+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International students, do we get the same wage?

Discussion in 'Canadian Labour Legislation' started by WayneCheah, Nov 27, 2011.

  1. hey guys, if I were to pursue my undergrad studies in a university in Ontario or BC, and with work permit for part time jobs, will my minimum wage be the same as a normal Canadian citizen/PR? please advice. Thanks!
  2. Yes. The minimum wage is a legal matter,which is why you are given a work permit. You will be paying tax on your income so make sure that your employer gives you a T1 slip. In your case as an international student you should be getting some money back from the government when you file your taxes.

Share This Page