Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
We have seen a pattern with the 2017 New Delhi Visa Office applicants that those who have been called for an interview have had their background status prior to the interview say “Application in Progress” rather than Not Applicable. They have said that their statuses never changed to NA ever. Is this a pattern for those who have been called for an interview to NDVO/ or any other visa offices? Applicants who have had interviews this year- please feel free to leave a comment validating/ refuting this pattern with what your background status said prior to the interview!

Last edited:

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
We have seen a pattern with the 2017 New Delhi Visa Office applicants that those who have been called for an interview have had their background status prior to the interview say “Application in Progress” rather than Not Applicable. They have said that their statuses never changed to NA ever. Is this a pattern for those who have been called for an interview to NDVO/ or any other visa offices? Applicants who have had interviews this year- please feel free to leave a comment validating/ refuting this pattern with what your background status said prior to the interview!
That is interesting, I wonder if Mexico VO applicants have been noticing a similar trend. There are a few on this forum who have had "we are processing your background check" for months, and then have been informed they are in queue for an interview. The one that comes to mind is @majesty who may know of others I'm this position.

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
That is interesting, I wonder if Mexico VO applicants have been noticing a similar trend. There are a few on this forum who have had "we are processing your background check" for months, and then have been informed they are in queue for an interview. The one that comes to mind is @majesty who may know of others I'm this position.
with the NDVO applicants what we have noticed is it never changes to NA ever and usually stays as "application is in progress" rather than "we are processing your background check"- for us that usually happens after the interview! anyway, it's very interesting and if more people validated this, then we could be onto something! LOL!

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
with the NDVO applicants what we have noticed is it never changes to NA ever and usually stays as "application is in progress" rather than "we are processing your background check"- for us that usually happens after the interview! anyway, it's very interesting and if more people validated this, then we could be onto something! LOL!
Oh, I see! We sure become super sleuths during this process hey?! Lol I'll be interested to see what you learn.

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
Oh, I see! We sure become super sleuths during this process hey?! Lol I'll be interested to see what you learn.
HAH sure thing- i've started developing theories now LOL! this process has made us lunatic! It could definitely be helpful if we see more people with similar pattern though!

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
So for the people not in the queue for an interview, when did the status change from processing to NA? Roughly how many days after aor2?

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
So for the people not in the queue for an interview, when did the status change from processing to NA? Roughly how many days after aor2?
not sure about that... what is noticeable is that those who have been interviewed have never had their background check to be NA prior to the interview.

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
My background check went from we are processing your application to NA this weekend. This is the second time I seen NA. The first time was very early in the process. We applied in June. What is the theory on my file. I'm the only one so far hearing of this in my VO which is Kingston Jamaica.

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
My background check went from we are processing your application to NA this weekend. This is the second time I seen NA. The first time was very early in the process. We applied in June. What is the theory on my file. I'm the only one so far hearing of this in my VO which is Kingston Jamaica.
lol i don't have theory on all of this lol- what my theory is on is clearly stated in my first post. if it applies- especially with people who've had interviews at NDVO- please let us know. It would be of great insight!

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
any applicants who have had NA in your background check status been called for an interview?

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
any applicants who have had NA in your background check status been called for an interview?
I'm curious if you received any responses to the above question or if you have heard anything more on your theory. The reason I'm asking is the background check on MyCIC account just changed to not applicable. The file has not been transferred yet to NDVO. I'm curious if this might mean something down the road (I know I have a long ways to go yet), such as the agent in Mississauga might be recommending approval pending security and background checks before the file is transferred. If that were to be the case then it might prove your theory as if it is recommended and nothing comes out of the security/background check then no interview would be needed/required. I know I'm reaching for something positive. <LOL>

Surrey2014

Jun 23, 2017
I linked my mother in law application online on Aug 4/17. From that time, her background check was we are processing your background check but in last week of December it was changed to Not applicable. I sent them an email around Dec 6 to notify that she is in India ( was here on Super Visa) and asked if they can send formal request for fingerprints if it is still required and requested to process her application as Medical is expiring in March 2018. ( It was written on her GCMS notes that Fingerprints are required from April 2017 but there was no info that they have sent any email regarding that). Not sure what is the next step. On GC key it still says we do not need fingerprints and interview not required.

sp121212

Apr 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
May 24, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 21, 2017
AOR Received.
June 28, 2017
File Transfer...
Aug 2, 2017
Med's Request
June 30, 2017
Med's Done....
July 10, 2017
Passport Req..
28-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2018
I'm curious if you received any responses to the above question or if you have heard anything more on your theory. The reason I'm asking is the background check on MyCIC account just changed to not applicable. The file has not been transferred yet to NDVO. I'm curious if this might mean something down the road (I know I have a long ways to go yet), such as the agent in Mississauga might be recommending approval pending security and background checks before the file is transferred. If that were to be the case then it might prove your theory as if it is recommended and nothing comes out of the security/background check then no interview would be needed/required. I know I'm reaching for something positive. <LOL>
i have not really gone through the theory this past few weeks, but looking at previous people who got interviews, one thing so far is that none of them had a "NA" in their background check status. So I am guessing if we have a NA, that is good in terms of not getting an interview at NDVO.. i mean this is so far so true kind of theory, if there are people who've had NA and yet had an interview, then the theory would def be disputed.. but so far so true :) haha! let's see.
by the way have you submitted your SA/PCC's and medical yet?

Last edited:

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
i have not really gone through the theory this past few weeks, but looking at previous people who got interviews, one thing so far is that none of them had a "NA" in their background check status. So I am guessing if we have a NA, that is good in terms of not getting an interview at NDVO.. i mean this is so far so true kind of theory, if there are people who've had NA and yet had an interview, then the theory would def be disputed.. but so far so true :) haha! let's see.
by the way have you submitted your SA/PCC's and medical yet?
My husband has submitted the Schedule A and PCC and passed his medical. My application was received in October, as I said I know I have a ways to go. I'm still waiting for the email to tell me the file was transferred to NDVO. I assume that should come shortly and then the waiting begins :)

Right now I'm counting the days until I go to India in early February.

Reactions: sp121212