+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International student visa refusal

Elena132

Nov 17, 2018
I applied for my 14 year old daughter study permit this summer 2020, we had all required documents and letter of intent prepared by our Immigration consultant, my daughter's biometric done in Ankara, turkey, however after 15 days, we received the refusal letter and have been shocked and disappointed since.
The refusal letter says: You haven't satisfied us that you will return to your country. But to me, the letter is very satisfying.
I was hoping I would apply for a visitor visa to accompany her once she got her permit.

Has anybody had the same experience? It's confusing as I was hoping we would get there by this fall so She would start by Feb.
Does anyone have any opinion, recommendations as of whether we should apply again and when?
should or could we both apply this time under visitor visa?
Is COVID the reason she got rejected?

thank you

Elena

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Many unanswered questions...Who is her Canadian guardian as she is a minor? Why do you want her to study in Canada while you remain back home. why do you need a letter of intent from an immigration consultant. Your daughter needs a Canadian guardian and acceptance into a Canadian high school, preferably private if she is coming alone.

Are you planning in staying in Canada as a visitor? . And now with the rejection you are thinking of applying as visitors...why? Then you are coming to visit, not study.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Still trying to understand the intent of your daughter studying in canada. I assume you paid her tuition and showed that she could afford to live in Canada with her guardian & not her guardian supporting her financially. You don‘t get to live in Canada on a visitor visa while she studies. She goes to Canada on her own. Your best option is to apply to a Canadian private school with boarding. The private school takes on the guardianship.

Again if you both apply for a visitor visas, you come to visit (not live in Canada or study).

Elena132

Nov 17, 2018
A friend of mine in Toronto, who is a Canadian citizen agreed to be her Custodian.
I (as per my immigration agent's advice)was waiting for her approval so I could apply for a visitor visa for myself and accompany her.
We had both the custodian and admission into a middle school in Toronto,
Letter of intent is to show that she will return after graduation.
I was planning to stay with her for as long as she would stay, if she was not refused.
Yes, with the rejection I'm not sure what is best for us to do,
apply again as Int's student +visitor visa
or Both of us as visitors,
not sure what is best and
when to apply to reduce the risk of being rejected again..

Elena132

Nov 17, 2018
Still trying to understand the intent of your daughter studying in canada. I assume you paid her tuition and showed that she could afford to live in Canada with her guardian & not her guardian supporting her financially. You don‘t get to live in Canada on a visitor visa while she studies. She goes to Canada on her own. Your best option is to apply to a Canadian private school with boarding. The private school takes on the guardianship.

Again if you both apply for a visitor visas, you come to visit (not live in Canada or study).

----

thank you for your time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A friend of mine in Toronto, who is a Canadian citizen agreed to be her Custodian.
I (as per my immigration agent's advice)was waiting for her approval so I could apply for a visitor visa for myself and accompany her.
I was planning to stay with her for as long as she would stay, if she was not refused.
You can't live in Canada on a TRV. This was probably one of the reasons why the application was refused. IRCC saw that you had intent to try to live in Canada with your daughter which isn't allowed.

If you want to reapply, submit an application for your daughter only. You should remain in your home country.

Reactions: mashulia_26

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Seems you are a PR, so not quite sure why you need a TRV

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/supervisa-extention.596619/

Wajahath

Nov 18, 2020
I applied for my 14 year old daughter study permit this summer 2020, we had all required documents and letter of intent prepared by our Immigration consultant, my daughter's biometric done in Ankara, turkey, however after 15 days, we received the refusal letter and have been shocked and disappointed since.
The refusal letter says: You haven't satisfied us that you will return to your country. But to me, the letter is very satisfying.
I was hoping I would apply for a visitor visa to accompany her once she got her permit.

Has anybody had the same experience? It's confusing as I was hoping we would get there by this fall so She would start by Feb.
Does anyone have any opinion, recommendations as of whether we should apply again and when?

thank you

Elena
Asking VO for reason of refusal is your best chance

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required

thank you

Elena
what is on GCMS notes?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
----

thank you for your time.
We really need more info. It sounds like you may have quite a lot of family in Canada which would create concerns that your daughter will not return home. Are you working? what about her father? In order to have a better chance of approval you should show your strong ties to Turkey like a longtetm job, property, etc. As others have indicated international students are not supposed to have their parents come and live with them. There have been some exceptions where one parent is allowed to come for a portion of time if the other parents has strong ties to their home country and they have plenty of funds.