+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation letter/visitor visa for H1B stamping appnt

hummingbird98

Dec 10, 2020
Hi,

I’m applying for a visitor visa to Canada in order to attend my H1B visa stamping interview scheduled in December 2021. As part of the application process, IRCC is asking for an invitation letter ‘from the person inviting you to Canada, must be written by the host and should have specific information about the host and invitee’.

Since the purpose of this visit is solely for H1B visa stamping interview, I’m assuming the visa appointment letter should suffice?
Any suggestions or advice will be much appreciated, thank you.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Since the purpose of this visit is solely for H1B visa stamping interview, I’m assuming the visa appointment letter should suffice?
Yes, the visa appointment confirmation at US consulate should be enough.

Reactions: hummingbird98

hummingbird98

Dec 10, 2020
Yes, the visa appointment confirmation at US consulate should be enough.
Thank you! :)
Any idea how to contact IRCC if we are in the US and we have a question about the application prior to submission? I’m aware we can use the webform but isn’t that after submission only?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thank you! :)
Any idea how to contact IRCC if we are in the US and we have a question about the application prior to submission? I’m aware we can use the webform but isn’t that after submission only?
Yes you cannot contact before submitting application. They are not consultants.

Its not a big deal. Prepare and submit the application. They will get back to you for any missing documents. Dont think too much about what they would. They dont outright reject for any application. They will ask for more documents first. So just submit and wait for their review.

hummingbird98

Dec 10, 2020
Yes you cannot contact before submitting application. They are not consultants.

Its not a big deal. Prepare and submit the application. They will get back to you for any missing documents. Dont think too much about what they would. They dont outright reject for any application. They will ask for more documents first. So just submit and wait for their review.
Thought so…thanks! :)

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thought so…thanks! :)
Keep in mind that we dont know if border will be restricted for essential trips only at Dec. Dont know if they would extend till this year. Its a possibility hence not sure if visitor visa will get your work done. So be prepared.

Currently i doubt that your stamping is an essential trip hence you cant enter Canada even if you have visitor visa. So i would not plan for stamping based on visitor visa during this pandemic. Its better that you should plan to get your stamping done at your passport/citizenship/home country.
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start

Issues:
Dont know if visitor visa would be granted.
Dont know if entry restriction will be extended till Dec.
Canadian visa fee and US visa fee are at stake along with your time.

hummingbird98

Dec 10, 2020
Keep in mind that we dont know if border will be restricted for essential trips only at Dec. Dont know if they would extend till this year. Its a possibility hence not sure if visitor visa will get your work done. So be prepared.

Currently i doubt that your stamping is an essential trip hence you cant enter Canada even if you have visitor visa. So i would not plan for stamping based on visitor visa during this pandemic. Its better that you should plan to get your stamping done at your passport/citizenship/home country.

Issues:
Yes that’s what the worry is at this point. I’m just planning to get my visitor visa ready (if they grant it) just in case the border is fully reopened (as they seem to be planning to according to latest news). Fingers crossed.

Reactions: harirajmohan

hummingbird98

Dec 10, 2020

Issues:
Also, my sister who is a Canadian citizen resides in Toronto though my stamping is in Ottawa. When I plug in this info on the link you provided it does say that I will likely be allowed to travel with a visitor visa. Let’s see what happens until Dec anyway! :)

Reactions: harirajmohan