+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Investment Banking Back Office Analyst NOC Code

nimisha1894

Aug 15, 2018
Hello,

I am currently in the process of applying for my PR through express entry; however I am having difficulties in matching my duties of my Analyst Role with the correct NOC Code.

I would really appreciate it if someone could assist me in finding the correct NOC Code. 1114 is close to some of my duties, but only a few duties match.
I was advised to use 1122, but I'm not too sure.

I worked for 2 years at Royal Bank of Scotland RBS as an Analyst in the investment banking sector Back Office.

Main duties included:
-Actively monitored all the daily feeds and resolved daily challenges in the Market Reference Data Management Team (Royal Bank of Scotland- Operations)
-Sourced Pricing data from external market data vendors including Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters and monitored end of day STP delivery to various downstream systems
-Sourced Holiday calendar data from external source – Swaps Monitor and manually maintained the same in internal systems
-Created and maintained new fixed income and equity securities as per the external market data vendor data- Bloomberg
-Maintained static data as per the source system and managed security and cash break investigation in order to facilitate both trading and settlement
-Involved in the internal quality audits that was performed quarterly
-Recognized patterns of issues and created appropriate tickets with IT to resolve the same
-Prepared and maintained the MIS (Management Information System) and Job Aid internally

Looking forward to a response.

Thank you in advance,

Reactions: Yanis1992 and Sabay

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
Hello,

I am currently in the process of applying for my PR through express entry; however I am having difficulties in matching my duties of my Analyst Role with the correct NOC Code.

I would really appreciate it if someone could assist me in finding the correct NOC Code. 1114 is close to some of my duties, but only a few duties match.
I was advised to use 1122, but I'm not too sure.

I worked for 2 years at Royal Bank of Scotland RBS as an Analyst in the investment banking sector Back Office.

Main duties included:
-Actively monitored all the daily feeds and resolved daily challenges in the Market Reference Data Management Team (Royal Bank of Scotland- Operations)
-Sourced Pricing data from external market data vendors including Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters and monitored end of day STP delivery to various downstream systems
-Sourced Holiday calendar data from external source – Swaps Monitor and manually maintained the same in internal systems
-Created and maintained new fixed income and equity securities as per the external market data vendor data- Bloomberg
-Maintained static data as per the source system and managed security and cash break investigation in order to facilitate both trading and settlement
-Involved in the internal quality audits that was performed quarterly
-Recognized patterns of issues and created appropriate tickets with IT to resolve the same
-Prepared and maintained the MIS (Management Information System) and Job Aid internally

Looking forward to a response.

Thank you in advance,
Hi,
Have you take a look at NOC 1112? That one is not only for financial analysts, it also includes investment analysts.

Last edited:

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
I guess you should be able to use 1114, as your workex can be categorised more into 1114 than any other noc code.

You should not have problem with that.
If you use other which are a little bit specific to other areas you will find it difficult to match your duties accordingly as per your ref letter and that can create problem.

nimisha1894

Aug 15, 2018
I guess you should be able to use 1114, as your workex can be categorised more into 1114 than any other noc code.

You should not have problem with that.
If you use other which are a little bit specific to other areas you will find it difficult to match your duties accordingly as per your ref letter and that can create problem.
Yes that's what I thought too. I'm just really confused. I tried to contacting the NOC help through the email provided online, but I got back automated emails stating that the mailbox is not monitored anymore and it is not delivering.

Do you know any contact for me to get a better clarity as I am not 100% sure.
My Reference letter from work states the above duties and the NOC descriptions are very general.

Reactions: Sabay

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
My workex also has few years in static data, ( yours in reference data). But I also had Aml background. I was suggested to use 1114 as the description for 1112 is completely different. Even if few statements from 1114 matches, it's good to use as it covers all other functions which are explicitly not described in other nocs.
The email Id as you mentioned probably is not being monitored now, but I had got a reply from the same earlier.

nimisha1894

Aug 15, 2018
My workex also has few years in static data, ( yours in reference data). But I also had Aml background. I was suggested to use 1114 as the description for 1112 is completely different. Even if few statements from 1114 matches, it's good to use as it covers all other functions which are explicitly not described in other nocs.
The email Id as you mentioned probably is not being monitored now, but I had got a reply from the same earlier.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

Good luck to you :)

Jeetesh

Oct 4, 2018
Hello,

I have been working for a bank in compliance group as an AML Analyst. However, I am not able to find the appropriate NOC code for this position.Below are my duties and responsibilities.

