+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview

brodela

Mar 2, 2015
My partner's application (primary applicant) had background in to progress few weeks ago. Now last week she got an invitation for an interview.
She only has to bring the invitation (e-mail) and her passport. So no additional documents.

I assume they have questions about her werkexperience (4 jobs) and her travel (work holiday) in Canada.

Anyone had an interview before?
AOR feb 2016 VO Paris

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
Hello,

If no additional documents are requested in the invitation, then her passport and the email of the invitation sound good; if it's related to her work experience, she can still bring proof of employment.

Did she work in foreign countries or in Canada ?

Under which category did she apply ?

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
No matter what documents they asked for, I would still bring proof of everything claimed on the profile because you never know if another question might come up during the interview and it doesnt hurt to be prepared just in case.

She should have all her documents available anyway.

Best of luck!

brodela

Mar 2, 2015
GoHaPPyCaN said:
Hello,

If no additional documents are requested in the invitation, then her passport and the email of the invitation sound good; if it's related to her work experience, she can still bring proof of employment.

Did she work in foreign countries or in Canada ?

Under which category did she apply ?
Yeah she's FSW Outland (Belgium). So all work experience is outland and two NOC codes (both skilled).

She will take all documents from the application with her. Because you never know.

dtjmiddleton

Jun 4, 2016
I had an interview in the UK a couple of weeks ago. When I arrived I was told it's just a random sampling of people they select for interview.

That said, I brought SO much documentation with me; all the documents I had sent off with my application as well as email chains from work, portfolio work, pay slips, reference letters etc etc so I could fully back up any questions they asked.

Whilst she didn't specifically ask to see anything, I offered the pack over and she went through and it started quite an informal conversation.

It was in no way intimidating, and my application has moved on massively in the week since my interview.

I would definitely advise to take as much information as you can. It will show how serious you are about moving across to Canada and that you aren't trying to hide anything. Good luck!

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
First of all, thanks for sharing your interview experience dtjmiddleton!

I think it is a great lesson for everybody that being well prepared is always the best way to go. You never know where an interview might lead and what questions might come up so the more proof you have of everything you claimed in your application, the better.