+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International student Working more than 40 hours during summer break

koll7

Apr 27, 2014
Can International Student work more than 40 hours during summer break or have two jobs? My permits states ''This work permit authorizes the holder to work off-campus up to a maximum of 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and full-time during scheduled breaks.''

Please help me with this.

0xFF

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Insha'ALLAH soon
Passport Req..
Insha'ALLAH soon
VISA ISSUED...
Insha'ALLAH soon
LANDED..........
Insha'ALLAH soon
koll7 said:
Can International Student work more than 40 hours during summer break or have two jobs? My permits states ''This work permit authorizes the holder to work off-campus up to a maximum of 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and full-time during scheduled breaks.''

Please help me with this.
It is clearly mentioned in the statement you shared above, i do not understand why people ask such stupid questions.

Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
If Allah Almighty wills (Insha Allah)
Mr 0xff
It is not a stupid question and it is just a confusion. Yeah if u have the knowledge then you may feel stupidity because u have already.
Yeah koli7
You can do part time jobs during your academic session if you are a full time students but if you are a part time student then you can work for 40 hours.
During regular or semester break, you can do full time work means 40 hours and you can work more than 40 hours but it will count overtime and you will be paid 50% more . in addition yeah you can do two jobs it's up to u.
Hope u may get this knowledge
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

19916 said:
Mr 0xff
It is not a stupid question and it is just a confusion. Yeah if u have the knowledge then you may feel stupidity because u have already.
Yeah koli7
You can do part time jobs during your academic session if you are a full time students but if you are a part time student then you can work for 40 hours.
During regular or semester break, you can do full time work means 40 hours and you can work more than 40 hours but it will count overtime and you will be paid 50% more . in addition yeah you can do two jobs it's up to u.
Hope u may get this knowledge
Thanks
1. Do you just make up answers?
2. Part time students can't work, as per CIC "If you are no longer a full-time student or do not maintain satisfactory academic results, you must return your work permit to a local Citizenship and Immigration Canada office." Only in the last semester where the student requires a couple of courses to graduate, can they study part time.
3. The OP could work 24 hours a day during semester breaks/holidays there is no maximum no. of full time hours.

Reactions: gupt07ash