+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation for Interview! Any idea?

Ana.me

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hello everyone!
I completed my test, asked to submit my passport photocopies and now invited to an Interview! Looks like a strange pathway, but ai hope there will be no further delay!
1-Any idea if I should be in Canada to do the interview?
2-in the email they ask to email them back with a consent to use MS team, I didn't get response yet (5days), should I do something else ?
3-Any documents should I prepare to be shown in Camera?
4-last, is invitation to interview ALWAYS a bad sign?

Thx

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
1. You don't have to.
2. Just wait.
3. PR card, healthy card, driver's license, all passports (old or new, within or outside eligibility period)
4. No.

Reactions: Ana.me

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
Well, it is not a bad sign what they want is to confirm that you were in Canada and your ties. They cant provide you citizenship if you just want it for convenience or a second passport.

If you are a Canadian Citizen in case of war they have to take you out so they want to make sure you like the citizenship to settle.

Jakke

Star Member
Nov 6, 2021
Well, it is not a bad sign what they want is to confirm that you were in Canada and your ties. They cant provide you citizenship if you just want it for convenience or a second passport.

If you are a Canadian Citizen in case of war they have to take you out so they want to make sure you like the citizenship to settle.
The law states that an applicant who satisfies the requirements for citizenship must be granted citizenship. That's it. The extra requirements are yours, not the IRCC's.

I applied for citizenship for convenience and a second passport. If fact as soon as I applied I left the country and have been out for almost 3 years. Because of the time limits on how long a PR can stay outside, it was convenient that I become a citizen. Plus the extra passport gives me visa-free travel to some countries.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Another irrational thread by the same person after they asked us about withdrawing their application because they were asked to send passport pages. Maybe do some research, read other threads before asking the already answered questions.

Intention to reside in Canada requirement was repealed years ago. Giving citizenship has nothing to do with wars. Do not spread ridiculous misinformation.

Ana.me

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Another irrational thread by the same person after they asked us about withdrawing their application because they were asked to send passport pages. Maybe do some research, read other threads before asking the already answered questions.

Intention to reside in Canada requirement was repealed years ago. Giving citizenship has nothing to do with wars. Do not spread ridiculous misinformation.
Thank you very much, and I do apologize if my question irritating you. I just trust this forum and people experience and I believe that's why we have this forum. Anyway Thank you again and I do apologize for any inconvenience