+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interview after medical

Caloy

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Hi,

Why is it some been called for an interview after they've finished their medical? Anyone can share their ideas....thanks.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i think that is the normal process. Usually if a person does get asked for an interview, it is after the medicals. No use in calling someone for interview if they are going to fail medicals.

AUH Process

Star Member
Feb 11, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2007
Dear All,

My case for (Skilled worked through an arranged employment offer) PR application is in process through the London visa office, and they have requested my medical results which I submitted to them on 25th Jan 10.
After that, they have sent me an letter requiring me to attend an interview in the Abu Dhabi office with my original passpost, and various other original documents (UAE visa, Educational certificates, Proof of funds, etc....)

Does anyone know if Abu Dhabi visa officer has the authority to take the final decision, and visa issued immediately in UAE, or is it referred back to London?

Also I am wondering why I received the interview request after London received the medical results & right of landing fee.....Isn't medical exam usually the final step?

jjadel

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Oct.2006
Doc's Request.
27 Oct. 2009
Med's Request
13 Oct. 2009
Interview........
6 Oct. 2009
Passport Req..
15 Dec. 2009
VISA ISSUED...
25 Jan. 2010
@ Caloy,
sometimes the interview comes before medicals.
Ours did, medical forms were sent to us a week after interview.

@AUH process,

The final decision rests with the London office but Abu Dhabi will tell you if you meet the requirement (67 points) and will most likely let you know if you interview was good.

Attended interview there, smooth and straight forward, they just want to clarify certain things.

Himanshukhamar

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-12-2009
AOR Received.
11-01-2010
Med's Request
8-02-2010
Med's Done....
12-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
8-02-2010
I think Interview after Medical is possible only for Security reason.

AUH Process

Star Member
Feb 11, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2007
Thank for your replies.

Good point Himanshukhamar, I think this is probable, however, in my case, my key (and only) coencern is the timeline between interview and decision time, which is very very critical for me because my husband is a PR living out of the country (infact they require his attendance in the meeting), & his 3 yrs of not entering CA are finishing on 12th April, so its imperative we receive a decision from either AUH of London before that, otherwise he will not have completed his residency oblications, and may not be granted admission into Canada!!!

jjadel

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Oct.2006
Doc's Request.
27 Oct. 2009
Med's Request
13 Oct. 2009
Interview........
6 Oct. 2009
Passport Req..
15 Dec. 2009
VISA ISSUED...
25 Jan. 2010
AUH,

I am not sure anyone can give a definite time frame but our interview was on the 6th of October and Visas are dated 25th Jan.
Just over 3 months in our case.

jj

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi AUH,

Looks like we are on the same boat here. We received our medicals requests first and then they emailed me to attend an interview in March here in abu dhabi. When are you scheduled? and what is your timeline?

AUH Process

Star Member
Feb 11, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2007
Thanks for your response.

Hi trinatocanada,

Looks like we will meet in the embassy in AUH, coz our interview is on the same day!!

Do you have any theories about the reasons why the interview request is after the medical?

Also I notice in your profile you have a date for "Acknowldgement of reciept" (AOR). What is this document, and is there any risk of not having received it? coz my lawyer didn't mention receiving any such document on my behalf.

We basically know my immigration file number though an email reply received from London approximately two months after sinding them the documents.

My timeline is approximately the same as yours, except I have sent the medicals to London about a week before you.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Interviews can be held both ways... pre-meds & post-meds.

-Interview Pre-meds: Is of serious concern. Here the VO is not sure of his 'acceptability' of your case. He/she needs to x-check your quals, exp & language skills. The chances of getting thru is: 60-40 [60% towards rejection].

-Interview Post-meds: Is to double check. Now the VO is pretty much sure that u fit the bill. However, he needs to x-check a minor issue, which is bugging him. More than docs check, he is greatly interested in chatting with u, to clear his non-consequential doubts. The chances of getting thru is: 75-25 [75% towards approval].

I hope that makes some sense.
Qorax.

Ps.: to AUH Process... Though the CHC-Adh IO might give u an impression of Ok or Not... the decider is your VO at London. Visas cannot be granted here, it has to be stamped at London only. And that'd take some time... usually 4-8 weeks, after interview.

AUH Process

Star Member
Feb 11, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2007
Qorax thanks for your response,

If my husband does not complete his residency obligations. I.e. if 3 years of him living outside Canada have elapsed since he first landed in Canada, and he wishes to surrender his PR card and re-apply for PR all over again (this time including our family on the application), is there a procedure to do this?

Couldn't find anything on the CIC website regarding surrendering PR card?!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
AUH Process said:
Qorax thanks for your response,

If my husband does not complete his residency obligations. I.e. if 3 years of him living outside Canada have elapsed since he first landed in Canada, and he wishes to surrender his PR card and re-apply for PR all over again (this time including our family on the application), is there a procedure to do this?

Couldn't find anything on the CIC website regarding surrendering PR card?!
PR lapsed means its all over. He has to start all over again, as a new applicant... the same procedure & the same timeframe applies. It's a bad situation.

Try writing to CIC and ask for 'help' at reviving his PR status. U may provide all kind of supporting docs to claim that. It is difficult, but one never knows. If it is a matter of few days, Canada may oblige.

AUH Process

Star Member
Feb 11, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2007
qorax said:
Try writing to CIC and ask for 'help' at reviving his PR status. U may provide all kind of supporting docs to claim that. It is difficult, but one never knows. If it is a matter of few days, Canada may oblige.
Ok, I think we will do that if decision takes longer than a month....no rush to leave now anyhow!!

How should we contact CIC though? ::)....Should we write to the High Commission at Abu Dhabi, The embassy at London (who is responsible for UAE skilled worker cases), or CIC in Canda??

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AUH Process said:
Thanks for your response.

Hi trinatocanada,

Looks like we will meet in the embassy in AUH, coz our interview is on the same day!!

Do you have any theories about the reasons why the interview request is after the medical?

Also I notice in your profile you have a date for "Acknowldgement of reciept" (AOR). What is this document, and is there any risk of not having received it? coz my lawyer didn't mention receiving any such document on my behalf.

We basically know my immigration file number though an email reply received from London approximately two months after sinding them the documents.

My timeline is approximately the same as yours, except I have sent the medicals to London about a week before you.
The AOR is a document they send you stating that Nova Scotia has received your initial application and it contains your file number. No problem if you do not have a copy with you as you already are towards the end of the process. I guess I'll see you at the embassy :) I'll be the one sweating profusely, lol.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi qorax,
good to hear our chances are at least better than the pre-medical interviews. where'd you get this info?