+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation received for parent sponsorship in 2021

sarmadf

Sep 7, 2020
Hi All,

I applied for my mother as part of the parents and grandparents sponsorship program. We landed in 2018 and at the time of application in 2020 may not have met the requirements for sponsorship. But I went ahead and applied anyway (being optimistic). Anyhow, I later on found out that I had received an invitation letter to apply in 2021 which I had missed. It landed in my spam for some odd reason. My question is that, will my application still quality for the PGP 2024 program as part of the nomination filed in 2020? Alternately, is there any way that IRCC will consider that invitation now? What are my options since I cannot file a new request.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I applied for my mother as part of the parents and grandparents sponsorship program. We landed in 2018 and at the time of application in 2020 may not have met the requirements for sponsorship. But I went ahead and applied anyway (being optimistic). Anyhow, I later on found out that I had received an invitation letter to apply in 2021 which I had missed. It landed in my spam for some odd reason. My question is that, will my application still quality for the PGP 2024 program as part of the nomination filed in 2020? Alternately, is there any way that IRCC will consider that invitation now? What are my options since I cannot file a new request.

Thanks
IRCC will not consider the application now.

I believe you are out of the pool if you received an invite but didn't action it.

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Hi All,

Thanks
Try reaching out to IRCC and mention what happened and see if a request can be considered to include you in the pool. Kind of odd that you bring this up after 3 years. Anyways no harm in trying.
There are still many 2021 applicants waiting for their process to be completed. So if IRCC can take 3 years then individuals should be allowed to take that much time for a plea.