+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation Letter

Cookiemonster1

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi there

I am planning to invite my parents for a visit and I am on pgwp myself. I just wanna know who to address the invitation letter to. Should it be addressed to my parents or to the visa embassy?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
"Send your letter (notarized, if the visa office asks for that) to the person you are inviting to Canada."

This is what that link states thats why I'm confused
No need. I applied 3 times (got approved a visa) and the invitation letter from my sister were never notarized.

Cookiemonster1

Star Member
May 15, 2019
No need. I applied 3 times (got approved a visa) and the invitation letter from my sister were never notarized.
No no, not notarized. My concern is who should the letter be addressed to since the website states to send the letter to the person you are inviting to Canada but most samples I saw are addressed to the visa office

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
No no, not notarized. My concern is who should the letter be addressed to since the website states to send the letter to the person you are inviting to Canada but most samples I saw are addressed to the visa office
Send meaning... give the letter to the person you are inviting as the person needs it as a requirement. He/She will scan and upload it if he/she plans to apply online or attach the letter along with the application form if he/she choose to apply via paper.

But the letter needs to be addressed to the Embassy. As if you are saying to the visa officer that you are inviting the person... you will provide accommodation etc..

Cookiemonster1

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Send meaning... give the letter to the person you are inviting as the person needs it as a requirement. He/She will scan and upload it if he/she plans to apply online or attach the letter along with the application form if he/she choose to apply via paper.

But the letter needs to be addressed to the Embassy. As if you are saying to the visa officer that you are inviting the person... you will provide accommodation etc..
Thank you for the clarification. Much appreciated

ManziY

Feb 5, 2023
Hi there, fresh newbie here. glad I found this tread, almost two year after...as I cannot seem to find a difitive answer to the the same question, which is whom to address invitation letters to.

On CIC website below:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/supporting-documents.html#wb-auto-14

It states: "A copy of the letter from the family member inviting you to Canada. The letter must be written to you from your family member."

which sound to me a lot like "must be address to...", and it is a little bit different than @Cookiemonster1 concern which is over "send the letter to..."
or am I just overthinking this as most sample letters I found is addressed to the visa officer. Though I should mention I could find sample letters addressed to the person being invited as well, but then again the website containing the samples are not very clear about under what cricumstances should the letter be address to person being invited vs. visa officer.

Thanks in advance for your help!!