+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview at CHC New delhi- Plz helppppp

Prabjot

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
Ineterview letter recieved from CHC:This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a Skilled Worker category which
was received under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and
Refugee Protection (IRP) Regulations. A personal interview required in order to assess your application
has been scheduled for you on 25-01-2011 (DD-MM-YYYY) at 09:30 hrs. (Indian Standard Time) at
the Canadian High Commission,
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri,New Delhi-110021. To allow sufficient time to pass through security,
please appear at least 15 minutes but not more than 30 minutes before your scheduled interview time.
Your spouse and all dependent children 18 years and over must attend the interview with you. Children
under 18 do not need to attend unless we have so requested. If you have adopted a child other than by
court order, the natural parents and the child (except infants) must also attend the interview.
The Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi provides interpretation
services for Hindi and Punjabi only. Economic class applicants who require an interpreter for another
language must engage the services of a qualified professional interpreter from an approved list of
interpretation companies. This approved list of interpretation companies is attached to this letter. Should
the applicant come to interview without one of these interpreters, the interview will be rescheduled,
leading to processing delays. Interpreters other than from the firms on the approved list will not be
accepted.
Please note that the figures quoted by the interpretation companies are not negotiable. Further,
the companies have no connection to the High Commission and cannot assist you in any way to
improve your chances of obtaining a visa. Should you attempt to negotiate on either on these
items, we have instructed the companies to refuse to take you as a client. Thirdly, the companies
should be contacted during business hours only. Should you call at any other time, the companies
will refuse to take your calls.
You are requested to bring with you the information/documentation listed below:
. completed immigrant application forms (IMM8) with schedules 1 and 3 and the Additional Family
Information form (IMM5406) for yourself. These forms are available on CIC's website at
www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/application-regular.asp. You must bring supporting documents
in original for all new information on your application for which you have not already submitted
evidence.
. completed immigrant application forms (IMM8) with schedule 1 and the Additional Family
Dear KAUR PRABJOT,
Page 1 of 4
file://H:\CAIPS_Data\ltr.htm 06/12/2010
Information form (IMM5406) for your spouse and each dependent child 18 years of age and over
irrespective of whether they are accompanying you to Canada or not.
Immigration Section-Service de l`lmmigration
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri-PO Box 5209-New Delhi 110021-India www.india.gc.ca
. conclusive proof of your claimed level of proficiency in English and/or French. This can be in the form
of language test results by an approved organization or a written submission supporting your claimed
level.
In addition, you must bring the following documents to the interview for each person included in your
application:
. Original individual passports for each family member included in the application, regardless of age;
.Six photos, as per the enclosed instructions for each person included in your application;
.Height and eye colour information for all eligible dependants as per the enclosed form;
.If you applied more than 12 months ago you must bring a current Police Certificate for you and all
eligible dependants over 18 years of age. This Police Certificate must be issued either by a Senior
Superintendent of Police or, if issued by a Regional Passport Office this Police Certificate will only be
valid if issued within one year from the date your passport was originally issued.
You must also bring originals or certified true copies of the following documents for each person
included in your application together with certified translations into English or French:
. Birth, death, marriage, divorce document(s) as applicable to your case; if not already submitted
. Degrees, diplomas, mark sheets (or other documents confirming educational status);
. Employers' references/appointment letters with detailed information on duties performed, salary slips
from your current and previous employments, provident fund receipts, Form 16, and evidence of
