+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

internet

dodan

Mar 7, 2010
usa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Members
I am planning to move to Windsor, ON in few weeks. Do you guys know which internet provider is cost-effective in Ontario? - Thanks.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dodan said:
Members
I am planning to move to Windsor, ON in few weeks. Do you guys know which internet provider is cost-effective in Ontario? - Thanks.
Cost effective is a relative term, in general the price is high, there are data caps and the service quality is low - compared to many countries, Canada is rubbish in the internet service arena.

You can start your search here http://www.canadianisp.ca/

dodan

Mar 7, 2010
usa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Baloo for your response and the link.

Oh buddy, I pay USD 19.99/mo for 16MBps download and 1MBps upload from Time warner in USA. No cap, unlimited. It is no where close to what I am getting in Ontario...

That's ok. Maybe sometimes Canadian internet providers will throw some discount!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dodan said:
Thanks Baloo for your response and the link.

Oh buddy, I pay USD 19.99/mo for 16MBps download and 1MBps upload from Time warner in USA. No cap, unlimited. It is no where close to what I am getting in Ontario...

That's ok. Maybe sometimes Canadian internet providers will throw some discount!
Not until you suggest you are leaving them :)

You are not likely to get anything like the deal you have in the USA (well, not at that price) - welcome to Canada :(

Don't get me started on Canadian cell phones !! :eek:

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
dodan said:
Members
This is the best u could get in Canada:

>Homephone: $29.99/month [FREE, Unlimited US, Canada & 62 countries]
>Internet: $36.99/month [Unlimited, No cap, No fair-share, HD quality, Hi-Speed]
-Plus Free Router.
-Total Bundle Price: $67/month

REF:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t80213.0.html

Qorax

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
cliffy

Canada is as said by one of the members, its the worst in North America.
They can improve a lot but 3-4 companies are doing monopoly biz there with low quality services.

I'd say Bell is good. and there is nothing in this world as UNLIMITED for Internet.
they say its unlimited but if you continuously download they will block your connection after 50-60 GB

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jnathan said:
...they say its unlimited but if you continuously download they will "block your connection" after 50-60 GB
Really?
All of us [in our Toronto google-group] use that package... we regularly stream movies on the TV [FHD-1080p ones]... call the world... multiple notebooks r being used around the home [simultaneously], mostly gaming by the kids... we do not see a lag / cap / fair-share anytime... set aside the 'block'. Probably they r letting us loose, being a 'few good men' !

jnathan said:
...I'd say "Bell is good". and there is nothing in this world as UNLIMITED for Internet.
Bell is crap !

jungi

Sep 20, 2010
qorax said:
Really?
All of us [in our Toronto google-gtoup] use that package... we r regularly stream movies on the TV [FHD-1080p ones]... call the world... multiple notebooks r being used around the home [simultaneously], mostly gaming by the kids... we do not see a lag / cap / fair-share anytime... set aside the 'block'. Probably they r letting us loose, being a 'few good men' !

Bell is crap !
Hi,how r u friend?i need ur help again becoz last day i recived mt caips notes nd then mension that my file sent to RET nd my bf,d is ON wat is mean of that plez help me.i will be realy greatfull to u friend.GOD BLESS U ND HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO.WAHEED