+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

interview reschedule vs. file transfer

Goggle

Jan 19, 2007
Hello, everyone! Luckily found this website when I searched online for my coming interview. Any comments or suggestion for the following Qs will be highly appreciated!!

Application sent in Dec 05 to Buffalo, skilled worker, an interview scheduled in March 07 in New York, the latest confirmation date is Jan 30… but I am not in the States currently, and neither can I get a US visa interview before Jan 30.

1. Can I ask for a reschedule directly without a refusal letter from the US Embassy?

2. If reschedule is approved, what would be the next available interview time in New York Office?

3. If reschedule is approved, but I still cannot get a US visa, can I ask for a file transfer then? Or I can only choose one between “reschedule” and “file transfer”?

4. If I cannot enter the States finally, and also cannot have my filed transferred, will they make a decision based on the paper documents or reject my application directly b/c of my absence?

5. Has anybody ever got a B1/B2 visa to the States successfully just using the reason of the interview with the Canadian Embassy??

Have done a lot of research, but still have no idea what I shall do… really worried… so help, plz!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Goggle said:
Hello, everyone! Luckily found this website when I searched online for my coming interview. Any comments or suggestion for the following Qs will be highly appreciated!!

Application sent in Dec 05 to Buffalo, skilled worker, an interview scheduled in March 07 in New York, the latest confirmation date is Jan 30… but I am not in the States currently, and neither can I get a US visa interview before Jan 30.

1. Can I ask for a reschedule directly without a refusal letter from the US Embassy?

2. If reschedule is approved, what would be the next available interview time in New York Office?

3. If reschedule is approved, but I still cannot get a US visa, can I ask for a file transfer then? Or I can only choose one between “reschedule” and “file transfer”?

4. If I cannot enter the States finally, and also cannot have my filed transferred, will they make a decision based on the paper documents or reject my application directly b/c of my absence?

5. Has anybody ever got a B1/B2 visa to the States successfully just using the reason of the interview with the Canadian Embassy??

Have done a lot of research, but still have no idea what I shall do… really worried… so help, plz!
1, You can request a new date, but NY may not grant it.
2. It is most likely that they won't transfer file, and will make their decision with the information on file, which in most cases results in a refusal.
3. Most forums warn applicants to Buffalo, that if they don't have a US visa, then the chances of getting one to attend Immigration interview is pretty close to nil.

Goggle

Jan 19, 2007
Dear PMM,

Thanks for your valuable information! I have made up my mind to attend the interview in March anyway, while still try to request a new date in order to get more time for my U.S. visa. Here, three more Qs:

1. If my case is refused b/c of my absence this time, would it have any bad impact if I reapply in my home country?

2. It is always said that absence MAY result a refusal. Do you have any knowledge that anyone whose application got approved without attending an interview? (Of course, with some other supporting doc.s) I used to work in the States under a working visa, so I submitted my application to Buffalo, but I went back to my home country due to an emergent family matter which I cannot control. Are these helpful?

3. When I search online, I found there is another famous person called Mr. Miller in another forum. I am wondering are you guys associated with same firm/institution? Do you provide legal advice for immigration case or you just give some free advice online?

Thanks...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Goggle said:
Dear PMM,

Thanks for your valuable information! I have made up my mind to attend the interview in March anyway, while still try to request a new date in order to get more time for my U.S. visa. Here, three more Qs:

1. If my case is refused b/c of my absence this time, would it have any bad impact if I reapply in my home country?

If it is refused, you could apply in your home country, but you would have to overcome the reason for the refusal. I hope you have ordered your CAIPS notes (caips.ca or caipsnotes.com) to determine why the interview is required.

2. It is always said that absence MAY result a refusal. Do you have any knowledge that anyone whose application got approved without attending an interview? (Of course, with some other supporting doc.s) I used to work in the States under a working visa, so I submitted my application to Buffalo, but I went back to my home country due to an emergent family matter which I cannot control. Are these helpful?

No personal knowledge of anyone who failed to attend interview and was approved anyway.

3. When I search online, I found there is another famous person called Mr. Miller in another forum. I am wondering are you guys associated with same firm/institution? Do you provide legal advice for immigration case or you just give some free advice online?

Thanks...

No, I'm not associated with Andrew, and I only give free advice on line. The owner of this site David Cohen is an Immigration lawyer for your information.
PMM

Goggle

Jan 19, 2007
Thanks for the reply.

I have asked for a reschedule and all of the supporting docs have been sent long time ago, but there is no response at all. Will they give me an acknowlegement or sth. like that? At least, I have to know whether they will grant a reschedule...

I got my CAIPS file last week, which is also another nightmare. There is no page of "assessment summary" at all. The information in this file is just a daily record for the reviewing on my application, mainly with regard to the language test thing, and nothing else, very weird...

Is there any possibility that some pages of my CAIPS are missing during
this request? Can I request again? Any bad impact on my application if a
second request is sent?

Since there is no indication for an interview requested, can I say this is a
good sign that my interview is just called for randomly?

Any comments from persons who have similar experience will be highly appreciated!!!!!! Thank you in advance! Have a nice day!!

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi google

about the CAIPS you should order the very basic package, CAIPS offers other packages that includes a very detailed (human language) report but of course it is a little bite expensive. but at least you have a report that tells you what does it mean every bullet from your CAIPS report

So I guess we have to request a CAIPS for Dummies (I am one of them)

Cheers
Eduardo

Goggle

Jan 19, 2007
Thanks for the reply. Yes, you are right. I also thought I might need the interpretation for my CAIPS file at very beginning. But after a thorough reading, I found there is basically nothing useful to me, and the information contained there is mainly in plain English, just a daily record, no comments or notes at all. And there is no "assessment summary" page neither, which is the key ingredient of a CAIPS file...

Anybody knows what is going on with my CAIPS file? Can I request again?

Thank youuuuuuuuu!!