+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview Questions asked by the officer?

Chai_to_Double-double

Nov 22, 2017
Hi,
For those who have done the test, Can you help others by telling as to what questions are asked in the interview, While they check your passport ?

Easy or tricky, mention all.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi,
For those who have done the test, Can you help others by telling as to what questions are asked in the interview, While they check your passport ?

Easy or tricky, mention all.
Questions they ask during the interview are related to your personal life, trips/travels etc, not the knowledge about Canada. Can't imagine how those could be tricky, unless of course you're impersonating someone.

Reactions: qorax
Feb 15, 2018
Questions they ask during the interview are related to your personal life, trips/travels etc, not the knowledge about Canada. Can't imagine how those could be tricky, unless of course you're impersonating someone.
In my case, the Officer asked me if I lived at the same address as stated on the Application.

Finally, she asked me if I had filed taxes (again as noted on the Application). Was sooo tempted to say "Madaaam, there is a better chance of me getting away with robbing a back, than not paying taxes!"...glad I didn't say such a thing !!

At any rate, be truthful, be nice and don't forget to say "Thank You" at the end. If you can throw in a "sorry" and/or an "eh", so much the better. Good Luck.

cedros123

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
If you have lot of travel, be ready to explain each trip, check all stamps on your passport, I had so many trips,didn't review them all before the interview and I had some difficulty to remember and explain some trips and why I did have some missing Canadian stamps in my passport (I'm using Nexus) so be ready for these questions.
Hopefully I had the CBSA list of entries history with me, and the officer kept it and I think that resolved the situation.
Other questions are, when did you become PR ? When did you move to Canada ? Work ? etc.
Take a confirmation of employment, T4, CBSA history, i94 history for US trips etc just in case.