+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Internationally Educated Nurses Queries

iamannegee

Sep 24, 2013
Hello everyone! I just got my PR and I am looking into pursuing my Canadian education. Now, I know some of you can relate with this, maybe some of you want to shed some light on the steps to take to go back on track, be admitted into a college or university.

This is my case:

1. I finished my Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, 8 years ago, I am a Licensed Nurse as well.
2. 2010 was the last time I practiced my Nursing.
3. Came to Canada in 2010.

Now I understand that to be able to practice Nursing in Canada, you have to undergo certain assessments of nursing bodies like CNO (Ontario), CARNA(Alberta) etc., but now, they have developed NNAS (National Nursing Assessment Service) to do this assessment.

And then after assessment, they will direct you to an institution offering a bridging program and finish the courses they require you and write the CPRNE and then you will become an RPN/LPN. After you become an RPN or LPN, then you are eligible to apply for an undergraduate Nursing program in universities, is that correct?

My question is, if you are a Permanent Resident and wants to apply directly to a university (U of Toronto, U of Alberta, OttawaU etc.), a Nursing Graduate OUTSIDE Canada, is that possible?

Get your foreign credentials assessed by a university and perhaps enter a Second Entry Nursing Program (which most universities have), and skip the NNAS assessment, not do a bridging program?

Has somebody experienced this or did this kind of assessment? Just wondering.

drills

May 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-02-2013
Med's Done....
19-12-2013
Interview........
soon
Passport Req..
17-03-2013
i think you are right about the process except after you get license you dont have to got to any college you just start practice.

GOMZY

Dec 4, 2014
Hi. Please mine is a little different and I am hoping the originator can put me through. I did business courses back home but I am now interested in charting a new course/career in Nursing either in a college or university. Please how and where do I assess myself.