+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview

Shahravi53

Mar 16, 2019
Hello friends Delhi high commission has requested for Interview, Is any one having any idea regarding what questions they will ask? What documents we have to take with us? Please reply. Thank you

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Hello friends Delhi high commission has requested for Interview, Is any one having any idea regarding what questions they will ask? What documents we have to take with us? Please reply. Thank you
The interview letter should have said what additional information you need to being to the interview

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
As already stated by Jaybee43, the letter they sent you should have told you exactly what kind of documentation you need to bring with you to the interview.

In regards to questions that may be asked, it depends on what their concerns are about your application. If you haven't already, you should order your GCMS notes so that you can see exactly what the concern is. It will give you an idea of the kinds of questions to expect. Everyone's interview experience/questions are a little different depending on the reason that the application was flagged for interview.

Enxhi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
I had interview last week, they asked general questions about relationship (where and when I met him, where does he and his family work, what I like and hate to him, what I’ll do when I go there etc)
They have written on the letter what you have to bring with you, in my case they asked proof of communication and marriage photos as I didn’t send to them before. Just relax and take it easy, it’s very important to have your emotions under control.
Good luck!

Reactions: Anthonymarshall

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
I had interview last week, they asked general questions about relationship (where and when I met him, where does he and his family work, what I like and hate to him, what I’ll do when I go there etc)
They have written on the letter what you have to bring with you, in my case they asked proof of communication and marriage photos as I didn’t send to them before. Just relax and take it easy, it’s very important to have your emotions under control.
Good luck!
What was there reason for requesting the interview. My spouse has an interview in November and it was around assessing his relationship to me. We have sent wedding photos, passport stamps as I travel to see him 2 times a year.

Pak8762000

Nov 12, 2019
how long is it gonna take to complete the process after the interview. I have my interview in Abu Dhabi on 27th November. So shall I stay there for some days to wait for my visa is approved or come back my home country
Can anyone guide me?
And how they stamp on passport?

Reactions: Irq119

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
how long is it gonna take to complete the process after the interview. I have my interview in Abu Dhabi on 27th November. So shall I stay there for some days to wait for my visa is approved or come back my home country
Can anyone guide me?
My partner had interview in August we are still waiting

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Can anyone guide me?
An interview is an indication of likely longer processing times, as it generally means they disbelieve something about your application. They will almost definitely not affix a counterfoil to your passport at the interview.

minou

Sep 15, 2019
An interview is an indication of likely longer processing times, as it generally means they disbelieve something about your application. They will almost definitely not affix a counterfoil to your passport at the interview.
But in most cases, if they pass the interview they get the visa on that day

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Not for spousal sponsorship interviews outside of Canada, no.
There's been some cases at the Los Angeles VO where they give visa on the spot after a successful interview, although in cases where the background check is still pending after (successful) interview is finished, there is a bit more of a wait until the visa is given.
Of course, if the interview does not go well then the visa would definitely not be issued on the spot.

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
N
definitely yes, in our group one of them exactly yesterday got the visa the same day and another one last months
Not that I doubt that some get visas the same day, that’s 3 examples out of thousands of applications. If the interview is simply a formality, I can see a visa being issued. If there are concerns, I doubt it is that easy.
As for why they interview, it’s clearly stated in the application an interview may be required during the process. Some are based on concerns, others are merely quality control measures.

Reactions: k.h.p.

Irq119

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Can anyone guide me?
Hi. What time is your interview

SunshineJA

May 19, 2019
Jamaica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston,JA
App. Filed.......
06-06-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
File Transfer...
04-09-2019
Med's Request
19-08-2019
Med's Done....
28-08-2019
Interview........
06-02-2020
Passport Req..
29-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2020
Not for spousal sponsorship interviews outside of Canada, no.
Yes in Jamaica most applicants get interviews and if approved visas are stamped immediately along with COPR