+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation letter for Chinese cousin

Marcw687

Jan 10, 2016
Hello everyone. I am a Canadian citizen, and my cousin is a chinese citizen. we both miss each other very very much. I want to get her over here to live with me for about 5 months. So right now she is applying for a visitor visa.

The problem is we're so afraid that she might get rejected due to financial reasons. She doesn't have any money aside from the ¥50000 frozen in her bank account that I transfered over, which was required to apply for the visa. Her family lives in the country side and don't have much money either.

We thought that it is probably a good idea to write a letter of invitation for her and state that her expenses will be fully covered by me.
I am 22 years old and I started working 4 months ago as a registered practical nurse in Toronto. I am earning decent wage ($3500/month before tax) and fully capable of supporting her. My parents also own a house, which she will be staying at.
However I heard from a friend that writing a letter of invitation can only be done by someone who has worked a permanent job for over a year and has paid taxes. Is that true? Am I unable to write the letter? Should I get my mother to write it instead since she has been working for many years?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CNY50,000 is not enough to prove that she would return to China after her intended trip. Anyways, won't it be easier for a Canadian citizen to visit China instead?

Marcw687

Jan 10, 2016
steaky said:
CNY50,000 is not enough to prove that she would return to China after her intended trip. Anyways, won't it be easier for a Canadian citizen to visit China instead?
Actually the 50000cny is the amount of money she needs to have frozen in her bank account for the duration of the trip to ensure she still has money left once she comes back. She has no money basically. I need to be fully responsible for her.

The reason why I cannot go visit her is because it's not possible for me to take a vacation right now from my job that I just started 4 months ago. She finished all her courses in university and has very much free time now since she is just waiting for her exams in october