+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Investment Banking Back Office Analyst NOC Code

Jaggs02

Apr 23, 2019
Hello Ravi,

Have you created your profile? Can you share which NOC code you used for your work experience 1 Corporate Actions? I am in the same boat as you.

Thanks,
Claire
Hi Claire.. Can you confirm which NOC u used.. Am having the same profile but confused with NOC.to be used.. Work on corporate actions.. Equity.. Debt mkt instruments.fron the operations prospective nt advisory

Dec 15, 2018
Hello Claire,

I have just received my ECA from IQAS and need to research on NOC code as i have experience in corporate action operation. I am just guessing it should be 1114 or 1112. If someone can advise me it would be gretful for me.

Dec 15, 2018
Hello Jaggs02,

I think we should go through 1114 or 1112 both looks matching but 1112 looks more front office related. Whats your thought.

Kirtii

Aug 18, 2019
Hi All,

I have worked with Financial institution and Investment banks in Reconciliations, FX and dealing. I am struggling to find appropriate NOC code. Could anyone please help me? I am not sure if code 0122 goes well with my responsibilities.

Role and responsibilities: (4 years exp)
Dealing :
1. Trade processing - Subscriptions, redemptions , Switches and transfers after appropriate AML checks
Reconciliations:
1. Responsible for cash, stock and Trade reconciliation across different accounts and different set of products
2. Conduct reconciliation and integrity checks
3. Liaising with counterparties across regions
4. Interaction with business analysis group and technology in testing and delivering of new reconciliations
5. Daily swift monitoring
FX:
1. I was working as an intermediary between the front/middle office and counterpaty
2. Trades which do not get settled at value date Either due to Being unconfirmed with the client or those that have discrepancies till value date
appear as post settlement breaks, for which I was liasing with the counterparty and our MO for getting them resolved
3. I was working on client money segregation and Bistro FOBO reconciliation
4. On swift reconciliation application, I reconcile the Incoming and Outgoing confirmations
5. I had to investigate all missing and unmatched MT300 confirmations, liasing with the counterparty and our FO and MO to resolve discrepancy
6. I had to investigate all unmatched/ alleged trades on CLS.

Reactions: sasha09

sasha09

Aug 1, 2019
Paris
Category........
FSW
Hi All,

I have worked with Financial institution and Investment banks in Reconciliations, FX and dealing. I am struggling to find appropriate NOC code. Could anyone please help me? I am not sure if code 0122 goes well with my responsibilities.

Role and responsibilities: (4 years exp)
Dealing :
1. Trade processing - Subscriptions, redemptions , Switches and transfers after appropriate AML checks
Reconciliations:
1. Responsible for cash, stock and Trade reconciliation across different accounts and different set of products
2. Conduct reconciliation and integrity checks
3. Liaising with counterparties across regions
4. Interaction with business analysis group and technology in testing and delivering of new reconciliations
5. Daily swift monitoring
FX:
1. I was working as an intermediary between the front/middle office and counterpaty
2. Trades which do not get settled at value date Either due to Being unconfirmed with the client or those that have discrepancies till value date
appear as post settlement breaks, for which I was liasing with the counterparty and our MO for getting them resolved
3. I was working on client money segregation and Bistro FOBO reconciliation
4. On swift reconciliation application, I reconcile the Incoming and Outgoing confirmations
5. I had to investigate all missing and unmatched MT300 confirmations, liasing with the counterparty and our FO and MO to resolve discrepancy
6. I had to investigate all unmatched/ alleged trades on CLS.
Same situation here. I had a similar experience. I was considering 1114. Let me know your input

Reactions: kiki136

Scharanjit250

Jan 20, 2020
Hello Guys,

i think best suitable matching code would be 1112 because 1112 does not have only front office role it has investment analyst roles as well
and combing few of them will make ur consolidated roles and responsibilities.

@Kirtii and Ravi Singh can you please share ur email ids i need some assistance on like how to write corresponding roles and ask employer to
provide the same on company letter head?

i would really appreciate your help!

please write me mail at Scharanjit250@gmail.com

Swathi gutha

Feb 11, 2020
Hi all,

Need your help.Requesting you to please check my job description below and advise which NOC under this comes and matches the most
As I am currently working under derivatives team for fund accounting and it is back operations.
I am not finding any suitable NOC code.
please kindly assist on the same, it would be of great help so I can go forward with my application process

Designation is Senior Portfolio Associate under fund accounting.

