+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Introduction letter for study permit...?

nitishagar

Dec 24, 2011
I got my s1 visa but do i also need an introduction letter from embassy for getting the study permit when i reach canada.
Please someone can explain me..

nitishagar

Dec 24, 2011
Please can someone help i only got the visa no letter with it,is the letter necessary and how do i get it??

love552

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Punjab
Visa Office......
chc chd
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
29-11-2011
Med's Done....
20-11-2011
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2011
LANDED..........
4-01-2012
yes man as far as in know letter is necessary..........u can contact ur high commission regarding that

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
nitishagar said:
I got my s1 visa but do i also need an introduction letter from embassy for getting the study permit when i reach canada.
Please someone can explain me..
Yes, its mandatory to provide it at the Port of Entry to acquire Study Permit.

s.gupta1487

Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2013
LANDED..........
18 Jan 2014
@nitishagar: i also havent got the letter of introduction with my s1 visa. can you tell if you have contcted CHC. I asked my consultant and he said that if we have stamp, we do not require that. what information do you have..pls share..

rhasan

May 3, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-11-2015
As far as I know, S-1 visa only allows you to enter the country and does not permit you to study/stay in Canada. If it was an SX-1 visa, then you wouldn't be needing the permit. So, I think you should contact with CHC regarding this matter. Don't trust the words of the consultants; they are always there to cover the holes with camouflages but you will eventually fall into one.

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All permits are issued with an introduction letter-Just drop a mail to for clarifications

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhasan said:
As far as I know, S-1 visa only allows you to enter the country and does not permit you to study/stay in Canada. If it was an SX-1 visa, then you wouldn't be needing the permit. So, I think you should contact with CHC regarding this matter. Don't trust the words of the consultants; they are always there to cover the holes with camouflages but you will eventually fall into one.
Hi,

Agreed.

s.gupta1487

Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2013
LANDED..........
18 Jan 2014
Can anybody tell me what is written on that letter? I have only received a simple paper with my passport which says welcome to canada and tell about the simple stuff that's written on the website. This page is not addressed to me nor it has any reference no. CHC will be on holiday till 4th jan. I'm tensed. Help me pls. I received my pp in sealed envelope with this single piece of paper and no introduction letter addressed to me.

shubham_1637

Apr 12, 2012
rhasan said:
Sir, after getting SX-1 visa , Do I need to get something else for travelling to canada and I am going on Internship and they provide me some employment so, Does SX-1 Visa take care all the necessary requirements?