Med's Done....
15/01/2011
Interview........
25/08/2010
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
im a Canadian sponsoring my wife in haiphong Vietnam my case has been about 8 months now and i just recieve all of my evidence back from singapore and a letter saying that my wife need to be interview. im currently with her for the upcoming interview so my question is how long before they will contact me and provide me with a date of the interview?

stephjing

Nov 10, 2009
I have the same question, just saw an update and my wife is in queue for an interview but no date scheduled yet. How long it usually takes? our VO is Beijing. My wife lives in Wuhan, far from Beijing, will they ask her to go to Beijing for the interview? I saw some cases where visas were issued right after the interview, same day, it would be good to know in advance, that way my wife could fly to Beijing and leave for Canada from there...

freak

Dec 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just out of curiosity, why would they request ur wife's passport first and the schedule an interview for her next? this does not make much sense to me actually. plus, do u have to attend the interview alone or it's just going to be her alone?

stephjing

Nov 10, 2009
I don't understand it either, now that they have her PP, how the heck will she fly to Beijing? I heard Chinese people need their PP to fly inland... I'm confused.. The request for the interview isn't on CIC yet, it was updated on Beijng Embassy PR status website today, and they received her PP yesterday. It just says, Code 2: In queue for interview, not yet scheduled.

are they supposed to request additional documents prior to the interview?

as for me, I live in Moncton so hopefully I won't need to go to that interview hehe

freak

Dec 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stephjing said:
I don't understand it either, now that they have her PP, how the heck will she fly to Beijing? I heard Chinese people need their PP to fly inland... I'm confused.. The request for the interview isn't on CIC yet, it was updated on Beijng Embassy PR status website today, and they received her PP yesterday. It just says, Code 2: In queue for interview, not yet scheduled.

are they supposed to request additional documents prior to the interview?

as for me, I live in Moncton so hopefully I won't need to go to that interview hehe
i have absolutely no idea cus, as u may see, im still in earlier stage. and chinese citizens do need their chinese pp to come back in china by air, at least. i didnt know they have a pr status online at beijng as well. how do they co-habit :) with the cic one btw. im confused.

stephjing

Nov 10, 2009
My wife received an immigration file number with the AOR, we can log in and see progress here:

http://geo.international.gc.ca/asia/china/immigration/beijing/internet-case-status-request-en.aspx?lang_update=1

I suppose they send updates to CIC once a week so probably next monday we'll see the interview request on it. and I guess Beijing will have to send back her passport...

I'm not worried about the interview, I think of it as positive, but what I'm worried is when..... I was hopeful she'll be here for Christmas but now chances are slims

freak

Dec 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
true that. but i guess right now u need to get ur wife all prepared for the interview and hope she'll have no trouble in getting the visa on that day. good luck and keep us updated.

stephjing

Nov 10, 2009
thanks! but I'm not worried about the interview, my wife will be fine, she's an english teacher so language won't be a barrier. And our relationship can't be proved more genuine than the proofs we sent with the application. so the interview might just be a formality, to test her english, or ask updates on us,, anything is possible... from what I've read, Beijing is one of the fastest visa-offices so things might move in the near future,, the Beijing website updates daily, not weekly like CIC. ;o)

Ha Nguyen

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
File Transfer...
Mar-2017
thinh99 said:
im a Canadian sponsoring my wife in haiphong Vietnam my case has been about 8 months now and i just recieve all of my evidence back from singapore and a letter saying that my wife need to be interview. im currently with her for the upcoming interview so my question is how long before they will contact me and provide me with a date of the interview?
Hi Thinh99,
I am Vietnamese studying in US, my husband is Canadian. we got the letter required the interview on Nov 3 and then we got the letter scheduled our interview one week after the previous letter. they scheduled for me to have interview on next Feb 2010. 3 more months from the letter sent. I am living in California, but i have to flight to New York, Buffalo to attend the interview, and my husband will be with me there, too. It's a very hard time for me.
Good luck! keep me post!

freak

Dec 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stephen, now im in the same spot as ur wife. and whats worse, i need to travel back to china for the interview. has ur wifes appointment been confirmed yet, if yes, which date?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
thinh99 said:
it can take from a month up to a few months - it depends how busy their office is.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
freak said:
just out of curiosity, why would they request ur wife's passport first and the schedule an interview for her next? this does not make much sense to me actually. plus, do u have to attend the interview alone or it's just going to be her alone?
both of you can attend the interview, it mostly depends on the immigration officer. it might be the way office works - they ask for passport first, then schedule the interview. many offices act like this.