Waived but have to get RCMP cert, which took almost 3 months
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
Hi Everyone,

I had citizenship test couple of days ago and I got perfect score . However during my interview there were many questions about my travel , I travel a lot and unfortunately some of my US travel do not have any stamps. I was also sick that day so i was very low energy and could have giving the officer a bad energy . Any way the officer wrote in her report that " Missing Exit / Entry stamps in passports, and something (not clear what she wrote ) matches application .

The end was like she informed me that she will mail me if she needs more clarification if not i would be invited for a oath in April . I am confused now if this a positive or negative , in terms of me getting a RQ etc ?

anyone has similar experience please share for my peace of mind . I wish I should have rescheduled and went when I am fully fit.

regards

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
andreagail999 said:
Hi Everyone,

I had citizenship test couple of days ago and I got perfect score . However during my interview there were many questions about my travel , I travel a lot and unfortunately some of my US travel do not have any stamps. I was also sick that day so i was very low energy and could have giving the officer a bad energy . Any way the officer wrote in her report that " Missing Exit / Entry stamps in passports, and something (not clear what she wrote ) matches application .

The end was like she informed me that she will mail me if she needs more clarification if not i would be invited for a oath in April . I am confused now if this a positive or negative , in terms of me getting a RQ etc ?

anyone has similar experience please share for my peace of mind . I wish I should have rescheduled and went when I am fully fit.

regards
you would be late
but you would be ok

Devs

Nov 2, 2016
andreagail999 said:
Hi Everyone,

regards
Hi
What you wrote could have been my interview. I too traveled a lot (almost 250 days a year) for my previous business. I had listed all my air travels, but some travel by road to US was missed by me as there were no stamps. The lady who interviewed us asked me about the missing dates and I explained them to the best I could. She made some notes and that was it.

My outlook is this. I have a clean record and they need to do their job vetting people. If it takes time so be it. We applied in September and our Test was on Jan 10 and our status is still "In Process".

So relax and enjoy the process as you have no control over it.

Shankar

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Devs said:
So relax and enjoy the process as you have no control over it.

Shankar
initially i am so excited.. but 6 month in process of application.. Know i am RELAAAX.
once a week check the status.. but regularly check mail...
thats all
:)

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andreagail999 said:
Hi Everyone,

regards
I wouldn't be too concerned. I did my test today and had the interview. My interview went well but I was missing an entry stamp when I came back to Ottawa after going to the UK for a week. The interviewer said the same thing to me that he may need to contact the CBSA to verify the date I returned. I asked him why they may not have stamped it when I came back and he said it's common they might have forgotten or a error on their part. He said it's not a big deal and now wait for a letter for the ceremony or if they need anything more they will contact me.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
andreagail999 said:
Hi Everyone,

regards
It is neither positive or negative. The interviewer is supposed to log everything, even if they feel it is not that big a deal. The statement about mailing you if more clarification is needed is a generic one.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
quick question guys that may be stupid .. if anyone is missing stamp dates but used automated machines at the airport , do they have those reports from the machine ?
thanks

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CBSA records entries into Canada
Exit records are tracked based on passport stamps when you enter another country after exiting Canada
Missing entries into the US are the ones they go after the most as people go to their home countries VIA USA to evade residency obligations
That loophole that people exploited abd have got away with and now CIC going after that loophole

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
ok so even if we use automated machines it's fine , they will have those reports .Because i'm missing one or two when entering canada but i used the automated machine and the declaration card was stamped though.
Some countries don't stamp their citizens when entering , so a lot of people don't have to transit through the US

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
PER email received : 24th March 2011
Nomination.....
RBVO: 16th April 2011
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
In Process : 13th June 2011
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
20th August 2011, Medicals received line added in e-cas: 18th sep 2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
Thanks everyone for your input . I never went to my home country through US. All mu US trips where for vacation . Hopefully the officer have all my records from CBSA. The other question the officer asked me and not sure if there is any value to it is if I rent or own a house here. I rent at the moment . Would that make a difference in getting citizenship . Is that just a standard question ?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
.Steve said:
Missing entries into the US are the ones they go after the most as people go to their home countries VIA USA to evade residency obligations
Interesting. I had a lot of travel to the US and didn't have stamps for those since I am a NEXUS member. The interviewer did not make as much big a deal of it. I am a US citizen however so I'm sure that had some impact.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
andreagail999 said:
The other question the officer asked me and not sure if there is any value to it is if I rent or own a house here. I rent at the moment . Would that make a difference in getting citizenship . Is that just a standard question?
It is a standard question. It would help a little if you own a home here because that can mean you have stronger ties to Canada. But it is a minor detail. It can help a little but it won't really hurt you if just rent.

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keesio said:
Interesting. I had a lot of travel to the US and didn't have stamps for those since I am a NEXUS member. The interviewer did not make as much big a deal of it. I am a US citizen however so I'm sure that had some impact.
Depends on what date those missing stamps were from

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/btb-pdf/ebsiip-asfipi-eng.html

If your entry/exit stamp was from prior to the implementation of this process they can request for US border crossing records

It seems many people have got away with this in the past before the electronic exchange of information was put in place

In my case I had two missing stamps... one from 2011 and one from 2015
The officer was only concerned about the missing stamp was from 2011 and that makes it clear why they have requested the US border crossing records

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I applied for citizenship in early 2013. Most of my travel i reported in my application was from 2009-2012

andreagail999

Star Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
PER email received : 24th March 2011
Nomination.....
RBVO: 16th April 2011
AOR Received.
Never received till date
File Transfer...
In Process : 13th June 2011
Med's Request
19th July 2011
Med's Done....
20th August 2011, Medicals received line added in e-cas: 18th sep 2011
Interview........
Passport Req..
1st march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15th march 2012
LANDED..........
30th June 2012
Just to Update.

I did my test on March 6th, Still In process . I didn't get DM or Oath letter or the fingerprint request nor any request for additional documents . If they wanted something more they would have asked me by now right ?