vocational training and apprenticeship of training for yourself;
. Proof of personal funds available to finance your resettlement in Canada; (e.g. bank statements for the
past one year, fixed deposit receipts, and receipts of other transferable investments in your name. If you
have validated arranged employment, this does not apply to you.
. If you plan to have your dependents accompany you to Canada or to join you within the validity date of
the visa, processing fees for all dependents must be paid before the interview. We recommend that, if
you have not paid the fees, you send them immediately by the fastest means. Should the fees not be paid
prior to the interview, no credit will be given for your spouse in the IRPA assessment. Fees are payable
by bank draft or certified cheque only. Cash is not accepted.
. If you have relatives in Canada willing to assist you, you must provide proof of how you are related at
the interview. Affidavits are not acceptable as proof. You must produce original all necessary birth
certificates or other civil documents that prove the way that the person is related to you. Should you not
provide such proof, no points will be awarded for the relative.
. If your marital status has changed since you submitted your application. If you were divorced, you
must bring the divorce petition and certificate. If you were married, you must bring the marriage
certificate, wedding photos, photos of you together after the wedding (e.g. outings). Each of you must
also complete spousal questionnaire that is available at
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5490E.PDF. Please ignore the fact that the title refers
to 'sponsor'.
NOTE: If you fail to attend this interview your application will be assessed based on the information
contained in your application form and the supporting documentation you have provided. Since an
interview was scheduled to address concerns with the information in your file, this will likely lead to the
refusal of your application. No additional interview will be scheduled.
Page 2 of 4
If corresponding with this office, please quote the above file number. This letter should first be
presented at the Immigration gate when you arrive for your interview and then to the receptionist inside.
PS: THIS IS A VALID COMPUTER GENERATED LETTER AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY SIGNATURE.
PHOTOGRAPH REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ISSUANCE OF IMMIGRANT
VISAS
In order to continue processing of your application, you must send to this office :
Six photos for each person included in your application.
The photos must meet the following specifications exactly. Photographs that do not meet these
specifications will not be accepted and will delay the issuance of your visa(s).
THE PHOTOGRAPHS MUST:
1. Show a full front view of the person's head and shoulders showing full face centred in the middle of
the photograph against a plain white background. No background of any colour, no matter how light,
will be accepted.
2. Be identical (black and white or colour) produced from the same untouched negative, or exposed
simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera. Digital photographs or any kind of reproduced
images will not be accepted.
3. Be produced on single weight matte photographic paper and the photographs must:
* have an image of the head that is between 25 mm and 35 mm '1' and '1 3/8' from chin to crown
AND
* have a 35 mm x 45 mm '1 3/8' x '1 3/4' finished size;
4. Have been taken within the last 12 months
5. Have the full name and date of birth of the person in the photograph printed on the back;
6. Be returned to us to the address indicated in this letter, with your 'B' file number indicated on the
envelope.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section
Page 3 of 4
N.B. If you are already scheduled for an interview you must bring the photos to your interview.
DO NOT GLUE OR STAPLE THE PHOTOS TO THIS FORM
Photos that have staple holes will not be accepted
HEIGHT/EYE COLOUR INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR THE ISSUANCE
OF IMMIGRANT VISAS
File No: B058432813 [SW1]
Please list below the name of each person included in this application, and provide the details
requested.
Please start with the principal applicant, follow with the spouse, and then the children listed from
oldest to youngest:
S.NO. NAME HEIGHT: in cm. EYE COLOR
1. _________________________ __________ __________
2. _________________________ __________ __________
3. _________________________ __________ __________
4. _________________________ __________ __________
5. _________________________ __________ __________
6. _________________________ __________ __________
Page 4 of 4
file:/
I dont haveany member in my application...

