+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Investment Banking Back Office emplyees' NOC code

Pretzel86

Oct 17, 2017
Hello, I've been doing a lot of research over the past few weeks to figure out which NOC code best matches my work experience. Looking at some previous, similar, questions on this forum, it seems that pretty much no one knows for sure which NOC code is appropriate for IB back-office jobs. IMO it absolutely does not make sense to pick NOC 1434, which seems to be for rather low-skilled jobs.

I'm working for one of Belgium's largest financial institutions and my salary is, converted to CAD, 60K pa. without bonuses. I believe this to be relevant as the standard of living in Canada and Belgium are fairly similar and a NOC 1434 job typically earns around 40k pa.

Any ideas on which A or B level NOC I could pick? Anyone in a similar position who succesfully completed their express entry? My employer is happy to attest whatever I want him to write them on the attestation, provided it's not a lie obviously.

My duties can be described as follows:

· Perform functions relating to the security settlements process including, but not limited to the approval of security trades, communication with brokers, custodians and transfer agents on settlements issues, and the review of daily control reports to ensure timely and accurate settlement of trades. The types of securities processed are equities, bonds and investment funds.

· Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines as per different market requirements.

· Reduce the number of manual interactions by closely analyzing STP Processing and working to increase STP matching of settlement instructions. Either by tackling internal issues himself or by working with System Support, Customer Support and Account Management to improve operational efficiency.

· Act as a key point of contact for a set of professional clients (banks and other financial institutions) and respond to all inquiries within established turnaround times.

· Setting-up SSIs in the bank's internal system

· Execute global portfolio transfers IN for new clients (banks and other financial institutions) / Execute global portfolio transfers OUT for departing clients (banks and other financial institutions)

· Prepare data for external audit

· Train staff in local branch and Slovakia branch and carry out quality control of their work during training period

- Write standard operating procedures for undocumented processes and update outdated standard operating procedures

· Compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities and business decisions

I have contacted the Canadian government's via the NOC website (the e-mail addresses provided in previous threads, seemed to be no longer valid) and I was told that they cannot provide any advice on this.

Any thoughts? Surely I can't be the only one in this situation :)

hemanthpr

Jun 10, 2018
Hello, I've been doing a lot of research over the past few weeks to figure out which NOC code best matches my work experience. Looking at some previous, similar, questions on this forum, it seems that pretty much no one knows for sure which NOC code is appropriate for IB back-office jobs. IMO it absolutely does not make sense to pick NOC 1434, which seems to be for rather low-skilled jobs.

I'm working for one of Belgium's largest financial institutions and my salary is, converted to CAD, 60K pa. without bonuses. I believe this to be relevant as the standard of living in Canada and Belgium are fairly similar and a NOC 1434 job typically earns around 40k pa.

Any ideas on which A or B level NOC I could pick? Anyone in a similar position who succesfully completed their express entry? My employer is happy to attest whatever I want him to write them on the attestation, provided it's not a lie obviously.

My duties can be described as follows:

· Perform functions relating to the security settlements process including, but not limited to the approval of security trades, communication with brokers, custodians and transfer agents on settlements issues, and the review of daily control reports to ensure timely and accurate settlement of trades. The types of securities processed are equities, bonds and investment funds.

· Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines as per different market requirements.

· Reduce the number of manual interactions by closely analyzing STP Processing and working to increase STP matching of settlement instructions. Either by tackling internal issues himself or by working with System Support, Customer Support and Account Management to improve operational efficiency.

· Act as a key point of contact for a set of professional clients (banks and other financial institutions) and respond to all inquiries within established turnaround times.

· Setting-up SSIs in the bank's internal system

· Execute global portfolio transfers IN for new clients (banks and other financial institutions) / Execute global portfolio transfers OUT for departing clients (banks and other financial institutions)

· Prepare data for external audit

· Train staff in local branch and Slovakia branch and carry out quality control of their work during training period

- Write standard operating procedures for undocumented processes and update outdated standard operating procedures

· Compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities and business decisions

I have contacted the Canadian government's via the NOC website (the e-mail addresses provided in previous threads, seemed to be no longer valid) and I was told that they cannot provide any advice on this.

Any thoughts? Surely I can't be the only one in this situation :)
Hello,

Can you please tell me under what NOC did you apply? I am actually performing the same duties, But employed by a outsourcing firm.