+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intra company transfer Work permit processing time

goldenlizard

Apr 1, 2022
Enquiring for my spouse ...

Is anyone else facing delays with TRV application? If you have recently applied, would be great if you could share timelines so those of us waiting can have an idea of how long it takes to get the visa (or denied the visa). We are citizens of India and live in Germany, but not sure under which VO the application is being processed; guess it should be Vienna. The application has been submitted by the representative (hired by employer) in Canada.

Processing time as per CIC's website when initially applied was 8 Weeks. Now the tool shows 3 weeks for Germany.
Its now 12 weeks and not even the eligibility review has started. There is absolute silence from IRCC.

Is this the new normal (post covid and backlogs)? Anyone else has similar experiences?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Enquiring for my spouse ...

Is anyone else facing delays with TRV application? If you have recently applied, would be great if you could share timelines so those of us waiting can have an idea of how long it takes to get the visa (or denied the visa). We are citizens of India and live in Germany, but not sure under which VO the application is being processed; guess it should be Vienna. The application has been submitted by the representative (hired by employer) in Canada.

Processing time as per CIC's website when initially applied was 8 Weeks. Now the tool shows 3 weeks for Germany.
Its now 12 weeks and not even the eligibility review has started. There is absolute silence from IRCC.

Is this the new normal (post covid and backlogs)? Anyone else has similar experiences?
Since you're asking about TRV processing, suggest that you post to the Visitors section of the forum.

Is there a reason why your spouse applied for a TRV vs. OWP? Is your spouse only planning on coming to Canada for a short visit and then returning to either Germany or India?

goldenlizard

Apr 1, 2022
Since you're asking about TRV processing, suggest that you post to the Visitors section of the forum.

Is there a reason why your spouse applied for a TRV vs. OWP? Is your spouse only planning on coming to Canada for a short visit and then returning to either Germany or India?
My bad. I thought OWP (Open Work Permit) and Closed Work Permit was a type of TRV.
My spouse's employer has applied for a Closed work permit for her, an Open Work Permit for me, and Study Permits for my kids.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My bad. I thought OWP (Open Work Permit) and Closed Work Permit was a type of TRV.
My spouse's employer has applied for a Closed work permit for her, an Open Work Permit for me, and Study Permits for my kids.
They are work permits (not TRVs).

So your spouse applied for an OWP (which makes sense if your spouse is coming with you). In that case you've posted in the right section of the forum but it's good to make it clear what exactly you've applied for.

We are seeing very long processing times for spousal OWPs. So what you are experiencing is unfortunately very normal right now.

goldenlizard

Apr 1, 2022
They are work permits (not TRVs).

So your spouse applied for an OWP (which makes sense if your spouse is coming with you). In that case you've posted in the right section of the forum but it's good to make it clear what exactly you've applied for.

We are seeing very long processing times for spousal OWPs. So what you are experiencing is unfortunately very normal right now.
Thanks @scylla and I clarify I got the terminology wrong. However, my spouse has applied for the Closed work permit and not OWP. The concern of delay is not for a spousal OWP but for the Closed Work Permit (Intra Company Transfer).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Got it. I reversed you and your spouse. Anyway, everything is taking longer right now. If you read through the existing discussions in this section of the forum you'll see many are waiting longer than the posted processing time for both ICTs and open work permits. Best way to get a sense is to read through the existing threads & posts.

Reactions: goldenlizard

goldenlizard

Apr 1, 2022
Got it. I reversed you and your spouse. Anyway, everything is taking longer right now. If you read through the existing discussions in this section of the forum you'll see many are waiting longer than the posted processing time for both ICTs and open work permits. Best way to get a sense is to read through the existing threads & posts.
Ok, I will go through the discussions. Would you think that a spousal OWP (mine) being part of the application package is responsible for slowing down the processing time for the ICT work permit for my spouse?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok, I will go through the discussions. Would you think that a spousal OWP (mine) being part of the application package is responsible for slowing down the processing time for the ICT work permit for my spouse?
No - it shouldn't be. Also, you won't necessarily receive the decisions for all of the applications together.

