+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INTERNATIONAL TEACHER & TEACHER in CANADA--HOW to upgrade???

pkkalras

Full Member
Apr 27, 2015
27
7
canada
Dear All,
I was a teacher and then Principal of a School in India. I got my visa after a lot of struggle as a Teacher. Now I am a successful teacher in Canada, BC. The process is altogether identical in all states of Canada. I struggled a lot to find out how to get my certification here and what would be better for me to start my career.
The procedure of getting your teaching degree upgraded is very simple, but no one guides properly. I had to scuffle everyday to achieve this position. I want all fellow teachers to be guided properly. You can visit these websites and feel free to ask questions if you have any doubts. There are two options, however, getting Independent school certification is a bit short and easy process. You can find a good job and earn around $ 3500 right in the beginning.
First of all you should get your education credential evaluation from a credential evaluation Organization, which is different in every province, whereas it has comparable results everywhere.
http://www.bcit.ca/ices/
or
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=wes
Please do not forget to bring your education transcripts from India or any other country. Transcript of Bachelor and Master degree whatever you have, along with Bachelor of education degree too. Afterwards you can undergo the process as under:

https://www.bcteacherregulation.ca/Teacher/InternationalGraduates.aspx
https://www.bcteacherregulation.ca/
https://www.bcteacherregulation.ca/Teacher/IndependentApp.aspx
If you have any question, feel free to contact me and post your queries.
Thanks and good luck.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AnupamaBhalla

S.babbar

Newbie
Sep 3, 2016
1
0
Sir, pls guide me about the job opportunities of biology teacher in Ontario. We r planning to shift there in Feb. My qualification is M. SC, Bed, mphill(botany). I have 4years teaching experience of college n three years of school. Is there any chance to get job in colleges or school. What should I do after landing there to get a job soon.
 

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
66,272
9,371
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
S.babbar said:
Sir, pls guide me about the job opportunities of biology teacher in Ontario. We r planning to shift there in Feb. My qualification is M. SC, Bed, mphill(botany). I have 4years teaching experience of college n three years of school. Is there any chance to get job in colleges or school. What should I do after landing there to get a job soon.
Ontario has far more teachers than teaching jobs. You should expect it will be quite difficult to find a job as a teacher.

Note that you will not be able to teach at the high school or primary school level until you go through the process of having your credentials recognized by Ontario: https://www.oct.ca/becoming-a-teacher/internationally-educated-teachers
 

pkkalras

Full Member
Apr 27, 2015
27
7
canada
you will have to start with supportive jobs and upgrading takes a lot of time. So, be ready to look for other jobs however you can find customer service jobs.
 

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
109
6
120
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkkalras said:
Dear All,
I was a teacher and then Principal of a School in India. I got my visa after a lot of struggle as a Teacher. Now I am a successful teacher in Canada, BC. The process is altogether identical in all states of Canada. I struggled a lot to find out how to get my certification here and what would be better for me to start my career.
The procedure of getting your teaching degree upgraded is very simple, but no one guides properly. I had to scuffle everyday to achieve this position. I want all fellow teachers to be guided properly. You can visit these websites and feel free to ask questions if you have any doubts. There are two options, however, getting Independent school certification is a bit short and easy process. You can find a good job and earn around $ 3500 right in the beginning.
First of all you should get your education credential evaluation from a credential evaluation Organization, which is different in every province, whereas it has comparable results everywhere.
http://www.bcit.ca/ices/
or
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=wes
Please do not forget to bring your education transcripts from India or any other country. Transcript of Bachelor and Master degree whatever you have, along with Bachelor of education degree too. Afterwards you can undergo the process as under:

https://www.bcteacherregulation.ca/Teacher/InternationalGraduates.aspx
https://www.bcteacherregulation.ca/
https://www.bcteacherregulation.ca/Teacher/IndependentApp.aspx
If you have any question, feel free to contact me and post your queries.
Thanks and good luck.
I read your story and you got what you deserve at the end.
Congrts.......
I need one help.
One of my friend wife is done her B.A, M.A, B.ED. She is arts student and done in Gujarati subject. She is currently doing LLB. She also did job for 1 year as a teacher in primary school. If you are from India then you will easily get all these sort form.
So I want to know what are the chances for her to get job in school?
Can you tell me more about which course should be better or any other certificate to get teacher job?
Thankx in advance.
 

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
1,499
295
Hiii said:
I read your story and you got what you deserve at the end.
Congrts.......
I need one help.
One of my friend wife is done her B.A, M.A, B.ED. She is arts student and done in Gujarati subject. She is currently doing LLB. She also did job for 1 year as a teacher in primary school. If you are from India then you will easily get all these sort form.
So I want to know what are the chances for her to get job in school?
Can you tell me more about which course should be better or any other certificate to get teacher job?
Thankx in advance.
Did you read the advise given by Scylla above??
 

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
1,499
295
There is nothing quick and easy to get this certification.. too much supply and not enough demand.
 

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
109
6
120
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
foodie69 said:
There is nothing quick and easy to get this certification.. too much supply and not enough demand.
Ok then tell me what should do? If you have better option then please share.
We are not here to do labourer job for life time.
Please share your idea if you have.
 

Hiii

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
109
6
120
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkkalras said:
The best way to get easy and quick teaching job in Canada is to get Independent School Teacher Certification.
Thanks for your information.
 

Jemmaprince

Newbie
Aug 2, 2019
2
0
Hai I finished my M. Sc and B,. Ed in Mathematics in India and I worked as a maths teacher for grade 10 for 8 years. Now I'm living in North Vancouver for 7 months. I had open workpermit and I'm searching for job. I applied in WES for my transcripts and my evaluation will complete this month. What can I do next to get a teacher job here. Please help me.. I don't know anyone here.
 

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
66,272
9,371
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hai I finished my M. Sc and B,. Ed in Mathematics in India and I worked as a maths teacher for grade 10 for 8 years. Now I'm living in North Vancouver for 7 months. I had open workpermit and I'm searching for job. I applied in WES for my transcripts and my evaluation will complete this month. What can I do next to get a teacher job here. Please help me.. I don't know anyone here.
Have you gone through the certification process to be allowed to each at the primary and secondary school level in Canada? If not, then you are not entitled to teach at this time. You have to become certified before you can take on a teaching role. WES is not enough - you have to go through the full process below.

https://www.makeafuture.ca/resources/application-process/how-to-apply-for-a-bc-teaching-certificate/
 

Jemmaprince

Newbie
Aug 2, 2019
2
0

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
29,343
6,376
Hai I finished my M. Sc and B,. Ed in Mathematics in India and I worked as a maths teacher for grade 10 for 8 years. Now I'm living in North Vancouver for 7 months. I had open workpermit and I'm searching for job. I applied in WES for my transcripts and my evaluation will complete this month. What can I do next to get a teacher job here. Please help me.. I don't know anyone here.
You may have to go back to school to teach in BC. Would see what the job market is like for teachers before going back to school because in general their is a surplus of teachers.

https://teach.educ.ubc.ca/professional-development/updating/
 

Aiglonduciel

Newbie
Aug 8, 2019
1
0
Bonjour monsieur. Merci beaucoup pour ces clarifications très utiles. Je suis en dernière année de formation à l'ENS Dr Porto-Novo. Je fait la philosophie et je désire enseigner au Canada. Comment procéder ?