+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview for Spouse open work permit application

cvw123

Jan 21, 2019
Hi All,

I have posted my queries on few threads but couldn't find a clear cut answers. Here is my situation:

My wife is a student in Canada and we applied for SOWP on 1st February 2019. Last week I got to know that I need to give an interview for this which is scheduled for next month. Interview letter states as below:
" Bring all required documentation with you to your interview including marriage photos depicting all ceremonies, post marriage photographs, proof of ongoing communication, status of inviter in canada, proof of ongoing education of inviter in Canada."

Now queries are as below:
1. Can I take all the above documents as a soft copy (mobile or pen drive) or do I have to take the photocopies of the documents?
2. Would they ask for future plans to make sure that I will come back to my home country after my visa validity?
3. How tough the interview would be?
4. I suppose they just wanted to ascertain the genuinity of the marriage.
5. If the documents needed to be in printed format , our communication is only via wats app...So if I take the print out of the entire chat history...it would be more than thousand pages...So do i have take only recent chats or do have to record the entire chats from the time we started our relationship?

I just wanted to make sure that I may not make any mistakes for this interview. I have enquired many people and didn't came across anybody who gave such interviews. I guess there are only very few applicants who are called for the interview for SOWP application.

Request anybody in this forum who had gone through such interviews can share the experiences so that It can benefit me and anyone who will be facing such scenario in future.

Thanks in advance.

cvw123

Jan 21, 2019
Anybody from this forum who can give me an expert advise on the above query....

Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Anybody from this forum who can give me an expert advise on the above query....

Thanks in advance
Interviews for SOWPs are extremely rare which is likely why no one has responded.

1) All evidence must be printed (hard copy).
2) I don't know.
3) I don't know.
4) Yes - it sounds like they want to confirm the relationship is genuine.
5) Yes - you need to print this evidence. Do not print everything. I would print examples of old and new chats.

Reactions: cvw123

cvw123

Jan 21, 2019
Interviews for SOWPs are extremely rare which is likely why no one has responded.

1) All evidence must be printed (hard copy).
2) I don't know.
3) I don't know.
4) Yes - it sounds like they want to confirm the relationship is genuine.
5) Yes - you need to print this evidence. Do not print everything. I would print examples of old and new chats.
@scylla Thank you very much for the reply...Yes interview for SOWP is very rare...Let me once complete the interview and definitely share my experience here..so that it could be a help for others....

cvw123

Jan 21, 2019
Hello Everyone in this Forum,

As I mentioned above in this thread, My wife is a full time student in Canada and I applied for SOWP. Below is the timeline
Online Application: 2 Feb 2019
Biometrics : 11 Feb 2019
Letter from CIC for the interview : 15 March 2019
Interview : 11 April 2019
PPR request: 11 April 2019
After a long wait finally its approved. I would like to thank god for his mercy.
As interview for SOWP application is very rare I would like to share my experience and hope this may help for the future applicants. I tried to search for my answers before interview but didn;t get any concrete answers. My interview letter said:

" Bring all required documentation with you to your interview including marriage photos depicting all ceremonies, post marriage photographs, proof of ongoing communication, status of inviter in canada, proof of ongoing education of inviter in Canada."

Documents collected: Wedding Album (Both engagement and Wedding), 12 post marriage photographs, Wats app chat history (Initial and latest chats for about 8 months), Call history (Only on wats app- took the screenshots, made collage picture and took a print out), Receipts for the payment done to my wife's account for tution fee, all canadian college documents, etc.

At Canadian embassy, New Delhi:
1. All the electronic medias like mobiles, mobile chargers, Pen drive, hard drive etc. Needs to be submitted at the main gate.
2. The visa officer asked me very general questions like name of the spouse, wedding and engagement dates, exact location my spouse stays in Canada, Name of the college , duration of the study,
3. Documents that was required for the interview- College documents, Wedding Album, post marriage photos, on going communication proof (My wats app chats were approx 100 pages when I was removing that from my folder, the officer didn't really analysed it), all the documents related to my spouse' study and work permit.
4. How may guests were present for the marriage and wanted to see the photograph for the same- I had few pictures in the wedding Album.
5. Why my previous application got rejected.

The interview was very simple if the applicant dont have to hide anything and if the facts mentioned in the applications is correct.

And the best part is that we will get to know about the decision soon after the interview.

