+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student Stream, sponsorship?

RicardoSantos

Sep 4, 2018
Hi all,

I recently graduated from College and I have a full-time job in Toronto.
This job is a skilled job(NOC B) and it is of ideterminate duration.

I brought the Employer Form(009-0233E) to my employer to fill and they said that
they do not sponsor employees for Permanent Residence.

With that in mind I have the following questions:

Is this considered a sponsorship program like the regular Nominee program where the employer has to apply for a LMIA?

Other than filling the Employer Form, is my employer required to do any other work to help me?

Is my employer liable for me in any way?

If this is not a employer sponsorship program, what documents can I show my employer to prove it?

Thanks in advance.

Gs0004

Sep 23, 2018
Not sure how it works there but all I needed in manitoba was a typed letter on letterhead by employer.

Vadim26

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Hi all,

I recently graduated from College and I have a full-time job in Toronto.
This job is a skilled job(NOC B) and it is of ideterminate duration.

I brought the Employer Form(009-0233E) to my employer to fill and they said that
they do not sponsor employees for Permanent Residence.

With that in mind I have the following questions:

Is this considered a sponsorship program like the regular Nominee program where the employer has to apply for a LMIA?

Other than filling the Employer Form, is my employer required to do any other work to help me?

Is my employer liable for me in any way?

If this is not a employer sponsorship program, what documents can I show my employer to prove it?

Thanks in advance.
Never heard of "employer sponsorship program".

There is BC PNP "Provincial Nomination Program" and I will need a reference letter from work that confirms my duties according to the NOC I chose