+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview Request

Agman

Jan 5, 2019
You are wrong.

There has been numerous people who have went to an interview with this generic request and its a mere formality.

If it was a relationship inteview the person would have been advised that they need to bring proof of relationship which they were not asked to do.

At this interview the Visa officer will ask informal questions to the PA such as what do you plan to do in Canada where you land etc it is not an in depth interview where they doubt the genuineness of the relationship because if they did the letter would be worded much differently and they would have been clear and ask for proof.

But if you think otherwise that is cool.

I never said it was not an interview just that is is not your typical relationship interview.

They do not interview outland applicants unless there is a strong doubt on the relationship or the integrity of the applicant. This is NOT a standard for outland applications.

Reactions: msb

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree with this not a relationship interview but better to be prepared than not

You are wrong.

There has been numerous people who have went to an interview with this generic request and its a mere formality.

If it was a relationship inteview the person would have been advised that they need to bring proof of relationship which they were not asked to do.

At this interview the Visa officer will ask informal questions to the PA such as what do you plan to do in Canada where you land etc it is not an in depth interview where they doubt the genuineness of the relationship because if they did the letter would be worded much differently and they would have been clear and ask for proof.

I never said it was not an interview just that is is not your typical relationship interview.

Reactions: msb

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
You are wrong.

The letter specifically asked OP to bring the below:

Please also bring any evidence not already on file that you wish to provide in support of your relationship or any change in your personal circumstances."

Just because it isn’t a long letter detailing all documents she needs to bring does not mean it isnt. I have seen this type of letter at least 3 times in my work in an immigration law firm (yes very little number but that is because outland relationship interviews are rare) and they ALL turned out to be relationship interviews.

Why would the visa officer ask what the PA will do in Canada? Isn’t it obvious it is to live with the spouse? I will agree to disagree with you and wish this OP well.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are wrong.

What about me? What you think? I'm inland though

Interview letter:

This is in response to the application forpermanent residence that you submitted
in Canada under the category of spouses or common-law partners in Canada.
The decision, whether you meet the mandatory conditions, can be taken
only after an interview for control purposes. This is intended to
Date: April 11 ,2019
Time: 7:45 am

Please ensure that your respondent comes to the interview with you as it may be necessary to interview them.
Please note that if you believe you will need the services of an accredited interpreter, it is your responsibility to find and hire this interpreter, and to make sure that he / she will attend the interview with you.
During the interview, you must bring:
• A valid passport, ID or travel document;
• Documentation that indicates joint participation in sports, cultural, social or other activities, exchanged cards or gifts, photos, wills and / or insurance contracts.
• Rental lease for all addresses where you lived with your spouse.
• Documentation demonstrating that you and your spouse share the same address (bills for electricity, credit card, cell phone bills, etc.);
• Original marriage certificate and any other information / documentation you wish to consider in support of your application.
• Your tax return for the time you cohabit.
• Letters from your employers

It is not necessary to bring documents that you have already provided.

IS THIS RELATIONSHIP INTERVIEW OR QA INTERVIEW OR SOMETHING ELSE? Please help

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Please also bring any evidence not already on file that you wish to provide in support of your relationship or any change in your personal circumstances."

Just because it isn’t a long letter detailing all documents she needs to bring does not mean it isnt. I have seen this type of letter at least 3 times in my work in an immigration law firm (yes very little number but that is because outland relationship interviews are rare) and they ALL turned out to be relationship interviews.

Why would the visa officer ask what the PA will do in Canada? Isn’t it obvious it is to live with the spouse? I will agree to disagree with you and wish this OP well.
Have you seen my letter (posted above)?

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Have you seen my letter (posted above)?

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
What about me? What you think? I'm inland though

Interview letter:

This is in response to the application forpermanent residence that you submitted
in Canada under the category of spouses or common-law partners in Canada.
The decision, whether you meet the mandatory conditions, can be taken
only after an interview for control purposes. This is intended to
Date: April 11 ,2019
Time: 7:45 am

Please ensure that your respondent comes to the interview with you as it may be necessary to interview them.
Please note that if you believe you will need the services of an accredited interpreter, it is your responsibility to find and hire this interpreter, and to make sure that he / she will attend the interview with you.
During the interview, you must bring:
• A valid passport, ID or travel document;
• Documentation that indicates joint participation in sports, cultural, social or other activities, exchanged cards or gifts, photos, wills and / or insurance contracts.
• Rental lease for all addresses where you lived with your spouse.
• Documentation demonstrating that you and your spouse share the same address (bills for electricity, credit card, cell phone bills, etc.);
• Original marriage certificate and any other information / documentation you wish to consider in support of your application.
• Your tax return for the time you cohabit.
• Letters from your employers

It is not necessary to bring documents that you have already provided.

IS THIS RELATIONSHIP INTERVIEW OR QA INTERVIEW OR SOMETHING ELSE? Please help
You have been posting this over and over again in multiple threads for over a week now.

They clearly requested relationship proof and this is clearly a relationship interview. There's nothing ambiguous about your interview email - they listed several different examples of relationship proof they want you to bring, including anything else they didn't mention but you think might help your application.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
It is probably just to ensure that during the long time away from each other, you maintained contact. That’s what I noticed with the others. They know distance puts a strain on relationships. So just bring proof of correspondence, any plane tickets if you visited your spouse, etc. Don’t see why it will not work so long as relationship is still intact.

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
Likewise. Btw does anyone know how long a medical can be extended to? Our medical is 20 months old and the VO said a new one isn't needed it can be extended.