Thanks

srilankan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Hello
Hello Everyone in this Forum,

As I mentioned above in this thread, My wife is a full time student in Canada and I applied for SOWP. Below is the timeline
Online Application: 2 Feb 2019
Biometrics : 11 Feb 2019
Letter from CIC for the interview : 15 March 2019
Interview : 11 April 2019
PPR request: 11 April 2019
After a long wait finally its approved. I would like to thank god for his mercy.
As interview for SOWP application is very rare I would like to share my experience and hope this may help for the future applicants. I tried to search for my answers before interview but didn;t get any concrete answers. My interview letter said:

Documents collected: Wedding Album (Both engagement and Wedding), 12 post marriage photographs, Wats app chat history (Initial and latest chats for about 8 months), Call history (Only on wats app- took the screenshots, made collage picture and took a print out), Receipts for the payment done to my wife's account for tution fee, all canadian college documents, etc.

At Canadian embassy, New Delhi:
1. All the electronic medias like mobiles, mobile chargers, Pen drive, hard drive etc. Needs to be submitted at the main gate.
2. The visa officer asked me very general questions like name of the spouse, wedding and engagement dates, exact location my spouse stays in Canada, Name of the college , duration of the study,
3. Documents that was required for the interview- College documents, Wedding Album, post marriage photos, on going communication proof (My wats app chats were approx 100 pages when I was removing that from my folder, the officer didn't really analysed it), all the documents related to my spouse' study and work permit.
4. How may guests were present for the marriage and wanted to see the photograph for the same- I had few pictures in the wedding Album.
5. Why my previous application got rejected.

The interview was very simple if the applicant dont have to hide anything and if the facts mentioned in the applications is correct.

And the best part is that we will get to know about the decision soon after the interview.

Thanks

Thank you very much for this information, my wife too was asked to come for an interview this month. Please if there are any more tips and things to be aware of will be much appreciated, Also what did you mean by the decision soon after the interview? did they tell you-you are approved? also did you have to do medical? By the way my wife is applying from sri lanka

cvw123

Jan 21, 2019
Yes , soon after the interview the visa officer said that that the application is approved.

You need to carry all the documents that are mentioned on the interview letter. No need to worry about the interview. Basic questions will be asked. It is very easy if your information given on the initial application was true.
Please note all the documents should be in printed on paper because electronic media is not allowed.

In my case the medicals was already done.

All the best.

Hello

Thank you very much for this information, my wife too was asked to come for an interview this month. Please if there are any more tips and things to be aware of will be much appreciated, Also what did you mean by the decision soon after the interview? did they tell you-you are approved? also did you have to do medical? By the way my wife is applying from sri lanka

srilankan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Yes , soon after the interview the visa officer said that that the application is approved.

You need to carry all the documents that are mentioned on the interview letter. No need to worry about the interview. Basic questions will be asked. It is very easy if your information given on the initial application was true.
Please note all the documents should be in printed on paper because electronic media is not allowed.

In my case the medicals was already done.

All the best.
Thank you for the quick response. Can you tell me a few questions they asked you if you can recall, please? I would highly appreciate it. I didn't expect my wife to be called for an interview. but I think it might be because we applied soon after getting married and maybe they want to make sure the relationship is genuine.

by the way, the interview letter did not come from CIC account it came as an email from the high commission of Canada.

cvw123

Jan 21, 2019
If it related to your marriage... Take your wedding and engagement album and some post marriage pics, chats etc...basic questions will be asked... nothing like a stress interview...if your marriage is genuine you can easily answer the questions

srilankan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Hey guys,

Just wanted to update you and thank you for the information. my wife went for her interview. It was very brief only took about 10 mins and the interviewer was quiet pleasant and friendly. Mostly they have asked about me.

How we met?
When was the wedding?
Where do i live in Canada?
What is my job?
what do i do in my spare time?

The interviewer had not checked any documents

Soon after that we got the email for medicals and she just submitted that too. Hopefully god willingly we will hear back in a week

cvw123

Jan 21, 2019
Hey guys,

Just wanted to update you and thank you for the information. my wife went for her interview. It was very brief only took about 10 mins and the interviewer was quiet pleasant and friendly. Mostly they have asked about me.

How we met?
When was the wedding?
What is my job?

Soon after that we got the email for medicals and she just submitted that too. Hopefully god willingly we will hear back in a week[/
Hey guys,

How we met?
When was the wedding?
What is my job?

Soon after that we got the email for medicals and she just submitted that too. Hopefully god willingly we will hear back in a week
congrats

srilankan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Hi guys,

My wife got the visa approved today. They uploaded a letter asking for the passport but there was no letter for work permit that we should bring to Canada to obtain the work permit at the point of entry. Do you guys know why or when i will get that letter

cvw123

Jan 21, 2019
Hi guys,

My wife got the visa approved today. They uploaded a letter asking for the passport but there was no letter for work permit that we should bring to Canada to obtain the work permit at the point of entry. Do you guys know why or when i will get that letter
Congrats... now you need to go to vfs for the passport submission with this letter for visa stamping... you will get the original work permit only at the airport in canada