+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation letter-friend or boyfriend?

monkey0104

Sep 26, 2011
Hi everyone,

I just wanna go to Canada to see my girlfriend.

Now I plan to apply TRV.

She can write an invitation letter. So should she write that I'm just her friend or her boyfriend? Which one is better to get TRV?

Both of us are not PR or citizen of Canada.

Thanks a lot in advance :D

bodhyogi

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
Doc's Request.
29-03-2014 (pcc)
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Done....
11-11-2013
Passport Req..
18-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
dreaming of it every day (in process from 29th march 2014 and dm on 1st may 2014)
LANDED..........
i wish it soon
better u should not tell tht u r her boyfriend, it wont go in ur fevor, its just good to tell u her freind and u going to visit her, good luck.

monkey0104

Sep 26, 2011
bodhyogi said:
better u should not tell tht u r her boyfriend, it wont go in ur fevor, its just good to tell u her freind and u going to visit her, good luck.
Thanks a ton buddy

But will the visa officer suspect that I told a lie because I'm a boy while my friend who I plan to visit in Canada is a girl?

Or maybe I just think too much... ???

artaria

May 23, 2012
HI EVERYONE,

IM AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT IN HOLLAND AND WANT TO VIST MY UNCLE IN CANADA,HOW CAN I MAKE SURE I WILL GET THE VISA?

IS THE INVITATION LETTER NECESSARY?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.:)

monkey0104

Sep 26, 2011
artaria said:
HI EVERYONE,

IM AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT IN HOLLAND AND WANT TO VIST MY UNCLE IN CANADA,HOW CAN I MAKE SURE I WILL GET THE VISA?

IS THE INVITATION LETTER NECESSARY?
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.:)
Is your uncle Canadian?

Your uncle can send you an invitation letter with his bank statement. In the letter, he should explain that he will sponsor you when you in Canada.

I think that will be helpful.

You can get more information here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp

mastmunda.longi

Mar 6, 2013
hi everyone,i am a canadian citizen n i wanna call my boyfriend here.so i need to know that wat can i write in a invitation letter for tourist visa.

TookieC

Apr 22, 2013
When I first came up to visit my boyfriend, I had the same worry, and I asked him to write the letter as a friend. As I later found out, this wasn't the wisest move - Border Agents are trained to look for giveaways or inconsistencies, and they quickly found out the actual nature of our relationship. After "misrepresenting information", it was only through a very kind guard who allowed me to explain myself that I was allowed in at all!

I'd recommend to just be up front and honest. As was explained to me, Border Services aren't trying to keep couples apart. Border Services and Immigration are concerned mainly with verifying that you'll leave Canada at the end of your visit. The fact that you're visiting a significant other will raise a few flags, and you'll likely have to answer a few more questions, but it's much better than appearing as though you're trying to hide the relationship.

Reactions: wbayg

meg.j

Jul 17, 2013
Hi.

Can a work permit holder invite a friend or boyfriend here? Would that be possible? or you should be a permanent resident or an open work permit holder?