mandydias

Star Member
Apr 2, 2022
Hi - Just sharing my timeline below for reference. You can raise a webform to know which VO is processing your application. Spreadsheet attached of those waiting for work permits and also how you can find out which office is processing your WP. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18eS421boDyBq0dyKRaFtNEj-5agPyHA9wJfLqwPEMiw/edit#gid=973224999

My company has applied for a ICT work permit in Jan, Bio was done in Feb along with upfront medicals this year which includes my spouse OWP and my kids visas We are still waiting for a response. There is massive delays due to the backlog. I'm afraid there is nothing you can do but wait at this point.

goldenlizard

Apr 1, 2022
Hi - Just sharing my timeline below for reference. You can raise a webform to know which VO is processing your application. Spreadsheet attached of those waiting for work permits and also how you can find out which office is processing your WP. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18eS421boDyBq0dyKRaFtNEj-5agPyHA9wJfLqwPEMiw/edit#gid=973224999

My company has applied for a ICT work permit in Jan, Bio was done in Feb along with upfront medicals this year which includes my spouse OWP and my kids visas We are still waiting for a response. There is massive delays due to the backlog. I'm afraid there is nothing you can do but wait at this point.
Thanks @mandydias. Quite helpful, I looked at the link. For point 4, it says to select Singapore as the office, I guess in our case we would select Vienna as the office. Also I doubt the replies to a webform come in 1 or 2 days. Looks like that we too have no option but to wait. I would have thought that Work Permits are easy to issue since it is filed by a company and usually that means paperwork is in order.

My spouse's timeline is after yours - application in March, biometrics in April, medicals were done already in Feb as part of a PR application - so that was just attached. But no response since application submission - status always is that Eligibility is yet to start.

mandydias

Star Member
Apr 2, 2022
Pleasure. Chose Singapore as they respond back in a day or two and they will confirm in their response who your visa office(VO) is. It’s the VO that responds the fastest so it’s best to email them just asking the status of your application and they will mention who it is.
Then you can follow that visa office processing times that’s mentioned on the IRCC website. We just have to wait it out, if the processing time passes what’s posted on the IRCC website, then raise a webform to your VO and mention your application has crossed processing times. Have your company also follow up with IRCC. Mine has been doing it for a couple of weeks but yet to get any response back.
Good luck! The waiting is certainly teaching me patience! :)

Last edited:

goldenlizard

Apr 1, 2022
Pleasure. Chose Singapore as they respond back in a day or two and they will confirm in their response who your visa office(VO) is. It’s the VO that responds the fastest so it’s best to email them just asking the status of your application and they will mention who it is.
Then you can follow that visa office processing times that’s mentioned on the IRCC website. We just have to wait it out, if the processing time passes what’s posted on the IRCC website, then raise a webform to your VO and mention your application has crossed processing times. Have your company also follow up with IRCC. Mine has been doing it for a couple of weeks but yet to get any response back.
Good luck! The waiting is certainly teaching me patience! :)

Ok, got it. I will relay this info to my spouse and have her raise this web form. I think Vienna VO (which is assigned to Germany) is also responsive, at least they responded to an email I sent them directly regarding my PR process the very next day. Spouse's company has outsourced to their lawyer, and lawyer has outsourced to a local representative in Canada :). So I guess the representative should follow up with IRCC, but going by your reply above, nothing will get a response. I guess it will happen when it happens.

Reactions: mandydias

mandydias

Star Member
Apr 2, 2022
Exactly, not much anyone can do at this point but wait. Hope we all hear something sooner rather than later :) Good luck to you and the family.

AniruddhaK

Jun 9, 2022
Hi All,

what is the current processing timelines for below category. I am applying from India.

Work Permit and Multiple-Entry Temporary Resident Visa
GATS: Intra-Company Transferee – Specialized Knowledge Workers
Regulation 205(a); LMIA Exemption Code C12
Database Analyst and Administrator (NOC: 2172)
Application date : 20th June 2022
Medicals done already.
Bio metric : 25th June 2022 scheduled

Appreciate your inputs.