+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intra company Transfer

GlobalCitizen1984

Dec 24, 2018
Hi All,

I am planning to ask my current employer for whom I have worked for 5 years in US to apply for ICT (intra company tranfer) to Ontario. Currently on H1b with I140 approved. I read that ICT in canada if I get laid off I will have to leave the country. It is more or less like L1.
Currently my CRS score with current IELTS score is 354. Although I am planning to give another IELTS and hope to make it better.

1. Will I get additional 50 points with ICT in Express Entry profile for ICT? I read ontario PNP cutoff is 400 and I am in Information Technology Sector. That may work for me.
2. If I only enter Canada after I get a Permanent Residency, and if I get laid off lets say after 6 months. Will I need to leave Canada even if I have the PR? I do not want to take risk of leaving my current job on ICT without a Permanent Resident Card.
3. If everything goes as I hope. I may even stay there for some time get my Permanent Resident Card. Come back to US. Sort my things here and then go back and work there. Is this possible?

Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - You will get those points AFTER completing a year of work experience in Canada and only if you have an offer for a year after becoming a PR.
2 - No.
3 - Yes, that's fine.

GlobalCitizen1984

Dec 24, 2018
Hi DelPiero07,

Thanks for your reply.

Is there a way I can get the points for ICT without moving to Canada?
And I chose not to move to Canada until I get PR. So, essentially even if I have an ICT I will wait for my PR to come before starting work.

Thanks !

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No points will be granted if you do not work for your company in Canada for a year.

GlobalCitizen1984

Dec 24, 2018
Thanks for the response.
Is there something that I can use from my employer in terms of job offer which is LMIA exempt and can give me some points towards my CRS?
My employer is willing to let me work with them post if I get PR.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I feel like we are going in circles, under ICT you cannot claim any points for the reason given above.

GlobalCitizen1984

Dec 24, 2018
Sorry. May I ask another query please?

I am reading the below article

https://www.cicnews.com/2018/03/ontario-selects-express-entry-candidates-with-crs-scores-as-low-as-351-0310408.html#gs.bt4vdy

What interests me is

The two draws conducted on March 26 were unique because Ontario issued “Targeted Notifications of Interest” to candidates who met the HCP stream criteria and who either had a job offer in Ontario or French language skills of CLB 7 or above.

Here it says job offer. What does job offer mean here? Is it LMIA or any job offer? If my employer gives me a job offer saying I will be employed only if I become a Permanent Resident, will it fall under above category?

Thanks in advance!