+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

interview before citizenship test?

fanyang166

Feb 7, 2014
hey guys, I got RQed back in Oct 2012 and sent all the required docs subsequently. I have been regularly sending ATIP requests , just to monitor my progress. I recently received a letter to ask me to prepare for my citizenship test, which would be scheduled " in coming months", however, I got my latest ATIP report today, it says I have a Citizenship Interview scheduled for July 1st. The correspondence date is the same date on the " notice to prepare for your citizenship test" letter I mentioned early...so I am a little confused, what is it gonna be? an interview or a test? I thought you would only get an interview if you fail the test, not before it ....any help will be much appreciated.

EVENTS :1
Created Date: XXXXXXX
Created By: XXX
Updated Date: XXXXXXX
Updated By:XXX
Event Type : Citizenship Interview
Event Local Time: 2014/07/01 00:00

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I have the same exact scenario in my ATIP notes, they have put the events. and mentioned that correspondence sent.

fanyang166

Feb 7, 2014
am4u2ster said:
Hi
I have the same exact scenario in my ATIP notes, they have put the events. and mentioned that correspondence sent.
I don't know...maybe they meant the "interview" on the day of the test, during which they will ask you a couple of questions and check your passport? I called CIC several days ago and was told there was no test date scheduled for me in their system yet, but here it says 07/01/2014....it's such a mess, they should really stop using all the ambiguous wordings....

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fanyang166 said:
I don't know...maybe they meant the "interview" on the day of the test, during which they will ask you a couple of questions and check your passport? I called CIC several days ago and was told there was no test date scheduled for me in their system yet, but here it says 07/01/2014....it's such a mess, they should really stop using all the ambiguous wordings....
Officer have mentioned after event. OB- 407 d-triage, Residence concen to be address at interview/ St.claire.

fanyang166

Feb 7, 2014
am4u2ster said:
Officer have mentioned after event. OB- 407 d-triage, Residence concen to be address at interview/ St.claire.
I have the same line on my report , even the same CIC office.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fanyang166 said:
I have the same line on my report , even the same CIC office.
It's a total mess, we are very unfortunate, but as per the other applicant's they also have received the test and interview already. only god knows what's happening with our application.