+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation letter for parents has to be notarised if I am paying for everything

can19cancan

Jun 2, 2019
Hi all

I am sponsoring my parents for a visit to Canada.

I was told I must write a sworn declaration as an invitation letter. Is this is necessity or does it just add some value to the application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all

I am sponsoring my parents for a visit to Canada.

I was told I must write a sworn declaration as an invitation letter. Is this is necessity or does it just add some value to the application?
You don't need a sworn declaration.

Jaip22

Dec 19, 2016
I am not sure, but I did this in my case - Get the invitation letter notarized. It will makes it more legitimate.

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You dont need a sworn declaration; i applied for my mothers TRV couple on months back and my invitation letter was on a plan paper with my signature.

dound2018

Mar 8, 2019
You dont need a sworn declaration; i applied for my mothers TRV couple on months back and my invitation letter was on a plan paper with my signature.
Dear ayam
Did you get approval on their visit visa?
Are they tied with job back home, or has assets?
I would like to apply for my mother and she is a housewife... which makes me wonder if they would approve

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes my mother got visa approval. My mother is a window, and she is not working. She do receive government pension, have farm land on her name and all the crop is sold on her name. I mentioned about all this in her Purpose of Visit.

Reactions: dound2018