+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview Letter: November 2017 Inland common-law

schweiz19

Feb 15, 2018
Hi! I badly need your idea. I am so worried because finally I got an update with my inland commonlaw application. We sent it last November 2017. I already received an update last October 30,2018. I guess the email does not look/sound good because me and my partner are scheduled for interview this coming November 28,2018. Do you think this is a bad sign? If Cic is not satisfied with my application, why did they not ask for more proof?
This is CIC’s email:

Dear applicant:
In order to continue processing your application for permanent residence in Canada, you and the following person are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:
Date/Time-******

PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION/DOCUMENTS TO YOUR INTERVIEW:
 This Invitation letter
 Valid passports, identity or travel documents; if you were previously advised that you
are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring the waiver letter and other
documents establishing your identity
 Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being
processed for permanent residence inside Canada. Please show the specifications
attached to this letter to the photographer
 Original driver’s license and Alberta Health Care card from both
 Original marriage certificate and translation if required
 Original Full divorce decree documents (if either you or your spouse have been
previously married)
 Birth certificate (long format) for any children you may have with your spouse or from
any other relationship
 Letters from employers for you and your spouse indicating nature of employment, salary
and length of time employed. (If self-employed, a statement of income from your
bookkeeper or accountant)
 Copy of pay stubs for you and your spouse for the past 6 months. If either of you are on
social assistance, pay statement from social services
 Copy of you and your spouse’s income tax returns filed from 2016 and 2017, including
T1 and Notice of Assessment. If you have any year missing, you must obtain it from the Canada Revenue Agency.
 Lease or Rental contract of all residences you and your spouse resided since January 2015
 Letter of confirmation of residence from management of current rental building. The letter must be on company letterhead
 Copy of home ownership (purchase agreement, deed, mortgage agreement, etc.) if you own your home
 Copy of phone/electricity/cable/internet and other utility bills of the last 12 months
 Original auto insurance statement for 2016 and 2017 from both you and your spouse
 Confirmation from the financial institution where you hold a joint bank account including
information of when the account was opened. The most recent 12 months statements of
your joint bank accounts or other investment account
 Documentary evidence of any other financial commitment such as RRSP, life insurance
(statement of premium paid must be provided) or employer provided benefit plans (must be a copy printed from the official company benefit site. Hand-filled copy is not acceptable)
 Family photo album
 If you have been charged or convicted in Canada or abroad with any offence, please
bring with you the police charge record and the Court disposition
 Temporary Resident document issued by CIC (Work Permit, Student Permit, Visitor
Record)
 Any other information and documentation you wish to be considered.
 Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/fees/schedule.asp#1

Those documents that they asked us to bring during the interview are exactly the same documents we submitted last year. How come they are not asking for the latest one? How come they need me to pay for the RFPF?
Is this a relationship interview?
Is this a bad sign?

Please advise.
Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
why are you worried.....if they wanted to refuse your application they will have long done so......if asked be prepared to describe your relationship just as was stated in your application.....you were not asked for additional proof...they may just want some clarification and don't be surprise it may lead to landing interview......relax.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
This is a little more than a landing interview. They may want to ask some questions about your relationship, but I think at this point that if they intended to reject, they may have send you a procedural fairness letter. This may also just be an extended landing interview! You could be finished already.

Bring the documents they're asking for, even if you've submitted some of them. Pay close attention to some of the details, such as multiple-year document requests. But don't stress out too much at this point.

My understanding was that inland applications receive an interview request at a considerably higher frequency than outland. So don't stress too too much.

mace0319

Dec 6, 2018
Hi. how long was your interview. did you have a separate interview? did you get your COPR on the same day?

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Hi! I badly need your idea. I am so worried because finally I got an update with my inland commonlaw application. We sent it last November 2017. I already received an update last October 30,2018. I guess the email does not look/sound good because me and my partner are scheduled for interview this coming November 28,2018. Do you think this is a bad sign? If Cic is not satisfied with my application, why did they not ask for more proof?
This is CIC’s email:

Dear applicant:
In order to continue processing your application for permanent residence in Canada, you and the following person are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:
Date/Time-******

PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION/DOCUMENTS TO YOUR INTERVIEW:
 This Invitation letter
 Valid passports, identity or travel documents; if you were previously advised that you
are exempt from the travel document requirement, bring the waiver letter and other
documents establishing your identity
 Two photographs of yourself and for each person in your family that is being
processed for permanent residence inside Canada. Please show the specifications
attached to this letter to the photographer
 Original driver’s license and Alberta Health Care card from both
 Original marriage certificate and translation if required
 Original Full divorce decree documents (if either you or your spouse have been
previously married)
 Birth certificate (long format) for any children you may have with your spouse or from
any other relationship
 Letters from employers for you and your spouse indicating nature of employment, salary
and length of time employed. (If self-employed, a statement of income from your
bookkeeper or accountant)
 Copy of pay stubs for you and your spouse for the past 6 months. If either of you are on
social assistance, pay statement from social services
 Copy of you and your spouse’s income tax returns filed from 2016 and 2017, including
T1 and Notice of Assessment. If you have any year missing, you must obtain it from the Canada Revenue Agency.
 Lease or Rental contract of all residences you and your spouse resided since January 2015
 Letter of confirmation of residence from management of current rental building. The letter must be on company letterhead
 Copy of home ownership (purchase agreement, deed, mortgage agreement, etc.) if you own your home
 Copy of phone/electricity/cable/internet and other utility bills of the last 12 months
 Original auto insurance statement for 2016 and 2017 from both you and your spouse
 Confirmation from the financial institution where you hold a joint bank account including
information of when the account was opened. The most recent 12 months statements of
your joint bank accounts or other investment account
 Documentary evidence of any other financial commitment such as RRSP, life insurance
(statement of premium paid must be provided) or employer provided benefit plans (must be a copy printed from the official company benefit site. Hand-filled copy is not acceptable)
 Family photo album
 If you have been charged or convicted in Canada or abroad with any offence, please
bring with you the police charge record and the Court disposition
 Temporary Resident document issued by CIC (Work Permit, Student Permit, Visitor
Record)
 Any other information and documentation you wish to be considered.
 Proof of Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/fees/schedule.asp#1

Those documents that they asked us to bring during the interview are exactly the same documents we submitted last year. How come they are not asking for the latest one? How come they need me to pay for the RFPF?
Is this a relationship interview?
Is this a bad sign?

Please advise.
Thank you so much.
Hi can you tell what’s he outcome on your relationship interview? Any update on your application?