FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
No update . When usually tracker updates? Early in morning or could it be changed during their working hours?
Early morning, usually Friday.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
One month has passed and no update after interview.
Any update from anyone?
3 weeks after the interview, still no update. I don't wanna say anything except continue to wait.

Lyda reid

Nov 24, 2022
Hi everyone,
Would like your help please.

this is the message we got:

In order to continue processing your immigration application, or the application of your relative in Canada, you and the following persons are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time
indicated below:

Interview IRCC:
Myself (Canadian citizen)
Husband

Please bring the following original documents:

UCI number - Husband:

Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background
Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature This must be received at this office by

Rental/Lease Agreement: Rental or Lease Agreement

Question is, am I suppose to fill one out as well? what is the interview about if they are only requesting for his information? Is this a good final last step of the process?

SAM2000

May 4, 2018
Hi All
Just sharing my recent interview experience to members of this great form which helped me too with info
Around 5 weeks after the online test ( done in Canada, passed) got an email with an attached letter for an in-person interview with immigration office at the Scarborough office on mid of Nov 2022. I went there will make original Id docs: PR, Driving license, Health card, and my current passport which was issued in 2021 and it does not cover the period of citizenship application (2020-2015) , I did not have the old passport as it was taken by authority of my home country while issuing new passport back during Covid restrictions. Interview was fairly OK, I was asked about my travels, what my current jobs, ..etc
Then the BIGGEST HAPPY Surprise was that post-interview, the immigration officer asked me if I am OK to do the citizenship oath same day after like an hour, I said BIG YES .. and that what happened m myself with around other 10-12 persons had same experience and did oath individually . All the persons with me had similar interview letters.. Bottom line, things went FAR beyond my best expectation. Do not be overwhelmed if you receive and interview letter, it can be even better news as you may be asked to perform the oath the same day

Mik486

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi everyone,
Can someone please give me some details on what exactly were the questions in the interview?

Mik486

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Hi All
Just sharing my recent interview experience to members of this great form which helped me too with info
Around 5 weeks after the online test ( done in Canada, passed) got an email with an attached letter for an in-person interview with immigration office at the Scarborough office on mid of Nov 2022. I went there will make original Id docs: PR, Driving license, Health card, and my current passport which was issued in 2021 and it does not cover the period of citizenship application (2020-2015) , I did not have the old passport as it was taken by authority of my home country while issuing new passport back during Covid restrictions. Interview was fairly OK, I was asked about my travels, what my current jobs, ..etc
Then the BIGGEST HAPPY Surprise was that post-interview, the immigration officer asked me if I am OK to do the citizenship oath same day after like an hour, I said BIG YES .. and that what happened m myself with around other 10-12 persons had same experience and did oath individually . All the persons with me had similar interview letters.. Bottom line, things went FAR beyond my best expectation. Do not be overwhelmed if you receive and interview letter, it can be even better news as you may be asked to perform the oath the same day
Congratulations. I have a quick question. Did the interviewer ask you any statutory questions during the interview?

SAM2000

May 4, 2018
Congratulations. I have a quick question. Did the interviewer ask you any statutory questions during the interview?
Thanks, no such questions, it was about seeing original Ids including passport, what I do for living, travel (briefly) and strangely he questioned my tax reported income

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Thanks, no such questions, it was about seeing original Ids including passport, what I do for living, travel (briefly) and strangely he questioned my tax reported income
Without giving out personal info, what was he asking about the taxes? Was he asking the amount? or something else

Reactions: johnyrose

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
. . . strangely he questioned my tax reported income
Without giving out personal info, what was he asking about the taxes? Was he asking the amount? or something else
Was too much income or something like that? Please let us know.
I have no insight into why @SAM2000 was asked questions about "tax reported income," or what underlies any particular questions posed to a specific applicant.

Nonetheless, in general it is NOT "strange" for applicants to be asked a wide range of questions relating to the core elements of most people's lives, especially in regards to matters that can reflect on the accuracy and completeness of the information an applicant has provided in the application, including in particular as to information related to address and work history (including for periods outside the eligibility period), as well as travel history.

A lot of questions can be oriented to whether all the various pieces fit the whole picture.

One of the things CIC/IRCC has historically focused on is whether the applicant's reported work history is consistent with the applicant's lifestyle, with a view to identify if an applicant has had undisclosed employment abroad (which in turn would be reason to more closely examine if the applicant was abroad more than reported).

Reminder: one the assessment tools most employed by IRCC is cross-checking information to identify inconsistencies or incongruities, not to challenge that particular information but to screen for indicators of deception or omission. This is why, for example, both IRCC and CBSA interviewers (very common in Port-of-Entry examinations) quite often ask what amounts to the same question twice (or sometimes even three times), albeit asked in slightly different ways. They often ask questions about things they know the answer. They often ask questions which are not directly related to the substantive issues (noting, after all, citizenship applicants are required to provide a complete work history for the eligibility period even though there is no employment requirement for a grant of citizenship).

So, noting again I do not know why @SAM2000 was asked, questions about reported income are less likely to be about an applicant's tax filings but more about how the applicant's response fits into the rest of the picture, including the applicant's reported work history, and especially as this relates to whether that is accurate, and just as importantly, whether it is complete, and whether anything suggests a reason to more closely examine details in the applicant's case.

MAIN THING -- while the PI interview is usually a simple formality, and is brief and non-intrusive, almost perfunctory, for the vast majority of applicants, the potential range of questions is huge, and for sure can go into just about any aspect of the applicant's employment history and address history, including information current to the date of the interview, including general finances, as well as family relations (including information about location of immediate family), and much, much more. The good news is that the questions are not difficult to answer for an applicant who has been truthful, complete, and who is not otherwise hiding anything.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
They tend to only approve your application if you worked (any job), instead of applying for welfare right after landing.
I know someone whose application is stuck because he seldom worked (on welfare ALL the time since landing).