+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student spousal visa (TRV) is rejected. What is next?

Kyrgyz

Sep 12, 2015
Hello,
I'm second year PhD student in ON. I have applied for TRV visa for my spouse, but our application was rejected. Should I apply again for TRV or OWP?

Here are the reasons for refusal:

-You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
--Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
(We have provided our marriage certificate. She is living with her mother and sister in her country.)
--Purpose of visit
(in Invitation Letter: We ask for 3 week visa. The idea was to extend her visa after her arrival. )
--Employment prospects in country of residence
--Current employment situation
(We have provided her employment reference letter. Also, the dates of her vocations was included same as dates requested to stay in Canada. However, her salary was low 350 cad/month -more than average salary back in her country)
--Personal assets and financial status
( We state that she will be depended on me and I provide my bank account statement, salary and scholarship documents. She provided her bank account statement. However, she show only 5000 USD balance and did not provide 4 month history - in my country people do not rarely bank to safe their money . )

-In takes about two week to receive their decision.

We relationship in distance for 1.5 year and finally we have married this August. It is very unfortunate that we have this rejection after passing though all of this obstacles.

It is seems that we can't provide enough proof for all of this factors...

Should we reapply again for TRV? Or should we apply for spousal OWP? Please, give us your advice. Thank you very much

Sincerely,
S and B

meetpragnesh

Sep 11, 2015
yes you should go on try again buddy
i also came in Canada as a dependent. they rejected me 3 times and guess what?//
a applied 4th time and i got visa......
try and try nothing is impossible.... :)

john45111

Dec 19, 2012
hey hi even i applied 2months ago for my spouse...but website says its taking 17months for processing...wht was ur processing time??
how long did it tke for u??

Kyrgyz

Sep 12, 2015
john45111 said:
hey hi even i applied 2months ago for my spouse...but website says its taking 17months for processing...wht was ur processing time??
how long did it tke for u??
I applied for TRV and get rejection after 2 weeks.

Kyrgyz

Sep 12, 2015
meetpragnesh said:
yes you should go on try again buddy
i also came in Canada as a dependent. they rejected me 3 times and guess what?//
a applied 4th time and i got visa......
try and try nothing is impossible.... :)
I have applied for Open Work Permit but it was rejected again just in 5 days. The reasons for rejection is:
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
-current employment situation
-personal assets and financial status

Can you advice smth?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Kyrgyz said:
I have applied for Open Work Permit but it was rejected again just in 5 days. The reasons for rejection is:
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
-current employment situation
-personal assets and financial status

Can you advice smth?
how much funds did u show? u need to show fees +$10000 +$4000 at minimum

Kyrgyz

Sep 12, 2015
mead said:
how much funds did u show? u need to show fees +$10000 +$4000 at minimum
I show that I have 14 000 cad + 5000 usd in my wifes bank account. I also provide that I'm receiving Graduate Research Assistanship and Teaching Assistanship.

Cunctator

Oct 12, 2015
Hi everyone. I got refusal to renew my open work permit (applied together with my wife for PGWP,she has recently finished her studying) and the reason was that job of my wife is not from list of skilled workers!?I am suggested to restore my temporary status in Canada within 90 days.How is it possible,if the wife got work permit for 3 years?!Any idea what I am supposed to do?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Cunctator said:
Hi everyone. I got refusal to renew my open work permit (applied together with my wife for PGWP,she has recently finished her studying) and the reason was that job of my wife is not from list of skilled workers!?I am suggested to restore my temporary status in Canada within 90 days.How is it possible,if the wife got work permit for 3 years?!Any idea what I am supposed to do?
You were correctly refused.

Once your wife is on a PGWP, she needs to have a full time position that is skill level A, B or 0 in order for you to qualify for an open work permit. If she doesn't have a job that meets these requirements - you can't apply for an OWP. Yes - you should now apply to restore your status to visitor. Hopefully you have already stopped working - if not stop immediately since it's no longer legal for you to be working.

Cunctator

Oct 12, 2015
scylla said:
You were correctly refused.

Once your wife is on a PGWP, she needs to have a full time position that is skill level A, B or 0 in order for you to qualify for an open work permit. If she doesn't have a job that meets these requirements - you can't apply for an OWP. Yes - you should now apply to restore your status to visitor. Hopefully you have already stopped working - if not stop immediately since it's no longer legal for you to be working.

Any idea what the form to fill if I want to restore my status to visitor?How long can I be in this status if my wife is on a PWGP for three years?