+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International student spouse visa

zubey

Dec 18, 2014
I have been accepted by a canadian uni in master's program. I am gonna apply for student visa. I want my husband to accompany me.
1. If we apply for his TRV. What will be the duration of it?
2. Is it possible to change TRV into OWP after reaching canada?
3. What will be the requirements for OWP when appiled from canada?
4. What are the chances of getting an OWP being spouse of a student? I have heard It's difficult to get an OWP in such cases.

Anu Ullas

Jan 25, 2015
Zubey..

I am in same situation. I have got an admission for May intake in one University in British Columbia for PG specialization 2yr. Mu husband and 3 year old child wants to accompany me. But some people advised me to apply my visa first and apply them for an open work permit after my arrival. I am confused that

1) whether their visa will be rejected if apply for an open work permit?
2) whether they could apply for a visit visa first?Is it safe?
3)Can they change the visit visa to open work permit after arriving canada?
plzzzzzzzzzz help.........

What is ur plan? How u r going to apply for them?

mosixuan

Jan 28, 2015
Anu Ullas said:
Zubey..

I am in same situation. I have got an admission for May intake in one University in British Columbia for PG specialization 2yr. Mu husband and 3 year old child wants to accompany me. But some people advised me to apply my visa first and apply them for an open work permit after my arrival. I am confused that

Hello Zubey and Anu Ullas,

Here is my case.

With a visitor visa I came to Canada to visit my husband who is a PhD student. Then I applied for an open work permit online on 12 th Dec. My application was approved on 22th Jan and I received the letter with my OWP from CIC on 27th Jan.

I was just required to upload some simple documents:

1.Marriage License/Certificate
2.Family Member Proof of Status (it means that if your husband/wife is the applicant, here he/she should upload the copy of your passport, study permit,etc,.)
3.Proof of Medical Exam( After your family comes to Canada and apply for OWP, then need to do this as your family will stay more than 6 months. )
4.Passport or travel document(your family's passport)
5.Digital Photo
6.Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM5710)

You can help your family do an online questionnaire on CIC

and will find one of the questions:

【Are you are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)】

This means that your family can apply for OPW after they arrive at Canada and it could be much easier.

mosixuan

Jan 28, 2015
zubey said:
I have been accepted by a canadian uni in master's program. I am gonna apply for student visa. I want my husband to accompany me.
1. If we apply for his TRV. What will be the duration of it?
2. Is it possible to change TRV into OWP after reaching canada?
3. What will be the requirements for OWP when appiled from canada?
4. What are the chances of getting an OWP being spouse of a student? I have heard It's difficult to get an OWP in such cases.
Sorry, I forgot to tell you that if your family is issued with an OPW, their permit will be valid no longer than yours

Anu Ullas

Jan 25, 2015
Thank you very much...It was such a helpful answer...I understood that part. So my plan is that, first will be arriving in Canada, then apply visitor visa for my Hus n kid. After their arrival (If God permits), change the visitor visa to open work permit. right?

1) How can I apply visitor visa for them?How long it will be valid (3 months or 6 months?)

2) Is there any Visa interview for my husband in Canada in order to get an OPW?

3)What are the chances of visa success?

Please reply...THAK YOU

mosixuan

Jan 28, 2015
Anu Ullas said:
Thank you very much...It was such a helpful answer...I understood that part. So my plan is that, first will be arriving in Canada, then apply visitor visa for my Hus n kid. After their arrival (If God permits), change the visitor visa to open work permit. right?

1) How can I apply visitor visa for them?How long it will be valid (3 months or 6 months?)

2) Is there any Visa interview for my husband in Canada in order to get an OPW?

3)What are the chances of visa success?

Please reply...THAK YOU

Hello Anu Ullas,

I was not required to do an interview after submitting the application of OWP...

But I'm really sorry that I can't give you answers to the other two questions. You may search guidance of visitor visa application on CIC website. In our country, the maximum validity date for multiple entry visitor's visa is up to 10years, and we can stay in Canada no more than 6 months for every visiting. The chances of success depends on many factors, such as your financial status, your intention of visiting etc.

Anu Ullas

Jan 25, 2015
Okay...Got it...Thank you very much...I was confused regarding these topics ..Thank you for clarifying all that...once again thank you

sandpkr

Feb 10, 2015
hello,
I have a question. I am on student visa in canada for 2 years . I am going to get married and want to call my spouse so that he can help me In my finances and work for me and I can well concentrate on my studies. Is it possible that he can apply for work permit ? If yes , what are the requirements and how long it can take to get visa.
please reply..
Thank you.

anuaru

Aug 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th
AOR Received.
14th sept
File Transfer...
24th sept
Med's Done....
5th may
Interview........
Nooooooooooo interview
Passport Req..
done!! 13th feb
VISA ISSUED...
20th feb.
LANDED..........
on the way........., Then on 11th cloud..
Hi Guys,
hope you all are doing great!

is it possible to get spouse work visa along student visa from India to Canada?
whats the process, which province, and university in Canada.

Any one know consultant in Chandigarh, who can help in this.

Thanks,

Deevee

Feb 28, 2018
To whom it may concern (Just for help, thanks anyways)

Hi there,

I’m in Canada since 2016. What are the biggest possibilities of getting my husband a visa to visit me or any dependent visa. I know the documentation and stuff still need as much as assistance I can get from any of you with vast experience. It’s been 2 years away from him and I can’t deal with that anymore. What is the greatest ratio he can get visa easily? Please help. I am still a student, I have 2 semester left and then I ll apply for work permit but tell me how is it possible that I can have him come in Canada as fast as and also I surely wanna know about the funds and family ties and any other documents needed to show.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Menzhel1462

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Zubey..

Hi were you successful? What did you opt for? Visitor or open work permit