Duties and responsibilities:

• Carrying out complex and sensitive Derivatives trade processing, accounting and analysis in accordance with established procedures and client expectations.
• Account Buy, sell and other transactions for Exchange Traded Derivatives securities (Futures and Options), on behalf of the clients and maintain accounting records on the basis of the instructions received from Brokers, Investment Managers etc.
•Quality control – carry out audit tasks on a consistent basis and proactively implement and follow control measures to ensure top class client deliverables
• Collaborate across various stakeholders such as Investment Managers, Brokers, Clients and relationship managers to manage and answer complex client queries
• As a subject matter expert coach and assist lesser experienced team members and assist with troubleshooting issues encountered as part of the daily business deliverables
• Partner with IT teams and management to assist in transforming workflows and improving efficiency.

Thanks,
Regards,
Swathi

jchen2020

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hi all, i am having the exact same issue here with NOC code. I am currently working from investment bank front office, covering debt and equity underwrite. Seems like NOC 1114 fits more for me cuz one of the bullets "Financial underwriters underwrite new issues of stocks and bonds, negotiate with corporations and governments to determine the type and terms of new securities issued and prepare offering prospectuses" matches my main responsibility.
However, based on what you guys said, NOC 1112 fits more for front office and looking at NOC 1112, some of the key words like "CFA", "MBA" also match my experience. Which NOC would you recommend me to go with? Thank you so much.

Sabay

Feb 4, 2020
Hello,

I am currently in the process of applying for my PR through express entry; however I am having difficulties in matching my duties of my Analyst Role with the correct NOC Code.

I would really appreciate it if someone could assist me in finding the correct NOC Code. 1114 is close to some of my duties, but only a few duties match.
I was advised to use 1122, but I'm not too sure.

I worked for 2 years at Royal Bank of Scotland RBS as an Analyst in the investment banking sector Back Office.

Main duties included:
-Actively monitored all the daily feeds and resolved daily challenges in the Market Reference Data Management Team (Royal Bank of Scotland- Operations)
-Sourced Pricing data from external market data vendors including Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters and monitored end of day STP delivery to various downstream systems
-Sourced Holiday calendar data from external source – Swaps Monitor and manually maintained the same in internal systems
-Created and maintained new fixed income and equity securities as per the external market data vendor data- Bloomberg
-Maintained static data as per the source system and managed security and cash break investigation in order to facilitate both trading and settlement
-Involved in the internal quality audits that was performed quarterly
-Recognized patterns of issues and created appropriate tickets with IT to resolve the same
-Prepared and maintained the MIS (Management Information System) and Job Aid internally

Looking forward to a response.

Thank you in advance,

Did 1114 code work for u please help.. in the same boat!

Jhayeanne

Jan 30, 2022
Hello,

I am currently in the process of applying for my PR through express entry; however I am having difficulties in matching my duties of my Analyst Role with the correct NOC Code.

I would really appreciate it if someone could assist me in finding the correct NOC Code. 1114 is close to some of my duties, but only a few duties match.
I was advised to use 1122, but I'm not too sure.

I worked for 2 years at Royal Bank of Scotland RBS as an Analyst in the investment banking sector Back Office.

Main duties included:
-Actively monitored all the daily feeds and resolved daily challenges in the Market Reference Data Management Team (Royal Bank of Scotland- Operations)
-Sourced Pricing data from external market data vendors including Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters and monitored end of day STP delivery to various downstream systems
-Sourced Holiday calendar data from external source – Swaps Monitor and manually maintained the same in internal systems
-Created and maintained new fixed income and equity securities as per the external market data vendor data- Bloomberg
-Maintained static data as per the source system and managed security and cash break investigation in order to facilitate both trading and settlement
-Involved in the internal quality audits that was performed quarterly
-Recognized patterns of issues and created appropriate tickets with IT to resolve the same
-Prepared and maintained the MIS (Management Information System) and Job Aid internally

Looking forward to a response.

Thank you in advance,
Hi! I work in an IB- Back Office too. May I know what NOC code did you end up using? Did it work?