Please suggest why they want to have interview...if anyone can guess...or if any one have same exp...

konda

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
02-02-2010
AOR Received.
first AOR on 01-02-2010,second on 21-05-2010
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
30-10-2010
Passport Req..
18-10-2010
nothing to worry. just they want to clarify their doubts in ur application

kur761

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
PILLOT OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-09-2007
Doc's Request.
11-03-2010
AOR Received.
22-10-2007
IELTS Request
11-03-2010
File Transfer...
11-03-2010
Med's Request
14-07-2011
Med's Done....
19-07-2011 & CHC London office rvd. on 25-07-2011
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
PPR RVD ON 08-03-2012 PPs. SENT 12/03/12 CHC RVD 13/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Status has been changed to "DM" & Canadian address has also been updated.
LANDED..........
11-06-2012
No worries, you are clear and transparent in very angle, go with full confidence and complete documents as listed in their letter. As other members said they wanna clear their doubts and nothing more.

Best of luck! Everything will be fine.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you got this interview call before your Medical request?
OMM

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Prabjot did you consider ordering caips notes.... which may have told you why the VO wants to interview you. But it takes one month to get caips at the earliest through internet companies providing caips notes. Although it is too late to order them considering your interview date 25 Jan.

Alternatively go through all your forms and see if there is any discrepancy. Also considering that you have been given an opportunity to update some forms see if there is anything missing/mismatch on these forms. This may be your last chance to get it corrected.

It is also possible it is a routine quality control interview conducted at random. Just be confident about everything on your file.

Good luck and keep us updated.

asd

Dec 19, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it is aconfusing :-\ situation ,god help you.

i would like to suggest
1- get seniors & expert help, Qorax,pmm,explorer,leon,etc,you can get consultation from a lawyer eg MR DAVID COHEN.
2- if you wish to handle by yourself send a case specific enquiry to postpond (if possible ) the interview appointment ,& order caips to get more information about ur case .
\

good luck

sokhi2010

Oct 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
1st:09.04.2010 ; 2nd: 09.08.2010
IELTS Request
June 2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Hopefully waived!
Passport Req..
08.11.2012, Package submitted 04.01.2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Soon
HI..

Probably as mentioned in one of the earlier posts, it is just an interview to
reassess and reconfirm certain facts.
Just stay firm and attend the interview.Remember keep yourself calm and show no signs of nervousness at the time of Interview.
And give the information that is asked for. Do not explain too much in detail.What happens is that sometimes one tries to be extra helpful which creates further confusion.

Just for information...Your ecas changed to IN PROCESS and you were called for Interview? Or did they just send you email / post?

V

visheshmalhotra13

Dear Prabhjot,

Just be there in time and be confident when you face the Visa officer. Go through your file and make sure you know everything you have mentioned in your application. I had an interview and they had doubt about my profession. I think same is the case with you. Else, they must have mentioned something specifically to bring along. This interview letter is generic. I also got the same wording written in the letter. I took all documents i had provided at the time of full submission of documents. They will just ask for any new information in case there is any, but you need to bring all the docs along. Just be truthful and everything will be alright.

Best of very luck. God bless.

Regards,
VIshesh

Prabjot

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
Hi All...
Thx for your replies...
I got this letter in mail on 6th dec 2010 and next day my status got updated to InProcess...

I hope everything will be fine...
@Vishesh..Can you please tell me what they asked you interview? How long your interview was?

I have an experience of US visa interview. It was simple window stand up interview and they asked me questions for 10 min...

Is Canada interview same like US or??

Thx again for your wishes...

Prabjot

Prabjot

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
iindian said:
Dear Prab,

have you received interview by email or hard letter via post ??

thanks
my consultant received this letter through email and they fwd me the same....
Thx, Prab

singh123

Apr 24, 2009
Prab it is strange that your rep did not advise you to go for caips. If your rep got the letter on 6 Dec you had considerable time to order caips notes which may have specifically listed the concern of the visa officer and why you needed interview in the first place. Did you ask your rep why he didn't advise you on caips.

Prabjot

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
singh123 said:
Prab it is strange that your rep did not advise you to go for caips. If your rep got the letter on 6 Dec you had considerable time to order caips notes which may have specifically listed the concern of the visa officer and why you needed interview in the first place. Did you ask your rep why he didn't advise you on caips.
I tried ordering caips notes throgh caipsnotes.com; but they said its almost impossible to get it before 25 jan, as there are holidays in between.
So I dropped that idea. I have changed 2 employers after filing my application. So this may be the reason.
I am still intouch with my previous emplyer and they said they didnt received any verification call.
I will get to know the reason of interview at the time of interview itself.
I also travelled to US after sending my full docs. and I hvnt informed them abt it.

Well I am not worried now...instead I am confident...

I m ready to face them and clarify their doubts.

Thax all for your help.

Prabjot