+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

interview

jalalK

Jan 11, 2010
hi everyone
i had an interview in beirut a week ago, they asked me to bring my renewed passport and a proof of communication to the interview
and after the interview the lady said she needs to look at everything and make a decision and when she does she'll let me know.
and she said she will have to resend the file to damascus for further processing and if they need something there they will tell me.
well, I don't like that.
anyway how much longer do you think it will take

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
The interview is basically to verify that yours is a genuine relationship before they carry through with the rest of the processing of the application. So what "the lady" was telling you was that she would be reviewing her notes from the interview to make a decision as to whether you are a qualified applicant. If her decision is positive, the application will go back to the embassy and they will continue with the processing. If they need anything else from you, they will contact you.

Damascus has a processing timeline of only 3-7 months - that's pretty fast. Because your case required an interview, you'll probably be closer to the 7 months timeline before you get a final decision - so depending on when Damascus first received your application, you can kind of estimate when they should be finishing processing.