+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview for a family after test - together or one-by-one?

akho

Jun 27, 2015
Hi all,

I have a quick question. My wife and I will have a test on September 2nd and we are preparing some additional documents for an interview, just in case.
My question is, how do you normally go through the interview? together as a couple or they call you one after another?

Thank you!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
akho said:
Hi all,

I have a quick question. My wife and I will have a test on September 2nd and we are preparing some additional documents for an interview, just in case.
My question is, how do you normally go through the interview? together as a couple or they call you one after another?

Thank you!
Probably the CIC might have sent a list of Original documents you and your family need to bring for the interview.

From my experience reading on this and other forum, its strongly advisable to carry all original documents besides all passports (Current & Expired), Landing Certificate, Permanent Residency cards, Health Cards.

People may think expired passports are NOT required, if those not produced, it is BIG RED flag. CIC think you are hiding something.

As a precaution, you may carry Canada Revenue Agency's documents - proof of tax file in previous years, utility bills, rental agreement (all the years) / mortgage or certificates from landlord stating the length of stay and children's school reports.

Wish you all the best.

roli001

Jul 29, 2015
Burlington
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akho said:
Hi all,

Thank you!
My son and I went together.

leeneljane

Star Member
May 23, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2009
Med's Done....
June 12, 2010 follow up sent Aug. 21, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 3, sent oct. 7
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec. 28, 2010
The Officer interviewed me and my husband together. But he called my husband first.

BrandonP

May 5, 2015
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Probably the CIC might have sent a list of Original documents you and your family need to bring for the interview.

From my experience reading on this and other forum, its strongly advisable to carry all original documents besides all passports (Current & Expired), Landing Certificate, Permanent Residency cards, Health Cards.

People may think expired passports are NOT required, if those not produced, it is BIG RED flag. CIC think you are hiding something.

As a precaution, you may carry Canada Revenue Agency's documents - proof of tax file in previous years, utility bills, rental agreement (all the years) / mortgage or certificates from landlord stating the length of stay and children's school reports.

Wish you all the best.
What about if you don't have the original document for your degree or transcripts that proves you speak English?

I only had copies, and they were sent. It would be impossible to get these documents before the test and interview.

akho

Jun 27, 2015
Thank you all for your comments. It seems that most likely we will be called together