+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Interpreting the GCMS Notes

slashmaybe

May 20, 2019
Hi guys,

Just got my GCMS notes and from what I understand, looks like my application is approved. The "Assessments" section on page 2 looks like this:

Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Info sharing: Complete
Final: Approved

The "Finalize Application" section on page 40 is confusing, looking for help to understand status of my CoPR. I am listing what I think are the relevant fields below:

Document Issuance: 1
Created date: 2020/05/05
Document #: <document number is present>
Document: Counterfoil/Vignette
Valid to: 2020/09/16 [this is the date one year from my medicals]
Print Queue: <print queue number is present>
Due date: 2020/05/05
Printed by: <blank>
Printed date: <blank>
Confirmed by: <blank>
Confirmation date: <blank>
Sent by: <blank>
Sent date: <blank>

-----------

Document Issuance: 2
Document: COPR/CRP

[relevant field names and values for relevant field names are the same as document 1]

-----------

Could someone help me understand what my next steps should be? Looks like application was approved 8 months back! Would really be grateful if @legalfalcon could provide their valuable inputs here. Otherwise, would welcome help from anyone who is well-versed on the topic of the GCMS notes.

As always, thanks in advance :)

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Did you check your junk mail for ppr. Or it could be approved and they are waiting to issue a ppr because of covid.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi guys,

Just got my GCMS notes and from what I understand, looks like my application is approved. The "Assessments" section on page 2 looks like this:

The "Finalize Application" section on page 40 is confusing, looking for help to understand status of my CoPR. I am listing what I think are the relevant fields below:

-----------

[relevant field names and values for relevant field names are the same as document 1]

-----------

Could someone help me understand what my next steps should be? Looks like application was approved 8 months back! Would really be grateful if @legalfalcon could provide their valuable inputs here. Otherwise, would welcome help from anyone who is well-versed on the topic of the GCMS notes.

Congratulations!!

YEs, all stages have passed and this is why you see approved in the GCMS notes. However, currently there are many applications in the same boat as your are, where they have approved, but waiting for PPR /COPR.

See pages 1 for App status, if it is open, then the PPR has not been sent and you will have to wait even though the instructions for COPR were issued. For most outland applicants this is what is happening as if COPR is issued and they cannot travel, the COPR will expire and then the application will have to be reopened and a final review done again.

To avoid duplicity of work, IRCC is not sending PPRs, and keeping the application open.

Reactions: slashmaybe

slashmaybe

May 20, 2019
Congratulations!!

YEs, all stages have passed and this is why you see approved in the GCMS notes. However, currently there are many applications in the same boat as your are, where they have approved, but waiting for PPR /COPR.

See pages 1 for App status, if it is open, then the PPR has not been sent and you will have to wait even though the instructions for COPR were issued. For most outland applicants this is what is happening as if COPR is issued and they cannot travel, the COPR will expire and then the application will have to be reopened and a final review done again.

To avoid duplicity of work, IRCC is not sending PPRs, and keeping the application open.
Thanks so much!

Gotcha - yes the App Status is Open on Page 1. So to be sure, the only bit of work left for NDVO (my file was transferred to this VO) now is to print my documents (that is, the counterfoil and CoPR), right?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks so much!

Gotcha - yes the App Status is Open on Page 1. So to be sure, the only bit of work left for NDVO (my file was transferred to this VO) now is to print my documents (that is, the counterfoil and CoPR), right?
Before a PPR is sent, they will do. final review to check if all documents such as passports, medicals etc. are valid.

slashmaybe

May 20, 2019
Before a PPR is sent, they will do. final review to check if all documents such as passports, medicals etc. are valid.
Thank you @legalfalcon

Since my EE application submission in December 2019, I have changed my current address and job (twice) - I've informed IRCC of my address change and first job change through a webform. Was later told that there is no need to raise a webform for a job change - I want to confirm if this bit of information is true?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon

Since my EE application submission in December 2019, I have changed my current address and job (twice) - I've informed IRCC of my address change and first job change through a webform. Was later told that there is no need to raise a webform for a job change - I want to confirm if this bit of information is true?

Post submission sine the application is locked you do not have to inform IRCC of any changes. Only if you claimed point for the job hewer you were employer, and if you leave it you should inform IRCC so that they are aware that you no longer wrk there in case they verify your employment.

Any subsequent change of job need not be notified to IRCC.

r1976

Oct 26, 2021
Hi guys,

-----------

-----------

@legalfalcon I got my GCMS notes today and have exact same status with Application status: Open on page 1 and all the documents listed under the "Finalize Application" section. What can I make of it and any way I can help move this along ?

AOR: 26th September 2020, FSW PNP Outland

Looks like it was finalized in January 2021 but since then no ppr and no update !

Marij

Jan 17, 2022
Hi everyone, I have applied for closed work permit on July 2021 . I have my notes :

This means it will be approved?

thank you