Recommend actions to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, and to protect bank interest from penalties.

·Review client transactions, conduct initial analysis and identify suspicious activity and file required reports (SARS) as appropriate.

·Investigate and assess alerts/cases for potential money laundering risks in the Bank.

·Identify fraud trends, make recommendations for new strategies to prevent additional losses, and assume responsibility for special projects as assigned by Management.

·Conduct periodic internal account/customer reviews to identify potentially suspicious activity.

· Ensure timely, efficient reporting of suspicious transactions to State Bank of Pakistan and the Financial Monitoring Unit of Pakistan.
Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
Assist in identifying systematic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements for the Bank employees.
·Timely execution of instructions received from Government & Law Enforcement Agencies i.e. FBR, NAB, FIA, Anti-Corruption, Police etc of the various segment of the Bank.
·Assist with money laundering related queries/questionnaires received from Corresponding Banks.
·Investigate, review and resolve AML related and economic sanction related alerts.
·Maintain regular contact with branch personnel to obtain necessary information about customers and account activity.
·Update AML / KYC Policy and Compliance Manual and reviewing manual/policies/brouchers of the bank as per management directives and SBP Regulations.
Thanks

Pashy24

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

Good luck to you :)
Hi Nimisha, I was also responsible for similar job duties as you have mentioned. Which NOC did you finally use? 1114 or 1112? I'm confused. Anyone else on this forum who can suggest, please do! Thank you.

nimisha1894

Aug 15, 2018
Hi Nimisha, I was also responsible for similar job duties as you have mentioned. Which NOC did you finally use? 1114 or 1112? I'm confused. Anyone else on this forum who can suggest, please do! Thank you.
Hey! I used 1114

My papers have been submitted and I hope that there is no problem with the NOC Code. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: kiki136

Pashy24

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hey! I used 1114

My papers have been submitted and I hope that there is no problem with the NOC Code. Fingers crossed!
Thank you so much for confirming. I also feel 1114 suits best! I'll be submitting my application in a couple of days. Let's hope all goes well, best of luck!

Dec 15, 2018
Hello Members,

Could you please advise me which NOC code is perfectly matching as per below my JOB Duties.I am confused between 1112, 1114, 0122, 1311.

I have 4.4 years experience in Investment banking operation and Private equity,

Kindly have a look and guide me.

Investment Banking Operation and Capital Market

1) Process :- Corporate Action and Asset servicing, Reference Data and Static team.

2.5 year
experience

Processing of all Mandatory/Voluntary/Mandatory with choice Corporate Action events, such as: - Rights Issue, Stock Dividend, Exchange offer, Priority offer, Dividend Reinvestment (DRIP), Dividend Optional (DVOP), Dividend with currency option (DVCA), Merger, Name change of company, Spin off, Stock Split/Reverse stock split, Liquidation, Repurchase offer/Issuer Bid/Reverse Right, Right Issue/Subscription offer, Conversion, Final maturities, Warrant exercise, Tender offer/Acquisition/Takeover/purchase offer.

Dividend processing on mandatory events such as: Cash Dividend, Capital distribution, share premium on dividend, Interest payment.

Handling dividend team activities such as: Dividend accrual, Bond accrual, making Payables and Receivables for different counterparties also make sure all SSI details are accurate.

Work closely with front office for giving update if instruction not received as on deadline date from trading desk.

Data capture – By setting up new events and no capturing updates for existing through the process of Scrubbing by reconciling SWIFT MT564 and MT-568 (notifications) as received from global custodian.

2 Fund Accounting and Custody Operation. (6 Months experience currently going)

working closely with cash Activity which can impact on NAV.

Passing the adjustment entry through FIC tieout.

Calculate the FX amount for CAD an USD currency

Passing adjustment for buy Forex and sell forex and also checking cap stock activity.

Reconcile the income netting for different fund.

3) Private Equity backend operation (1.6 year exp)

Preparation and review of Fund Valuation Reports (FVR’s) on a quarterly basis. The FVR are prepared from Financial received from more than 300 Venture Capital firms and are analyzed for.

