+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview For PR Card Renewal-Residency obligations not met

Siyatovi

Nov 16, 2017
Expert advicr would be most welcomed on this case. I landed in Canada in April 2017 as permanent resident with my wife and 2 children. I have had to return to my home country in October 2010 as my mother was seriously ill. My wife and children stayed in Canada as the children already joined school and we did not want to interupt their education. I stayed mostly with my mother but vidited my family once yearly specially during the festive season. Unfortunately i could not complete the residency obligations at the time my PR Card expired in May 2015. I was about to submit my application for approval of my PR card when i was told that i should be in Canada to apply for renewal. So i arrived in Canada and submitted my application for renewal. Unfortunately i had to rushed back to my home country end July 2015 as my mother was very ill. She eventually passed away in August 2015. After that very sad event I could not return to Canada as my PR Card was no longer valid. I received a notice to appear for an interview in September 2016 and send a letter to CIC stating the reasons why I could not attend. CIC replied and requested that I applied for a PRTD and that my file would be kept open at CIC until April 2017. I applied for the PRTD in December 2016 and by April 2017 did not receive my PRTD. So another letter was sent to CIC requesting to keep my file open. PRTD was received in June 2017 and valid till December 2017. CIC was sent a copy of the PRTD and i requested that a interview be scheduled. So i have my interview next week and would be most grateful for any help, like the type of questions I can expect, hint on the answer that i should give and what coukd be the most probable taking into consideration what i have explained above. I forgot to tell that my wife and children are now Canadian Citizens now. Thanks for your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You will want to bring strong evidence to show why you were unable to meet the residency requirement (i.e. evidence of your mother's illness such as doctor notes, hospitalization records, and her death certificate). You'll also need to have a very good explanation for why you were unable to attend the interview in 2016. I think this is problematic. Hopefully you have strong H&C reasons for that as well that can be supported with evidence.

Siyatovi

Nov 16, 2017
You will want to bring strong evidence to show why you were unable to meet the residency requirement (i.e. evidence of your mother's illness such as doctor notes, hospitalization records, and her death certificate). You'll also need to have a very good explanation for why you were unable to attend the interview in 2016. I think this is problematic. Hopefully you have strong H&C reasons for that as well that can be supported with evidence.
Thank you Scylla. In fact I have all the medical evidence for my mother including her death certificate. I could not attend the 2016 interview because my PR card expired in May 2015, so could not re-enter Canada, after my mother's death. Do you have an idea of the chances for my PR renewal in the actual circumstances.

R

rish888

Thank you Scylla. In fact I have all the medical evidence for my mother including her death certificate. I could not attend the 2016 interview because my PR card expired in May 2015, so could not re-enter Canada, after my mother's death. Do you have an idea of the chances for my PR renewal in the actual circumstances.
Really depends on the officer.

If reported there will be an interview with another officer who decides if you keep PR status or not.

If you are given a Departure Order, (an order terminating your PR status) my recommendation would be to appeal, get spousal sponsorship papers in order, then withdraw your appeal and get a fresh PR based on spousal sponsorship.

Given your reasons seem legitimate on the face of it, you have a chance. However, in H&C cases the chances cannot be quantified. You just need to be as persuading as possible while having credible evidence. Hopefully the officer sees it your way.

Reactions: ibry

MUSTAFACAN

Mar 14, 2011
Expert advicr would be most welcomed on this case. I landed in Canada in April 2017 as permanent resident with my wife and 2 children. I have had to return to my home country in October 2010 as my mother was seriously ill. My wife and children stayed in Canada as the children already joined school and we did not want to interupt their education. I stayed mostly with my mother but vidited my family once yearly specially during the festive season. Unfortunately i could not complete the residency obligations at the time my PR Card expired in May 2015. I was about to submit my application for approval of my PR card when i was told that i should be in Canada to apply for renewal. So i arrived in Canada and submitted my application for renewal. Unfortunately i had to rushed back to my home country end July 2015 as my mother was very ill. She eventually passed away in August 2015. After that very sad event I could not return to Canada as my PR Card was no longer valid. I received a notice to appear for an interview in September 2016 and send a letter to CIC stating the reasons why I could not attend. CIC replied and requested that I applied for a PRTD and that my file would be kept open at CIC until April 2017. I applied for the PRTD in December 2016 and by April 2017 did not receive my PRTD. So another letter was sent to CIC requesting to keep my file open. PRTD was received in June 2017 and valid till December 2017. CIC was sent a copy of the PRTD and i requested that a interview be scheduled. So i have my interview next week and would be most grateful for any help, like the type of questions I can expect, hint on the answer that i should give and what coukd be the most probable taking into consideration what i have explained above. I forgot to tell that my wife and children are now Canadian Citizens now. Thanks for your help.
Hi.

My wife n kids applied for PRTD on humanitarian grounds from India. 2 months over still no response.

Can you please tell from which country you applied for PRTD ?

After you received When did you request for the Interview ? Did you request from home country or from Canada?

Thank You.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
You need to be stronger than that they wil attack u from all angles as they did my parents.

The interview left us all feeling sad and discouraged like there was no hope

Remember to take notice of assesment they want to see u filed taxes too.

If u have siblings in ur country they will bring it up that why didnt ur siblings take care of the mum instead of u.

They want to know if you own properties and investment. or are working back in your country if you are. U are practically screwed

After they tell u. U didnt meet your days and give u a 44)1 report u cnt escape that and ask u to see a manager who will make a final decision

Its a war zone i tell you *sobs* *sobs*

Siyatovi

Nov 16, 2017
Really depends on the officer.

If reported there will be an interview with another officer who decides if you keep PR status or not.

If you are given a Departure Order, (an order terminating your PR status) my recommendation would be to appeal, get spousal sponsorship papers in order, then withdraw your appeal and get a fresh PR based on spousal sponsorship.

Given your reasons seem legitimate on the face of it, you have a chance. However, in H&C cases the chances cannot be quantified. You just need to be as persuading as possible while having credible evidence. Hopefully the officer sees it your way.

Siyatovi

Nov 16, 2017
Hi.

My wife n kids applied for PRTD on humanitarian grounds from India. 2 months over still no response.

Can you please tell from which country you applied for PRTD ?

After you received When did you request for the Interview ? Did you request from home country or from Canada?

Thank You.
I applied through South Africa Visa Office and from my home country

Siyatovi

Nov 16, 2017
You need to be stronger than that they wil attack u from all angles as they did my parents.

The interview left us all feeling sad and discouraged like there was no hope

Remember to take notice of assesment they want to see u filed taxes too.

If u have siblings in ur country they will bring it up that why didnt ur siblings take care of the mum instead of u.

They want to know if you own properties and investment. or are working back in your country if you are. U are practically screwed

After they tell u. U didnt meet your days and give u a 44)1 report u cnt escape that and ask u to see a manager who will make a final decision

Its a war zone i tell you *sobs* *sobs*