+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

international students dissatisfaction with recent changes in visa process And online courses and ircc not doing anything about the situation

Ninakzmi

Aug 16, 2020
as an international student i dont have the choice to study online firstly because my program is not online,and even if it was it would be not what i want and that is not what we all ask for,i dont know utill what semester I should defer my admission to start my program,and i dont even know at what time i become able to get my visa and travel to canada,this is not a healthy situation for our mental health,we are going through lots of stress lots of pressures lots of sadness,im not happy about this situation i dont know if you are ok with this online courses or visa procces or not,but I've had enough of waiting and its hurting me mentally please please someone who care help do something for this situation :(

Ninakzmi

Aug 16, 2020
Im waiting for my visa since January 29,I've had witing up to my mouth,please help do sth at least for getting an exact time about the time on when everything is ok for us again like before

Shayshay_127

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
but this is such a weird and uncertain time for everyone, it's not just because they feel like torturing us or anything. take it easy, take care of your mental health. the world is not gonna end if you don't enter Canada this year. and why stress if you can't control anything? is it helping the situation? no. is it making you miserable? yes.
even if students were to boycott IRCC, what do you want them to do? risk the health/lives of the Canadians and let 46826238 students enter the country?

Ninakzmi

Aug 16, 2020
There are so many things to let entring happen without spreading coronavirus,like making rules for 14 day quarantine before traveling,what if coronavirus stays with us forever with no vaccine is life going to be this miserable? No we should make reasonable ways to do things as we did before,
Making courses online its not solution for us its not a choice its an obligation,a force,i know coronavirus changed everything but we can find a way to do things like before,if i wanted to study from my homecountry why did i apply abroad?
That goal was for a reason ,and unfortunately my program is not even online
but this is such a weird and uncertain time for everyone, it's not just because they feel like torturing us or anything. take it easy, take care of your mental health. the world is not gonna end if you don't enter Canada this year. and why stress if you can't control anything? is it helping the situation? no. is it making you miserable? yes.
even if students were to boycott IRCC, what do you want them to do? risk the health/lives of the Canadians and let 46826238 students enter the country?

Ninakzmi

Aug 16, 2020
Look i hate IRCC more than anyone in this forum because of their incompetence, they haven't processed my appliaction yet.
But their recent decisions are very plausible, no country will let foreigners in due to covid, its logical.
And they have not made it mandatory to study this semester, you can always defer.
I know i can defer but i did defer once from winter to fall and now from fall to winter?untill when exactly should i defer my study ?defer makes nothing better for me its my time which is flying

Reactions: Mary_mary123

Ninakzmi

Aug 16, 2020
Look i hate IRCC more than anyone in this forum because of their incompetence, they haven't processed my appliaction yet.
But their recent decisions are very plausible, no country will let foreigners in due to covid, its logical.
And they have not made it mandatory to study this semester, you can always defer.
Unfortunately i cant even start my courses online because my program is just in person,so i cant get what they offer to students studying online

Shayshay_127

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
There are so many things to let entring happen without spreading coronavirus,like making rules for 14 day quarantine before traveling,what if coronavirus stays with us forever with no vaccine is life going to be this miserable? No we should make reasonable ways to do things as we did before,
Making courses online its not solution for us its not a choice its an obligation,a force,i know coronavirus changed everything but we can find a way to do things like before,if i wanted to study from my homecountry why did i apply abroad?
That goal was for a reason ,and unfortunately my program is not even online
I agree that we need to get back to our normal life, and I'm sure there will be a plan later this year or next year on how to safely let people enter Canada. And very few countries are letting people in at this point, so I guess the world just needs a little bit more time to be 100% confident about how to handle this virus. We're just unlucky to be in the middle of this whole pandemic.
But hey, everything happens for a reason and everything will align sooner or later, so keep your head up!

Ninakzmi

Aug 16, 2020
Germany let international students to enter the country ,my friend and also many friends of my friend went to Germany 1month ago,and none of them got or spread the covid_19 because they do the standard protocols ,canada let family of citizens and pr's to enter but are we the only source of covid_19?

Reactions: Mary_mary123

Petita

Aug 30, 2019
I am a study permit applicant and I am with Canada in keeping borders closed until a vaccine is available to protect their people from COVID. They just did the right thing. No questions about that. Prevention is the best course to take in this global health crisis.

HOWEVER, I am also extremely disappointed with their new process, and here’s why:

1. If they’re saying that they couldn’t process applications on time due to heavy backlogs and reduced staff, they should’ve paused accepting new applications. This would result in them being able to finish applications submitted Q1-Q2 this year. This could’ve SAVED thousands of international study applicants from stress and disappointments.

But of course, they didn’t do that. They need the fees we pay and GICs to continue

2. If it’s true that they genuinely care about International students, too, then it would’ve been much better if they’ve been direct from the start with their intention to not let anyone in until 2023. Believe me, we will understand. This could’ve SAVED us all money and effort. It’s not easy to just withdraw our applications, choose another country, and move on with our lives just like what other commenters here say.

But of course, IRCC will never announce that or else applications will drop, and their colleges/universities will suffer.

3. 2-stage processing is a complete BS. And no, it’s not proof that CA is doing their best to support international students. Like, really? We’d rather have our applications canceled and fees refunded in these weird times. NO ONE PAID A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT FOR DISTANCE LEARNING.

But of course, they need that 2-stage process to hold students from withdrawing their applications and secure money invested in CA.

4. IF their grand plan all this time was to extend travel restrictions and push remote classes in the next two years then at least have the colleges and universities lower the tuition fees! Make it the same rate as the locals. This MAY be acceptable enough for some. No one will pay for $37,000 (with misc fees, student fees, library fees, health insurance) for distance learning.

But of course, they won’t do this.

You see, I am all for keeping Canada safe and its citizens protected from COVID. I never complained about the delays. But truly they have deliberately neglected a lot of things:

1. Money, effort, sacrifices of study permit applicants.
2. Our access to high-quality education.

We simply want to GET WHAT WE PAID FOR. We can only move on if they let us!

Last edited:
Reactions: costeltin

Ninakzmi

Aug 16, 2020
So many citizens and pr's are traveling to canada or from canada,or visitors visiting their families,if it's because of protecting their people what ist this travelings for?or why American students are allowed to enter?

Arwinders___

Jul 10, 2020
Germany let international students to enter the country ,my friend and also many friends of my friend went to Germany 1month ago,and none of them got or spread the covid_19 because they do the standard protocols ,canada let family of citizens and pr's to enter but are we the only source of covid_19?
Hey can i contact u? I am in same situation ... got my aip for fall... defering to jan