+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation Letter for TRV for Brother

reet100

Jun 28, 2017
Hey All,

I am writing an invitation letter to invite my brother for a short visit to Canada. I am a Canadian citizen and married to a Canadian citizen.
Who should I write the letter from - just me or both me and my husband? (We both have decent jobs - if that matters in any way).

Will appreciate your help.

Cheers :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey All,

I am writing an invitation letter to invite my brother for a short visit to Canada. I am a Canadian citizen and married to a Canadian citizen.
Who should I write the letter from - just me or both me and my husband? (We both have decent jobs - if that matters in any way).

Will appreciate your help.

Cheers :)
From you as you are his sibling.

banman741

Feb 28, 2024
The invitation letter has to be written and signed by you, however, you can show consolidated income incl. your husband too.

Reactions: reet100

reet100

Jun 28, 2017
I am thinking to mention my designation and income and the total household income. I am mentioning the household members as well(which is just me and my husband). But in the attachments I am only sharing my bank statements and passport details, hope that works.
I will be writing the letter on my behalf only and sign it.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am thinking to mention my designation and income and the total household income. I am mentioning the household members as well(which is just me and my husband). But in the attachments I am only sharing my bank statements and passport details, hope that works.
Your brother’s bank statements are more important to show he an afford to visit Canada. You can include your bank statements but IRCC doesn’t need to consider your funds. Letter can include that he will stay with you.

banman741

Feb 28, 2024
That should be fine. Be sure to add applicant's financial details as well. Good luck!

Reactions: reet100