Med's Done....
October 21-2013
Interview........
December 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 18, 2015
LANDED..........
April 26, 2015
Hi, we received an email yesterday requesting an interview. The date is 3 weeks from now, in Hong Kong.

The majority of the email gives generic instructions of what to bring (just about everything), but there is a paragraph which states...

" It is not necessary to bring documents that are not applicable to your application or that you have already submitted with the original application"

I'm guessing all they will require is her passport, since there is no specific request for a certain document?

On another note, I am no longer able to log into ECAS with my UCI number. I can only check ECAS with her UCI number or our Immigration file number. Our application never went beyond application received.

Bulk of email below....

DOCUMENTS TO BRING TO INTERVIEW:

> Original individual passports for yourself and each family member included in the application (if applicable), regardless of age;

> Notice of Assessment for sponsor ######### : A copy of the Canadian Revenue Agency Notice of tax assessment 2009-2013 Option C assessment from Revenue Canada Agency required.

You must also bring originals or certified true copies of the following documents for each person included in your application together with certified translations into English or French; documents not accompanied by a certified translation into English or French will not be accepted. It is not necessary to bring documents that are not applicable to your application or that you have already submitted with the original application:

> Documentary evidence that establishes your relationship to your sponsor and each of your dependants' relationship to you – Hospital issued birth certificate(s), death certificate(s), marriage certificate(s), and/or divorce document(s) such as court judgement, petition, divorce certificate, annulment or legal separation court orders for you and/or your sponsor;

> Family household register(s) “HUKOU BU” of all family members. (PRC and Taiwan applicants).

> If sponsored by your husband, wife, common-law or conjugal partner, bring your engagement and wedding photographs and wedding invitation cards, if available. Also bring evidence of support and communication with your sponsor, e.g. letters, telephone bills, money transfers, etc. Telephone calling cards are not acceptable proof of communication.

> If sponsored by your husband, wife, common-law or conjugal partner, bring copies of all pages of former and current passports for your Sponsor showing visits. Also bring air tickets/boarding cards.

> If sponsored by your husband, wife, common-law or conjugal partner, bring documentary evidence for your sponsor demonstrating he/she is financially able to support you and any accompanying family members. This could include: Notice of Income assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency, T4s, pay slips, original employment reference letters, etc.

> In the case of dependent students older than 21, complete transcripts for every semester since the age of 21 and certified copies of post secondary diplomas and/or degrees completed. Letters from the institution attesting to continuous enrollment are NOT sufficient.

> Custody order for any dependants under the age of 18 from any previous relationships.

> Original adoption certificate issued by the District Court of Hong Kong / the People’s Government of the Civil Administration for any person on the application who has been adopted as well as all evidence of contact from the adoptive parent(s), e.g., cards / letters, photographs, telephone bills.

M

mikeymyke

I don't understand why they're asking for interview if you guys are together for 6 years. Do you guys have any major red flags?

abbybc

Nov 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12-2014
Doc's Request.
December 2, 2014
AOR Received.
April 14-2014
File Transfer...
April 15-2014
Med's Request
December 2, 2014
Med's Done....
October 21-2013
Interview........
December 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 18, 2015
LANDED..........
April 26, 2015
Hey mikeymyke,

None in my case.

Nothing I thought that would be considered major, in her case. Possible concerns were that her surname name was misspelled on her original birth certificate. (She has used the misspelled name her entire life (44 years) on her School Documents, DL, Passport) and we explained the error to Immigration when we filed.

She was married, then annulled (All documentation went in with the application).

She had a daughter with her ex. The daughter died at 6 month. No other children.

Really can't think of anything else?

She is nervous about being called in, so I will go to Macau and then to the interview with her in Hong Kong. If there is any question as to our marriage being one of convenience, surely my going to be with her may convince them otherwise?

I just don't understand at this point, after 6 years.

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Abbybc ,

I believed when there are red flag(s) CIC requests a lot of evidences.

1. When did you migrate to Canada and under what category?
2. Did you marry this lady before you migrated to Canada? If so, this will constitute a misrepresentation.
3. Has any of your supporting document(s) ever been altered one way or the other?
4. If there are miss-spellings of names, your wife should have requested an affidavit from court to correct this or backed it up by
court documentation(s).

Flowing from above, apply all this to you case and get ready to proof to the VO your validity of the documentations.

All the Best,

POLICAP

abbybc

Nov 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12-2014
Doc's Request.
December 2, 2014
AOR Received.
April 14-2014
File Transfer...
April 15-2014
Med's Request
December 2, 2014
Med's Done....
October 21-2013
Interview........
December 2, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 18, 2015
LANDED..........
April 26, 2015
Just to update.

Back from Hong Kong this evening. My wife's interview on December 2nd went well. The majority of concern from the interviewing officer was regarding her first and only child who passed away at 6 months (18 years ago), my wife's annulment, my divorce, the timing of our engagement, why it had taken so long to file the application since first chatting in 2008 and why no visits since our marriage in 2013.

My wife spent over an hour with the officer answering questions. I was asked in for 10 minutes to confirm what my wife had told the officer.

At the end the officer was convinced the relationship was genuine and that a visa would be forthcoming as long as my wife provided birth / death certificates for her deceased daughter, a new medical and criminal records checks (Philippines and Macau), before January 1, 2015.

Not a lot of time given my wife is in Macau, her medical is in Hong Kong and all other documents need to be obtained in the Philippines.

I think we can manage everything before then, but it won't be easy since there are so many vacation days from now until Jan. 1.

Regardless, I'm glad I went to HK for the interview and happy about the outcome.