+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Internship rules

paulapvd

Mar 29, 2012
Hi there.

My study/work permit expires in the end of August, as I'm enrolled for another program (toefl preparation), the immigration issued me a visitor's visa for the period of this program. However I'm in an internship now, because of the first program and I'd like to continue on it after the work permit expires, as it's unpaid and my visitor's visa (looks like a "permit letter" as they issued me at the immigration in Toronto when I arrived) has no such thing as "cannot work" as I know some usually has.

Is that possible? Continue in this unpaid internship with this type of visa?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

paulapvd said:
Hi there.

My study/work permit expires in the end of August, as I'm enrolled for another program (toefl preparation), the immigration issued me a visitor's visa for the period of this program. However I'm in an internship now, because of the first program and I'd like to continue on it after the work permit expires, as it's unpaid and my visitor's visa (looks like a "permit letter" as they issued me at the immigration in Toronto when I arrived) has no such thing as "cannot work" as I know some usually has.

Is that possible? Continue in this unpaid internship with this type of visa?

No you can't with a visitor's permit.