+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
They tend to only approve your application if you worked (any job), instead of applying for welfare right after landing.
I know someone whose application is stuck because he seldom worked (on welfare ALL the time since landing).
How do you even get welfare without working in Canada, do you mean EI? If you do then I believe EI is paid by you to the govt for tough times. Sorry, this maybe a stupid question..I am not too familiar with welfare stuff.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
How do you even get welfare without working in Canada, do you mean EI? If you do then I believe EI is paid by you to the govt for tough times. Sorry, this maybe a stupid question..I am not too familiar with welfare stuff.
You can. For example, as long as you lived in any city in Ontario for a year, you can apply for Ontario Works (for self-employed or people who never had jobs). EI is for people who had jobs (T4 jobs).

Reactions: A_S and johnyrose

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
They tend to only approve your application if you worked (any job), instead of applying for welfare right after landing.
I know someone whose application is stuck because he seldom worked (on welfare ALL the time since landing).
To be clear, approval for and grant of citizenship is in NO way contingent on employment. An individual who has relied on government assistance is no less qualified for citizenship than someone who consistently works in a high-paying job.

This is one of those areas in which causation and correlation are not much connected. It's like recognizing that almost all murderers drank milk as a child . . . does not mean drinking milk as a child has anything to do with becoming a murdered.

Work history is not an important factor because it shows the applicant was working. It is important because of what it shows about where the applicant has been living. The applicant with a regular job involving showing up at a known worksite in Canada, for a readily recognized employer in Canada, has an advantage because that is very strong, compelling evidence the applicant has been IN Canada. In contrast, there may be an open question about what an applicant with a sketchy work history was doing during extensive periods of time, and whether they were outside Canada for some of that time.

For example, applicants who are self-employed, or engaged as "consultants," can encounter elevated scrutiny compared to those employed by known Canadian employers. Not because employment with known employers is preferred, but because for the self-employed, and somewhat similarly those engaged as consultants, it is less certain where the individual has been physically located.

Even though the applicant with little job history might encounter elevated scrutiny and lengthy delays due to non-routine investigation, which during the last several years tends to result in really, really long delays (remember, when most applicants are suffering from long processing times, as they have been these past three years, the delays are disproportionately far greater for those tangled in non-routine processing), if they are qualified, if they meet the requirements, they will be approved and scheduled for the oath.

Reactions: johnyrose

SAM2000

May 4, 2018
Yeah @SAM2000 I am curios too. Was too much income or something like that? Please let us know.
Was a way from the portal for sometime, and seen several inquiries about tax subjects I was briefly asked about during my short interview, firstly I never took any federal or provincial financial assistance including the COVID things, secondly, the officer inquired was about my relatively low income reported for some years and how then I was affording my living expenses (not taking any government assistance). This whole tax and work conversation was short took less than 2 min so not really a lengthy inquiry thing. Nothing to worry about. I am not aware if those who take or took financial (welfare) assistance may have tougher conversation, but in principal I do not think so

SAM2000

May 4, 2018
To be clear, approval for and grant of citizenship is in NO way contingent on employment. An individual who has relied on government assistance is no less qualified for citizenship than someone who consistently works in a high-paying job.

This is one of those areas in which causation and correlation are not much connected. It's like recognizing that almost all murderers drank milk as a child . . . does not mean drinking milk as a child has anything to do with becoming a murdered.

Work history is not an important factor because it shows the applicant was working. It is important because of what it shows about where the applicant has been living. The applicant with a regular job involving showing up at a known worksite in Canada, for a readily recognized employer in Canada, has an advantage because that is very strong, compelling evidence the applicant has been IN Canada. In contrast, there may be an open question about what an applicant with a sketchy work history was doing during extensive periods of time, and whether they were outside Canada for some of that time.

For example, applicants who are self-employed, or engaged as "consultants," can encounter elevated scrutiny compared to those employed by known Canadian employers. Not because employment with known employers is preferred, but because for the self-employed, and somewhat similarly those engaged as consultants, it is less certain where the individual has been physically located.

Even though the applicant with little job history might encounter elevated scrutiny and lengthy delays due to non-routine investigation, which during the last several years tends to result in really, really long delays (remember, when most applicants are suffering from long processing times, as they have been these past three years, the delays are disproportionately far greater for those tangled in non-routine processing), if they are qualified, if they meet the requirements, they will be approved and scheduled for the oath.
Very well articulated point of view and I agree with, with respect to the citizenship grant process, the job, and tax things are only relevant and important as indicators of being really and consistently living in Canada

kingfaisal

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Hey folks,

Just received a letter from IRCC requiring me to appear in an interview on MS teams in January 2023. Only my bg and test are complete and because i took the test from outside Canada, i was asked to submit full scans of my passport and government issued id on November 17, 2022 which I submitted on November 23, 2022.

Now i am back in Canada and I already informed ircc about my return with boarding pass and travel itinerary serving as proof of my return.

What should i expect in this interview? Anyone else have gone through this situation? Kindly share your experience as i have no idea why is this required at this stage. Any feedback in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
Hey folks,

Just received a letter from IRCC requiring me to appear in an interview on MS teams in January 2023. Only my bg and test are complete and because i took the test from outside Canada, i was asked to submit full scans of my passport and government issued id on November 17, 2022 which I submitted on November 23, 2022.

Now i am back in Canada and I already informed ircc about my return with boarding pass and travel itinerary serving as proof of my return.

What should i expect in this interview? Anyone else have gone through this situation? Kindly share your experience as i have no idea why is this required at this stage. Any feedback in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
i heard people who had interview with IRCC said they either wanted to check your language skills and some stamps on your passport and some ID checks to make sure you is you lol etc...