+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Students with Families: Family will follow after 1 or 2 years

LeonardoTM

Mar 11, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have been searching for guidance regarding the question belows but couldn't find a clear one; I'm hoping you can share your knowledge and experiences. I passed at Humber College, Web Design and Development certificate course.

BACKGROUND: I am processing my Student Permit but cannot include my wife and child in my application due to fund constraints (we don't have enough funds for expenses + daycare, and my wife also needs to work full-time). We plan to have them apply to IRCC after 6 months/1 year/2 years depending on when I have fully settled down in Canada and have stabilized studies, work and expenses.

QUESTIONS:

1) Are there negative implications if my wife and child apply after 1 or 2 years? Will it be harder or are the chances of rejection higher considering I did not include them in my Student Permit application?

2) Should I still include them in my current student permit application but they will still follow after 6 months or 1 year? Will that have any negative implication if they don't go to Canada right away? Will it mean that renewal of my wife's visa and work permit (on the second year should we reapply, meaning I applied for a second certificate course to take) be harder to apply to?

3) Are there any affordable daycare options you have used in the Brampton/Etobicoke/Toronto area?

Any advice would greatly help.

Thanks everyone!

Best Regards,
Leonardo