The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

We just came back from the interview at the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi. The interview itself took 10 minutes. My husband and I were called to enter an interview room and just as we sat down, the immigration officer told us that this interview was just a part of their quality assurance checks. She said that they had picked several applicants randomly and there was nothing wrong with our application.

She first asked to see our passports then proceeded to question us about our job descriptions then asked to look at our degree certificates. She wanted to know if I had done some research about the job market in our field (my husband and I are both physiotherapists) and if we knew about the credentialing process. Her final question was about our decision to immigrate in the first place and why we chose Canada.

After satisfying all her questions, she asked us if we had any questions for her. I asked her how much longer it would take before we finally receive the visas. She said two months after we have sent the RPRF fees. She even checked our status in her computer and said that all background checks have been done and that the only thing missing from our file is the RPRF fee.

So that's it :)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Congrats Trina,

I opine that u should expect to get the visa/s by 1 month max. Why didn't u submit the RPRF? And have u, at least, done that Now?

All the best in your next endeavors !
Qorax.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Congrats Trina,

I opine that u should expect to get the visa/s by 1 month max. Why didn't u submit the RPRF? And have u, at least, done that Now?

All the best in your next endeavors !
Qorax.
I thought Id wait to send the RPRF til after the interview, just in case you know ;)
I'm on my way to send it NOW!

imbubbles

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Nurse/CI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 28, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan. 09, 2010
AOR Received.
March 18, 2010
File Transfer...
March 13, 2010 (June 7 "In Process")
Med's Request
June 02, 2010
Med's Done....
July 02, 2010 (sent July16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 29, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in Vancouver February 2011 (target)
congratulations in advance trina2canada :)

irshad2005

Feb 22, 2010
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
Doc's Request.
18-02-2010
AOR Received.
18-02-2010
File Transfer...
08-03-2010
Congrats.....:)

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trinatocanada said:
Hi guys,

We just came back from the interview at the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi. The interview itself took 10 minutes. My husband and I were called to enter an interview room and just as we sat down, the immigration officer told us that this interview was just a part of their quality assurance checks. She said that they had picked several applicants randomly and there was nothing wrong with our application.

She first asked to see our passports then proceeded to question us about our job descriptions then asked to look at our degree certificates. She wanted to know if I had done some research about the job market in our field (my husband and I are both physiotherapists) and if we knew about the credentialing process. Her final question was about our decision to immigrate in the first place and why we chose Canada.

After satisfying all her questions, she asked us if we had any questions for her. I asked her how much longer it would take before we finally receive the visas. She said two months after we have sent the RPRF fees. She even checked our status in her computer and said that all background checks have been done and that the only thing missing from our file is the RPRF fee.

So that's it :)

It was very simple and great. Many people will get Idea about interview and will feel relax. Hope you send the RPRF fee already. God luck and
Congratulation !!!

amrcom

Feb 24, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/04/2009
Doc's Request.
27/04/2009
AOR Received.
01/5/2009
File Transfer...
10/02/2010
Thanks for sharing & Congrats! ;)

kash0081

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Hi trinatocanada congrats congrats...... So its all done....its only a matter of time now......
Best of luck start preparing for the transformation.....
And also what were your replies to their questions specially the last one.... If you don't mind... Pls
Regards
Kash

AUH Process

Star Member
Feb 11, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2007
trinatocanada said:
Hi guys,

Hey Trina,

We finished our interview in Abu Dhabi today as well, and she told us the exact same thing, only difference when I asked her how long it would take, she said 2 weeks to receive passport request letter since we have already paid the visa fee.

Our interview lasted 20 mins, since she got into a few details about my AEO & job in CA. Also, she didn't request most of the things asked for in the interview form!!....

Congrats to you, and lets hope her verbal assurances convert to a visa soon!! :)

P.S. Trina, did she ask you to fill out and sign the IMM forms infromt of her?

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cheers Trina,
Can you please answer what was your reply as to why you decided Canada???

Siawo

Star Member
Feb 24, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
May 12, 2009
AOR Received.
May 20, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 1, 2010
Med's Done....
Mar 13, 2010
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec 18. 2010
I too am in Abu Dhabi and very nervous of the "interview". Your experience has helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nicholas30 said:
Cheers Trina,
Can you please answer what was your reply as to why you decided Canada???
I have asked myself that question before I started this whole process and what I told her was honest and true from my heart. Here was my reply:

"I understand what you say that if you already have a good job at home, then why go to an unfamiliar land and gamble right? That depends on your own foresight of the future you want.

I, for example, have a very good job in a government insititution here in abu dhabi. Everyone here in the UAE knows that a post in the government is as good as gold. Despite all the rampant racial discrimination, pay is good and we live a fairly comfortable life, being able to enjoy a tax free income.

BUT, and this is a very big BUT (no pun intended)... I cannot see myself retiring from here and then going home to a country with almost no social security. For what am I staying here for? I save and save but for what? To put my kids through school? To be able to build me a mansion back home? To ready myself financially for medical ailments that will eventually come my way in old age? And to discover in the end that all the years of saving was still barely enough?

I have no need for a mansion. I want a life where I do not need to worry about medical bills when I grow old, for me and my family... I want my kids to go to good schools where they will be given fair opportunity and to not go through all the hassle of credentialling etc etc... I want to be able to travel to other countries wherein I do not have to practically beg for a tourist visa... is this dream so hard to ask? Is this future worth flipping burgers for the first few months? Is it worth the gamble to go there and not be able to find a job quickly?

THIS is the reason why I save for now, to finance the gamble that I am more than willing to take. While I am still young and strong with most of my neurons still firing in my brain. It is wise to wait and be prepared... but do not wait too long."

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AUH Process said:
Hey Trina,

We finished our interview in Abu Dhabi today as well, and she told us the exact same thing, only difference when I asked her how long it would take, she said 2 weeks to receive passport request letter since we have already paid the visa fee.

Our interview lasted 20 mins, since she got into a few details about my AEO & job in CA. Also, she didn't request most of the things asked for in the interview form!!....

Congrats to you, and lets hope her verbal assurances convert to a visa soon!! :)

P.S. Trina, did she ask you to fill out and sign the IMM forms infromt of her?
Hey AUH,

I didn't see you there :) Nope she didn't ask me to sign the old or the new forms infront of her.

JM09

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hai trina & Auh.

CONGRATULATIONS ....U R SAFELY HOME :) :) :D

banquo

Dec 18, 2009
Congratulations Trina,

Our interview was in many respects similar to yours.

The rational behind the interview, the type of questions asked , and the documents that needed checking were identical.

My case seems to be going in the right direction.

All the best of luck to everybody

Cheers,

Banquo