+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Investing in canada as student gud option or bad? As PR is uncertain now

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
if u ask me no ...if u get a job in ur home country u can earn money and apply for PR once u have some experience its very easy for people with experience than students so no point in studying by spending so much money and time if just PR is ur aim. earlier study option was very attractive for people to find their way to PR now they have taken it away from us so why spend so much money. I studied here but cannot get points over 450 and i dont think my number will ever come in express entry system i am scared and may have to leave canada at the end of my pgwp.
Interesting topic, a few questions i have. I am a mechanical engineer with 3yrs of work exp in india. I am enrolling for a masters program in canada. Looking at your reply, i am wondering if my work exp will help? Will i be able to use my non-canadian work exp and a masters from university to boost my chances of getting PR?

Also, can learning French language boost an applicant's chances in the point system?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
kartz said:
Interesting topic, a few questions i have. I am a mechanical engineer with 3yrs of work exp in india. I am enrolling for a masters program in canada. Looking at your reply, i am wondering if my work exp will help? Will i be able to use my non-canadian work exp and a masters from university to boost my chances of getting PR?

Also, can learning French language boost an applicant's chances in the point system?
well yes experience will help u need a letter from ur employer and proof of employment. masters will add a few points but spending so much for those points and spending 2 years is not worth it if u will be judged with everyone around the world who have tons of experience. just set up an express entry profile or use the calculator and see how much points u get if u do master as opposed to working in ur home country for that time. then decide if u want to do masters or not. dont blindly spend ur money on education if its not going to help u get PR.

http://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

lucifer_2510

May 27, 2014
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
Kolkata
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Medical Upfront
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
File Transfer...
01-08-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
11-07-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
31-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
21-08-2014
mead said:
well yes experience will help u need a letter from ur employer and proof of employment. masters will add a few points but spending so much for those points and spending 2 years is not worth it if u will be judged with everyone around the world who have tons of experience. just set up an express entry profile or use the calculator and see how much points u get if u do master as opposed to working in ur home country for that time. then decide if u want to do masters or not. dont blindly spend ur money on education if its not going to help u get PR.

http://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html
It's 450 points we need... Mine is coming to 430 ...... A job might take it up.

ferda

Mar 18, 2015
Don’t forget though that studying abroad is a very good way of expanding your personal experience, becoming better educated in the world, and learning about other cultures and experiences. It is not all about just getting a degree as you can so this in your home country, but also about the extra skills you learn by being an international student which are transferable and recognized by many good employers.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
ferda said:
Don't forget though that studying abroad is a very good way of expanding your personal experience, becoming better educated in the world, and learning about other cultures and experiences. It is not all about just getting a degree as you can so this in your home country, but also about the extra skills you learn by being an international student which are transferable and recognized by many good employers.
ye well thats true if u have money to spend on expensive canadian education (its 3 times more than the local canadians). people in poor countries r taking loans which they can never pay off and if they dont get PR life is ruined.

dchazer

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
mead said:
if u ask me no ...if u get a job in ur home country u can earn money and apply for PR once u have some experience its very easy for people with experience than students so no point in studying by spending so much money and time if just PR is ur aim. earlier study option was very attractive for people to find their way to PR now they have taken it away from us so why spend so much money. I studied here but cannot get points over 450 and i dont think my number will ever come in express entry system i am scared and may have to leave canada at the end of my pgwp.
I will again like to reiterate here in a more elaborate way what our other member has recently suggested. Select an occupation of choice. See the labour market for that occupation in that province, and see how friendly is the Provincial Nomination Scheme for international graduates (proper research is the key here). Take up the course and try to enroll in a course where there are internship options for networking and building relationships. There is a strong likelihood that you will be offered a full time position with that employer. Even if you don't have one, u will be having 8 months to 3 years time, depending on the length of the programme, to search for a suitable job in your intended occupation. As soon as you get one, get an experience of 6 months or less depending on the provincial rules, and apply for the Provincial Nomination. Remember, you will not be requiring an LMIA approved job, unlike TFWs. There are high chances that in most of the times the allotted quota is not reached, and you should expect a nomination from 4-6 months. Once received, file your application for Express Entry. Even if your express entry score is as low as 350, because of the provincial nomination you will end up with a CRS score of 950, assuring yourself that your name is surely going to pop up in the initial CIC draws. Always remember this preference order CITIZEN > PR > INTERNATIONAL STUDENT > TEMPORARY FOREIGN WORKER > SKILLED INTERNATIONAL WORKER.

Feedback and suggestions welcome.

Thanks

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
i feel this guy is an agent. i would suggest not to study in canada at all. PNP is risky. by the time u graduate PNP's may have changed and you will be stuck spending so much money on education and no way to get PR. you will have to come back as I have seen a few people recently who couldnt not get express entry and their work permit expired. PR has become very unpredictable and spending so much does not make sense unless u really want to study.

Bruno V. S.

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
He's not an agent at all..
I agree with him.
And if you don't have enough money, maybe it's not worth it.
If you have it, and you like Canada so much, give it a try!!!

I've seen a few people who actually made it. What do they all have in common?
They did the best they can.
And when I say the best they can, I mean do the best research, planning and keep it a hard work.

Can you succeed if you choose to wait in you country? Yes. But you won't get the same odds as if you were there.

juancarlosco101

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well think a lot of people are throwing more light as to what they have seen or hear say. I will ask the forum,what has become of the CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS? Is it no more or whats up?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
juancarlosco101 said:
Well think a lot of people are throwing more light as to what they have seen or hear say. I will ask the forum,what has become of the CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS? Is it no more or whats up?
well express entry has CEC but first u have to get ITA through express entry and then apply under CEC. if u dont know whats going on with canadian immigration then u should read about express entry. express entry has screwed up lot of international students. under CEC it was almost as if u do 1 year skilled job in canada and u would get PR now with express entry in addition to qualifying for CEC u should also wait for ur number to come up. if ur number never comes up then u wot get a PR ever.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

juancarlosco101

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
well express entry has CEC but first u have to get ITA through express entry and then apply under CEC. if u dont know whats going on with canadian immigration then u should read about express entry. express entry has screwed up lot of international students. under CEC it was almost as if u do 1 year skilled job in canada and u would get PR now with express entry in addition to qualifying for CEC u should also wait for ur number to come up. if ur number never comes up then u wot get a PR ever.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp
thanks for answering and clearing up some issues for me,i just wanna ask something since its seems you are well–founded in this whole system.what of international that goes on the health care sector. Do you know anything about that please? thanks in advance.