New Portfolio Company in which investment are made, Merger and Acquisition and Exits during the quarter.

Detailed analysis for exits provided including exit cost, proceeds and Interest/Dividend.

Preparation and review of Quarterly Write-ups capturing qualitative data from Financial Statement like.

IRR

Contribution and Distribution.

Amounts invested and amount realized on exits of Portfolio Company during the quarter.

Detailed analysis of valuation changes between two quarters in Portfolio Company.

Preparation and review of Equity Pick Up: EPUs are prepared to track the performance of the Funds floated by Venture Capital firms based on quarterly activity like.

Contribution and Distribution

Operating Income/Loss

Realized gain/loss

Unrealized gain/loss

Kindly suggest me which NOC should i mentioned appreciate for your response.

Education Background

B.COM (HONOURS)

MBA (FINANCE)

Elou

Jan 26, 2019
Hey! I used 1114

Hi Nimisha,

Do you have some helpful insight with regards to your application and if the correct NOC code you had was good?

Any help would be appreciated!

clairegg

Mar 18, 2019
Hello Members,

Could you please advise me which NOC code is perfectly matching as per below my JOB Duties.I am confused between 1112, 1114, 0122, 1311.

I have 4.4 years experience in Investment banking operation and Private equity,

Kindly have a look and guide me.

Investment Banking Operation and Capital Market

1) Process :- Corporate Action and Asset servicing, Reference Data and Static team.

2.5 year
experience

Processing of all Mandatory/Voluntary/Mandatory with choice Corporate Action events, such as: - Rights Issue, Stock Dividend, Exchange offer, Priority offer, Dividend Reinvestment (DRIP), Dividend Optional (DVOP), Dividend with currency option (DVCA), Merger, Name change of company, Spin off, Stock Split/Reverse stock split, Liquidation, Repurchase offer/Issuer Bid/Reverse Right, Right Issue/Subscription offer, Conversion, Final maturities, Warrant exercise, Tender offer/Acquisition/Takeover/purchase offer.

Dividend processing on mandatory events such as: Cash Dividend, Capital distribution, share premium on dividend, Interest payment.

Handling dividend team activities such as: Dividend accrual, Bond accrual, making Payables and Receivables for different counterparties also make sure all SSI details are accurate.

Work closely with front office for giving update if instruction not received as on deadline date from trading desk.

Data capture – By setting up new events and no capturing updates for existing through the process of Scrubbing by reconciling SWIFT MT564 and MT-568 (notifications) as received from global custodian.

2 Fund Accounting and Custody Operation. (6 Months experience currently going)

working closely with cash Activity which can impact on NAV.

Passing the adjustment entry through FIC tieout.

Calculate the FX amount for CAD an USD currency

Passing adjustment for buy Forex and sell forex and also checking cap stock activity.

Reconcile the income netting for different fund.

3) Private Equity backend operation (1.6 year exp)

Preparation and review of Fund Valuation Reports (FVR’s) on a quarterly basis. The FVR are prepared from Financial received from more than 300 Venture Capital firms and are analyzed for.

New Portfolio Company in which investment are made, Merger and Acquisition and Exits during the quarter.

Detailed analysis for exits provided including exit cost, proceeds and Interest/Dividend.

Preparation and review of Quarterly Write-ups capturing qualitative data from Financial Statement like.

IRR

Contribution and Distribution.

Amounts invested and amount realized on exits of Portfolio Company during the quarter.

Detailed analysis of valuation changes between two quarters in Portfolio Company.

Preparation and review of Equity Pick Up: EPUs are prepared to track the performance of the Funds floated by Venture Capital firms based on quarterly activity like.

Contribution and Distribution

Operating Income/Loss

Realized gain/loss

Unrealized gain/loss

Kindly suggest me which NOC should i mentioned appreciate for your response.

Education Background

B.COM (HONOURS)

MBA (FINANCE)

Hello Ravi,

Have you created your profile? Can you share which NOC code you used for your work experience 1 Corporate Actions? I am in the same boat as you.

Thanks,
Claire

Jaggs02

Apr 23, 2019
Hi Nimisha

Have u heard further on ur appliacation if the correct NOC code you had was good?I am having the similar experience but nt too sure which NOC shd I choose .

Any help would be appreciated!