+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Internet/Home Phone/TV/Mobile - Bundle - Toronto area

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi
I will be moving to Toronto shortly. I am looking for a reliable/quality bundle service providers (2 or more of the above). For Home Phone, VoIP service is fine...

Any inputs appreciated...

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
If you go with Bell you will have to sign up for the services separately (with separate CSRs too), but they will give a discount for multiple services. Then they will send you separate bills (which all seemed to look amazing like the others so don't get confused) and you will have to call to get them to send one bill which will take several months for them all to "migrate" to one bill.

Except for the complications of signing up for service and the time and effort it took to get them all on one bill, I have been happy with the reliability of the connections and their technical support services.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Be aware that the main companies sell you a package based on speed, but they also "cap" limit the amount of data you can use.
Some companies charge massive fees (300% - 500% more than your normal data rate) when you go over the limit.

Think about OTA television, no monthly fees.
http://www.otacanada.com/cgi-bin/ota_info.pl

Buy a dry DSL loop from an independent company, that provide a connection with no cap on the amount of data you can use.
Add VOIP from someone like comwave.
http://www.comwave.net/

Subscribe to Netflix Canada for 7.99 a month watch as many movies / TV shows as you want. Not brand new releases but the selection is growing.

http://ca.netflix.com

Compared to the Bell / Rogers / Shaw companies, this lot will save you hundreds of dollars every year.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Having had Netflix in the US I'd say that an $8 unlimited access to movies and tv in Canada is throwing money away. They have virtually no content (growing maybe, but still quite limited).

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AllisonVSC said:
Having had Netflix in the US I'd say that an $8 unlimited access to movies and tv in Canada is throwing money away. They have virtually no content (growing maybe, but still quite limited).
Very true, but still better value than cable.

BTW You can access US Netflix via VPN or a proxy server :)

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Baloo said:
Very true, but still better value than cable.

BTW You can access US Netflix via VPN or a proxy server :)
Great to know, Baloo. Thanks. I actually watch a lot of content online these days and having a US IP addy sure helps.