+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interviewer on Test Day?

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Hi All,

Do you know if the person interviewing you on your test day is the person/citizenship officer assigned to your case ?

I am guessing it is ..or is it ? Or you cannot say confidently that it is true ? Curious to see the feedback.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
us2yow said:
Hi All,

Do you know if the person interviewing you on your test day is the person/citizenship officer assigned to your case ?

I am guessing it is ..or is it ? Or you cannot say confidently that it is true ? Curious to see the feedback.
I dont think so; Why? Assuming the case officer, the on approving the application will sign the certificate as well. The signature on my certificate does not belong to the hand-writing of the officer (official) that interviewed me.
What is the relevance of this?

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
I was not that far ahead in the process in terms of the certificate etc. I wondered if on the day of the test, the officer interviewing a candidate is the same as the officer assigned to that person's file. That's all.

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
us2yow said:
I was not that far ahead in the process in terms of the certificate etc. I wondered if on the day of the test, the officer interviewing a candidate is the same as the officer assigned to that person's file. That's all.
No, CIC appointment random officers on test/interview days, eg. after the test you go to the room and see a lots of people waiting to be interviewed and sometimes there are just 3 officers/interviewer there so it can't be the same officer that handles your case. However, the officer that may interview may just be an officer that was handling your file but was just randomly selected to do interviews and they may change them around. eg. This week 5 conducts interview and another week a different 5 conducts interview.

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No idea but some of the interviewing officers definitely do have the authority to give out Oath letters at the end of the interview.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Sisifo said:
No idea but some of the interviewing officers definitely do have the authority to give out Oath letters at the end of the interview.
That doesnt mean they approve your file. I got the oath letter at the end of interview, but I dont think the interviewer was the decision maker.